What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

theinsideman

Juniors
NRL Rd. 1

1 Tyrell Sloan
2 Mat Feagai
3 Moses Suli
4 Zac Lomax
5 Mikaele Ravalawa
6 Moses Mbye
7 Ben Hunt (c)
8 Francis Molo
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Tariq Sims
11 Jack Bird
12 Jaydn Su’A
13 Jack de Belin

14 Junior Amone
15 Tyrell Fuimaono
16 Josh Kerr
17 George Burgess

NSW Cup Rd. 1

1 Cody Ramsey
2 ?
3 Max Feagai
4 ?
5 ?
6 ?
7 Jayden Sullivan
8 Daniel Alvaro
9 Connor Muhleisen
10 Poasa Faamausil
11 Billy Burns
12 Jackson Shereb
13 Jackson Ford

14 Shalom O’Ofou
15 Jaiyden Hunt
16 Blake Lawrie
17 Josh Coric
18 Luke Gale

Como Connection

First Grade
NRL Rd. 1

1 Tyrell Sloan
2 Mat Feagai
3 Moses Suli
4 Zac Lomax
5 Mikaele Ravalawa
6 Moses Mbye
7 Ben Hunt (c)
8 Francis Molo
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Tariq Sims
11 Jack Bird
12 Jaydn Su’A
13 Jack de Belin

14 Junior Amone
15 Tyrell Fuimaono
16 Josh Kerr
17 George Burgess

NSW Cup Rd. 1

1 Cody Ramsey
2 ?
3 Max Feagai
4 ?
5 ?
6 ?
7 Jayden Sullivan
8 Daniel Alvaro
9 Connor Muhleisen
10 Poasa Faamausil
11 Billy Burns
12 Jackson Shereb
13 Jackson Ford

14 Shalom O’Ofou
15 Jaiyden Hunt
16 Blake Lawrie
17 Josh Coric
18 Luke Gale
Kerr in front of McGuire, no way in the world.
CC

Ben_Kusto_magic

Juniors
NRL Rd. 1

1 Tyrell Sloan
2 Mat Feagai
3 Moses Suli
4 Zac Lomax
5 Mikaele Ravalawa
6 Moses Mbye
7 Ben Hunt (c)
8 Francis Molo
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Tariq Sims
11 Jack Bird
12 Jaydn Su’A
13 Jack de Belin

14 Junior Amone
15 Tyrell Fuimaono
16 Josh Kerr
17 George Burgess

NSW Cup Rd. 1

1 Cody Ramsey
2 ?
3 Max Feagai
4 ?
5 ?
6 ?
7 Jayden Sullivan
8 Daniel Alvaro
9 Connor Muhleisen
10 Poasa Faamausil
11 Billy Burns
12 Jackson Shereb
13 Jackson Ford

14 Shalom O’Ofou
15 Jaiyden Hunt
16 Blake Lawrie
17 Josh Coric
18 Luke Gale
Lawrie reserve for reserve grade!?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
We have some pretty depth in the forwards now if Woods comes. With Lawrie, Molo, Kerr, Burgess, Moose, Woods, Coric, Alvaro, Faumausili, JDB, Sims, Sua, BB, Bird, Fuimaono and anyone I’ve forgotten there will be more competition for spots than we have had for some time.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
The Hook special 17, the most conservative team I can come up with for round 1;
1.Mbye
2.Feagai
3.Suli
4.Lomax
5.Ravalawa
6.Bird
7.Hunt
8.Lawrie
9.Macca
10.Molo
11.Sims
12.Sua
13.JDB
14.Amone
15.Woods
16.Kerr (Moose when not suspended)
17. Burns/Fuimaono

My team so far, some good players miss out and Moose’s return will make it interesting.
1.Sloan
2.Ramsey
3.Suli
4.Lomax
5.Ravalawa
6.Amone
7.Hunt
8.Lawrie
9.Macca
10.Molo
11.Sims
12.Sua
13.JDB
14.Mbye
15.Woods
16.Kerr
17. Bird

Old Timer

Coach
OT, you used to be pretty vocal about us signing “journeymen”, how do you feel about Aaron Woods and Moses Suli?
OT, you used to be pretty vocal about us signing “journeymen”, how do you feel about Aaron Woods and Moses Suli?
Suli is an interesting signing and I wouldn’t actually class him as a “journeyman” as his 1st year at Tigpies he was only 18 or so and not yet established.
I think if he gets his head right he can ve an asset but if not a definite Joey Leilua in the making.

Woods is no doubt now a journeyman as he has had a few clubs now but I do see him slightly different as he has shown he could rise to rep level unlike the likes of Fuimaono, Latts and some of the bog average ones who were talked up having never achieved anything substantial.

At low $$$ he can fill a role whilst we stop our ship from listing any further and him getting a 1 year contract with an option our way says to me some thought went into the signing.

Woods is anything but my favourite player but not sure he should be our whipping boy as he just might surprise a few in what he brings to us.

I don’t like journeyman very much but certainly have a greater aversion to those that attract longish contracts on overs and not sure Woods is one of those and he at least might be able to take a youngster under his wing unlike Graham who was incredibly overhyped and gave us blocker Lawrie

denis preston

First Grade
Good on you OT, a sensible and considered post on Aaron Woods. I also have an aversion to ‘long term contracts particularly those on overs‘ I believe we still may carry a few of those in that category.
Yes but most clubs do.That's why i understand the club being hesitant to offer these Norman type contracts unless it is for a proven superstar. I rate a player on his value of contract and that impact on the cap to his performance. In other words a 250k a year player out of sorts you can carry but a 800k player you can't and invariably that highly paid player is never dropped because of the contract. Highly paid players constantly not performing has an affect on team culture ( why should i bust a gut when he is on 800k playing shit but still selected every week )

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Yes but most clubs do.That's why i understand the club being hesitant to offer these Norman type contracts unless it is for a proven superstar. I rate a player on his value of contract and that impact on the cap to his performance. In other words a 250k a year player out of sorts you can carry but a 800k player you can't and invariably that highly paid player is never dropped because of the contract. Highly paid players constantly not performing has an affect on team culture ( why should i bust a gut when he is on 800k playing shit but still selected every week )
I admit that I was one who groaned and posted negatively when we signed Woods (and earlier when we signed Mbye) but, in fairness to Hook, he was betrayed badly by the playing group over "BBQgate" and you couldn't blame him for valuing character over ability in at least some of his new signings. Both Woods and Mbye, whatever their playing shortcomings, have reputations as loyal clubmen and leaders of men and if they can assist Hunt in turning the culture of the Dragons around, they may play an important role in 2022.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
The Hook special 17, the most conservative team I can come up with for round 1;
1.Mbye
2.Feagai
3.Suli
4.Lomax
5.Ravalawa
6.Bird
7.Hunt
8.Lawrie
9.Macca
10.Molo
11.Sims
12.Sua
13.JDB
14.Amone
15.Woods
16.Kerr (Moose when not suspended)
17. Burns/Fuimaono

My team so far, some good players miss out and Moose’s return will make it interesting.
1.Sloan
2.Ramsey
3.Suli
4.Lomax
5.Ravalawa
6.Amone
7.Hunt
8.Lawrie
9.Macca
10.Molo
11.Sims
12.Sua
13.JDB
14.Mbye
15.Woods
16.Kerr
17. Bird
I think this is pretty close to the best combination, although I expect Burgess to be on the bench probably ahead of woods and not sure whether I would have Ramsay over Feagai.. lets see how they look after off season training. Ramsay currently is just too light for first grade

Latest posts