What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

Fangs

Coach
The Daine Laurie photo proves a point I've made before.

Successful club, with a culture of success. Plenty of players want to be here. I'm not concerned about releasing juniors like Burton, Blore, Laurie etc when they are impossible to fit under the cap. Or when they are behind others in the pecking order.

We won't have a problem getting them back if we want them.

Kilkenny

Coach
I must be missing something, did Daine actually do something wrong.

Why wouldn’t he be overjoyed for his mates.

Media beat up and click bait. Just silly.

I went to Lidcombe Oval prior to lockdown to watch our NSW Cup side against the Magpies. Daine was there wearing his West Tigers polo etc supporting his then side. Spoke to his Panthers mates post game but his allegiances were with his current club. No big deal.

panther.mike

Juniors
Nearly as bad as Lewis [ our former captain] wearing a sharks jumper while still signed and playing with us. Not a good look and something I will never forgive.

soc123_au

Staff member
Nearly as bad as Lewis [ our former captain] wearing a sharks jumper while still signed and playing with us. Not a good look and something I will never forgive.
Very different circumstances. Laurie got carried away with the moment. Lewis came across as more of a "f**k you" to the club. I think there was a lot behind the scenes with Lewis that we didn't hear about that likely affected his judgement. I was pissed off at the time, but it didn't last long.

BxTom

Bench
Lewis wasted his peak playing for Matt f**king Elliott. Remember he played most of a year in the 7?
Dark times
Luke Lewis quit after Cleary had been appointed as coach in June 2012, with Steve Georgallis appointed for the rest of 2012. Lewis signed with the Sharks in July.