What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

Vicpanther

Juniors
I don‘t get why some get so much joy out of Jack Hetherington‘s issue’s. The poor bloke deserves a break and is being treated far more harshly than many others for similar issues and indiscretions.
i watched the raiders game last week and the amount of high shots and dirt big papi has is wrong yet doesnt get called on it but poor jack sneezes the wrong way and gets 3 weeks. The kid is just all heart and just wants to go hard.
him and radley are born in the wrong era sadly.

Kilkenny

Coach
i watched the raiders game last week and the amount of high shots and dirt big papi has is wrong yet doesnt get called on it but poor jack sneezes the wrong way and gets 3 weeks. The kid is just all heart and just wants to go hard.
him and radley are born in the wrong era sadly.
Your Victor Ridley is another who seems to attract attention which in most instances is just how hard he plays the contest the game.

In almost every game, each and every tackle in a set of six, if there is more than one player in the tackle you can virtually guarantee some part of a defenders body mostly the hand or arm comes into contact with the head of the person carrying the ball.

Kilkenny

Coach
Perhaps letting Jack leave in part had something to do with his disciplinary record, rightly or wrongly, but it was also about the size of the deal he was on ie $400k as has been suggested. I guess Matt E and Scott Sorensen on perhaps much less money have proved better value given they have both performed pretty well for us this season.

Munky

Coach
The simple one has had a pretty good game today.

Be interesting to see if he can make a go as a wide forward next season.

The_Frog

First Grade
James Maloney has kicked the winning field goal from near half way in golden point to give Catalans a 31-30 win over St Helens in a top of the table Super League match. St Helens led 30-12 with 4 minutes to play. Dean Whare scored one of the three Catalans tries in the final four minutes.

martielang

Bench
The simple one has had a pretty good game today.

Be interesting to see if he can make a go as a wide forward next season.

Always thought he was better playing on an edge. Played a lot of edge with the warriors last year and looked a player.

Very easy to look good with King Katoa controlling the middle of the field.

The Realist

Juniors
James Maloney has kicked the winning field goal from near half way in golden point to give Catalans a 31-30 win over St Helens in a top of the table Super League match. St Helens led 30-12 with 4 minutes to play. Dean Whare scored one of the three Catalans tries in the final four minutes.

How do you lose a game 30-12 up with 5 mins to go? That is honestly horrific though I am glad a couple of ex-Panthers managed to haul it in.

The Realist

Juniors
Katoa had a very good game. A lot of the Bulldogs offense was off of him darting quickly out of dummy half and getting the Bulldogs rolling down field quickly.

He has always had the ability to be a very good hooker. The two things that count against him however is that he is a lazy defender. I have lost count of the times I have seen him jogging back towards the defensive line as the opposition breaks the line through a gap that he could have plugged if he had shown urgency or had the fitness. Tackling and plugging defensive holes in the middle is an absolutely huge part of a hookers game - so being slack there is unforgivable.

His second problem was consistency. He was prone to a few errors a game, whether they were knock ons, forward passes or shit passes that team mates would knock on.

If he was able to sort those two issues he'd be a gun. He has some great offensive trickery with his passing and a good kicking game as well.