What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

WT Unity

Juniors
And for you lads i understand that we are in meaningful dialogue with several players, so chill a bit.
I certainly hope we are as let's face it that is the job of recruitment at this stage of the year. Regardless of who is out there with 4 vacancies and the NRL's salary cap rules stating that you have to spend (at least 95% of it I think) then we have no choice.
Given the injuries to Douehi and Talau then we need to buy someone to cover centre. Then when you throw in that the coaching team will need to think that Hastings, Brooks, Douehi & Gildart will play in the NRL team when fully fit with Talau as back up / utility value to cover injuries at centre or wing then I see no real upside in going after Curtis Scott. I hope we are not chasing him. Surely Peachy would be better value because when Douehi is back and if Hastings and Brooks are building a combination in the halves then they will play Douehi at centre leaving Talau and potentially Roberts if the club takes up the option in backup. Surely we don't need three centres (once everyone is fit) as backup. If they get Peachy he can fill in at centre for the 1st 8-10 weeks then he offers plenty of versatility as a number 14. He can cover injuries in the halves and also as a small running forward which is pretty important the way (speed) the game is going at the moment.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Im thinking if we dont get rid of Brooks, he will be playing.

Maybe Madges "experiement" of Doughi in the centers was a precursor?

Possibly see:

1. Laurie
2. Nofo
3 Douehi
4 Gildard
5 Ken M
6 Hastings
7 Brooks

Brooks being a running half and Hastings the organizer. Im not sure whether I care whether they wear 6 or 7 as most teams play either side these days. There are severe weaknesses in that backline, but its the best Im hoping for next year. I think if we get the pack going forward and giving these guys some space they could score points.

I personally think that Doueihi's second ACL is only going to accelerate his move to lock. He's best utilised close to the ruck and most of the NRL finalists this season had ball players in the No. 13. Look at the passing games of Yeo at Penrith or Radley at Easts.

Maybe we should wait and see what rules are in place for 2022 before I say too much more?

BrotherJim05

Bench
I personally think that Doueihi's second ACL is only going to accelerate his move to lock. He's best utilised close to the ruck and most of the NRL finalists this season had ball players in the No. 13. Look at the passing games of Yeo at Penrith or Radley at Easts.

Maybe we should wait and see what rules are in place for 2022 before I say too much more?
He would need to put on a solid 15 kg of muscle to play there. He's a tall dude but I really can't see him taking a dirty hit up in the middle or making 30+ tackles and still ball playing

stryker

First Grade
Pascoe is a trackhead f**ken wanker.
He needs to be punted along with Brooks, Tamou, Nofoaluma and all the assistant coaches.

Pascoe is a trackhead f**ken wanker.
He needs to be punted along with Brooks, Tamou, Nofoaluma and all the assistant coaches.
Yeah well he’s never gong to respond at all if one approaches him in such uncouth fashion devoid of any respect.

You Queenslanders can be f**king merkins sometimes.

We seem to be getting a decent forward…ffs you should be on your knees.

Gotta love the off season.
Cheese has just been caught on the rack.
Sign that dickhead.
The f**king grand final hasn’t been played yet. Not quite off season until Ivan is karening about a gf loss.

If had bellamys side I could jag coach of the year too.

Holbrooks done well with his f**ked up side of merkins. I’d give it to him. That said, I’d kill for his side atm.

Come home Corey..

Last edited:

WT Unity

Juniors
He would need to put on a solid 15 kg of muscle to play there. He's a tall dude but I really can't see him taking a dirty hit up in the middle or making 30+ tackles and still ball playing

At 95kg Douehi is 3kg heavier than Radley and 5kg heavier than Murray. Lighter locks don't seem to be a problem for the Roosters or Souths. The best teams all now have a smaller, lighter, skilful, legspeed forward in their rotation. Souths and Easts as above along with the likes of Smith at Melbourne, Yeo at Penrith, Jake at Manly (not small necessarily but mobile and skilful) and Nathan Brown at Parra to name a few, all from top 8 teams.
I'm not necessarily putting my house on whether he could or would be transitioned into a #13 but it's not the worst idea I've heard of. He's skilful and can play a bit of footy as we all know and the examples mentioned previously in their respective teams get their hands on the ball a hell of a lot. I do now think that if this was being thought of by the coaching team (and that's a big if, it maybe totally left field as far as they're concerned) that his injury would probably delay it as they probably would have wanted to work on it in pre-season.

Latest posts