What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Final Predictions

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Fair enough, but I'd be one happy person if I was a Roosters or Bunnies fan at the moment even though the Roosters have bowed out, they made the finals without many important players all year.

For the past umpteen years we have in way gotten used to being one of the mad Monday teams after round 25. I appreciate that the way the games are run and all the new rules that have been introduced might be putting people off league and many might think that it is a shit game now, but I'm talking about how those fans following the top 4 teams are feeling compared to what we are feeling finishing out of the finals.
No I get your point. I've always looked at the game and Saints somewhat separately. Whist always followed Saints I always enjoyed going to or watching other top line games as well. This was much of the way up to the late sixties and seventies. Seen so many top Souths vs Manly and Easts vs Manly, Balmain vs Souths games due to the popular match of the day (round) at the SCG.

The fact that Saints were up there as well was great added value. But something's changed and don't have that same attraction as previously. If Saints were in the mix i’d be more satisfied, but still think the games’s lost something due to the TV influencing rule changing sanitised version we see now. However, wonderful to see such an exciting 8-6 game on Sunday; I just wish it was the rule rather than the exception!

Last edited:
I'm thinking Storm > Panthers and Bunnies > Sea Eagles this weekend.

And I think that would produce the best GF of all combinations too.

Got a lot of respect for what Manly have done this year but the Bunnies I think are the best shot at giving the Storm a fright.

As for Penrith..... I never thought that club could ever become one of the most despised in the comp - but it has. I really respect how they have been resurrected from near bankruptcy to what they have become today but can't bring myself to like them.

Penrith have scored 18 points in their semi-final matches. Let in 22. If the Storm kick away to an early double-digit lead I wonder if the panthers will hold or lose their nerve. But if the Panthers can hold them to a low score at half time they will be right in it.

Dragon David

First Grade
I'm thinking Storm > Panthers and Bunnies > Sea Eagles this weekend.

And I think that would produce the best GF of all combinations too.

Got a lot of respect for what Manly have done this year but the Bunnies I think are the best shot at giving the Storm a fright.

As for Penrith..... I never thought that club could ever become one of the most despised in the comp - but it has. I really respect how they have been resurrected from near bankruptcy to what they have become today but can't bring myself to like them.

Penrith have scored 18 points in their semi-final matches. Let in 22. If the Storm kick away to an early double-digit lead I wonder if the panthers will hold or lose their nerve. But if the Panthers can hold them to a low score at half time they will be right in it.
I think you are right BBJF. These matches will be hard fought as they are the teams to finish 1-4 on the ladder in 2021. The teams getting more of the rub of the green will capitalise in my opinion. Bellamy and Bennett know their craft and have the game plans worked out to get their teams into the grand final.

The Panthers and Sea Eagles are worthy grand final teams but I cannot see either being able to win their matches.

Gareth67

First Grade
Souths over Manly , however if the wabbits are unable to hold the aggressive Sea Eagle back line , then they will find themselves in all sorts of trouble .

Melbourne over Penrith , Storm too well drilled and I believe that in their case the weeks break is just what they needed . The Panthers imo were damn lucky to win last week and the only good thing about it was that they had finally been in a dogfight - their first all season .

That will put them in good stead for this game , but only if they can contain the Storms relentless attack , which I believe will be beyond them .

2021 Grand Finalists South Sydney V Melbourne .

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
I think both games will be close.
I’m a huge fan of Turbo but I reckon Souths can get over Manly.
Panthers are a real chance of knocking off the storm but having the week off should see the Storm hang on.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Melbourne v Souths for mine.....would like to see Penrith topple Melb but tbh cant see it happening......as for the Manly v Souths game I think Reynolds could hold the key.....my mind goes back a few years ago when the bas!!!!!### slotted 3 field goals to knock us off

DragonBorn95

Juniors
Should be a good game tonight.. souths should have enough in them to beat manly.. and Wayne gave us our last premiership so I hope if he is retiring that they win the whole thing and send him off the right way.. it's going to be a low scoring cracker I reckon Souths by 8 😆👌

jeffdragon

Bench
Keppie gets knocked our and idiot Klein let's play on and Paulo runs behind 4 of his own players.
I hate gagai always whinges when his teamates get tackled and is a grub when he's in defence.

Gareth67

First Grade
Yeah Tom terrific should had passed the ball to his winger who was unmarked , but he just had to be the star - fool ! I hope Dessie kicks him up the arse .

Felt that Manly were very hard done by in their first try that was disallowed - by those fools in the bunker .

Last edited: