What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
As per members email, confirmation Fergo etc won’t be back…

It’s important to also acknowledge players who will not return next season. Blake Ferguson, Joey Lussick, Michael Oldfield and Sam Hughes will all be moving on, and we thank them for their contribution during their time at the Club and wish them all the best for the future. They are, and always will be part of the Eels family.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I get the argument about whether BA should be coach or not, whether we have improved or not…etc etc

however this final series has shown luck is an important factor too. If Mahoney plays, we beat panthers and a good chance this week…….

We our squad, we can’t afford to lose an origin level spine player….

Noise

Coach
I get the argument about whether BA should be coach or not, whether we have improved or not…etc etc

however this final series has shown luck is an important factor too. If Mahoney plays, we beat panthers and a good chance this week…….

We our squad, we can’t afford to lose an origin level spine player….
Panthers missed To’o massively as well

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Only we are allowed to have injuries when it matters.

did I say that? Of course all sides have injuries, however there is also an element of luck too.

Definitely agree To’o was a loss for them too, but I suspect they wouId have preferred to have lost a winger rather then either their origin spine players in 6, 7, or 9……

hineyrulz

Post Whore
did I say that? Of course all sides have injuries, however there is also an element of luck too.

Definitely agree To’o was a loss for them too, but I suspect they wouId have preferred to have lost a winger rather then either their origin spine players in 6, 7, or 9……
Besides Cleary I’d argue To’o is nearly their most important player. He was on one leg against South’s and it showed how much they struggled to win the yardage battle. Mahoney is a massive loss but we were pretty much full strength otherwise. Sivo being out helped us IMO.

Avenger

Immortal
Or he’s just the most poorly used player at the club, he showed how good he can be in the middle Sat night and he’s always quality on an edge. How Lane is ahead of him is one for Ripleys. I mean Maka was preferred over him against Newy which is just stupidity. Nathan Brown is easily our most overpaid and replaceable.
I’d be happy with Nathan Brown to leave too, however I suspect he may have been playing injured for most of the year.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Or he’s just the most poorly used player at the club, he showed how good he can be in the middle Sat night and he’s always quality on an edge. How Lane is ahead of him is one for Ripleys. I mean Maka was preferred over him against Newy which is just stupidity. Nathan Brown is easily our most overpaid and replaceable.
Its really confusing isnt it. Lane has been middle or bench middle most of the year then hes back on the edge at the death. Im not complaining as I much prefer him on the edge but WTF?

Noise

Coach

I’d argue To’o is as big of a loss as Mahoney. To’o is more important for them than Api

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I’d argue To’o is as big of a loss as Mahoney. To’o is more important for them than Api
I disagree, because what To'o does can be distributed among Edwards, Crichton and Naden far better than Mahoney's work can be taken up by anyone else in our team. He is still the top playmaking dummy half this year, despite missing nine games.

Noise

Coach
Exactly. Luck always plays a role. They could miss the grand final this year. Does it mean they're a worse team than last year?
I would say probably…They lost more games this year and if they miss the grand final then they have gone worse in the regular season and gone worse in the finals.