What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final - Panthers vs Rabbitohs: Sunday 3rd October 7:30pm @Suncorp Stadium

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well here we are guys here we are. I thought I’d make the thread up. I’m still lapping up last night haven’t thought about next week yet really but WE MADE IT WE MADE IT WE MADE IT!

Lets all still soak up all of last night and then looking forward to massive week ahead we can do this everyone. I know we can!

THE PRIDE OF THE LEAGUE IS BACK IN THE BIG DANCE BABY!!!

Glory Glory!

ALTOGETHER NOW!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Gus Gould twitter account is at it again tonight reckons we won’t beat them the same way again and that Penrith score 3 or 4 tries Souths only 1 or 2.

Rabbits20

Immortal
The Westies did us a massive favour

Now we need to play our best, we can do this!
Of course we can.

Must be patient in attack work them over get repeat sets and have fast line speed stop the offloads.

Our back 3 will be tested they’ll need to be on.

If we get our D right I think we have more points in us than them.

FIRE UP BOTANY MATE WALKING ALONG SINGING A SONG SINGING GLORY GLORY GLORY ALL THE WAY THIS IS OUR TIME

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Of course we can.

Must be patient in attack work them over get repeat sets and have fast line speed stop the offloads.

Our back 3 will be tested they’ll need to be on.

If we get our D right I think we have more points in us than them.

FIRE UP BOTANY MATE WALKING ALONG SINGING A SONG SINGING GLORY GLORY GLORY ALL THE WAY THIS IS OUR TIME
No question we have more points in us than them. But our forwards gonna need to stand up and take the punishment that'll be dished out early, and make use of our mobility.

Melbourne didnt take advantage of Penrith being gassed on their right side with Kikau - that's one area we need to look at. Cody has shown he can play both left and right, Munster was nowhere to be seen on that right side. Capewell is also another weakness

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Gus Gould twitter account is at it again tonight reckons we won’t beat them the same way again and that Penrith score 3 or 4 tries Souths only 1 or 2.
Penrith have struggled to score points in 3 straight games, it's their D, especially their goaline D that has kept them in it.

While we can't match Melbourne's power game, our halves play is much more dynamic than Melbourne. The trick is for our forwards to be able to take the early blows, sew up the middle, and then use their mobility to create multiple angles and points of attack.

We haven't got out of 3rd gear yet, 2nd gear was enough to destroy Turbo's utes, and certainly enough to destroy your band of merkin wankers
Penrith were rather ordinary and you only beat them 16-10 - They have been ordinary since SOO in all honesty but the last two games their defence has picked up and I expect their attack to improve as well and be too strong for your Souths.

Penrith have struggled to score points in 3 straight games, it's their D, especially their goaline D that has kept them in it.

While we can't match Melbourne's power game, our halves play is much more dynamic than Melbourne. The trick is for our forwards to be able to take the early blows, sew up the middle, and then use their mobility to create multiple angles and points of attack.
Joey tipping the Westies is the kiss of death, that dude's brain has been fried, he has got no clue
I think this time he will be right - Penrith will have too much fire in the belly to lose 2 GF in a row

No question we have more points in us than them. But our forwards gonna need to stand up and take the punishment that'll be dished out early, and make use of our mobility.

Melbourne didnt take advantage of Penrith being gassed on their right side with Kikau - that's one area we need to look at. Cody has shown he can play both left and right, Munster was nowhere to be seen on that right side. Capewell is also another weakness

Souths have a weakness on their right side D and they will have trouble containing the battle hardened and fitter Penrith team.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Souths have a weakness on their right side D and they will have trouble containing the battle hardened and fitter Penrith team.
Our right side D will be fine Reyno gets a good 9 days rest.

Fitter please they haven’t had the week off we did today Penrith looked very wounded TPJ, JFH, To’o, Edwards and Cleary and they used so much petrol to beat the Storm.

Go back to your Roosters corner and remember you are and always will be FOREVERINOURSHADOW!!

GongPanther

Referee
Marshall has some valid points, as well as a couple of Souths posters.

The thing in what will be in Penrith's favor over Souths was there to see seen in what we displayed in the Storm win. It was the fire in their belly, the absolute commitment they showed in defense by not only keeping one of the greatest scoring machines to one try, which scored an average 34 ppg this season, but their defending actually physically busted up their players to the point of them in having to leave the ground. That is how hard we defended...we were ruthlessly brutal this afternoon.

When Souths watch this game together, how uneasy are they going to feel after watching this? Maybe a little intimidated as the Storm were? Maybe not.

But the $2.50 question is, will the Panthers back it up three games running? My guess is Penrith will simply approach this game in the exact same manner as the Storm game. I don't think not even Bennett can coach against that.

May the best side....win?