What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

skeepe

Immortal
Settle down Turbo. Every article so far has had the disclaimer that Cleary and May are unlikely to have had anything to do with it. Lets see how things pan out. At this stage 3 dickheads did the wrong thing. Everything else at this stage is clickbait.

Tomorrows headline, "Wayne Bennett burns his toast, Nathan Cleary to front integrity commission for investigation"
If Nathan Cleary is willing to lie to the NRL integrity commission - as well as the police - as he did last year over breaching COVID rules, I wouldn’t put anything past him.

SBD82

Coach
I was mostly on the fence about the Panthers’ behavior, but if Brandy is against it I’m all for it.

Because f**k Brandy. Such an irritating and condescending merkin.

The only real negatives about the Panthers winning the comp were that Brandy, @The_Frog and @GongPanther would get to enjoy the win.

One down. Hopefully the Panthers players shit on the others’ lawns.

The_Frog

First Grade
I was mostly on the fence about the Panthers’ behavior, but if Brandy is against it I’m all for it.

Because f**k Brandy. Such an irritating and condescending merkin.

The only real negatives about the Panthers winning the comp were that Brandy, @The_Frog and @GongPanther would get to enjoy the win.

One down. Hopefully the Panthers players shit on the others’ lawns.
If your going to suck our knobs, you've got to suck em all.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Ha, what an overblown joke. Where's the issue here? A group of young men posted a few tame as f**k social media videos, had a few drinks and generally celebrated a massive achievement, and apparently old Helen Lovejoy is about to start screeching 'won't someone think of the children'.

OK, breaking the trophy isn't ideal. And letting Tyrone May be a thing isn't great either. But f**k me. Let's hasten time travel and fly back to a time where footy players were patted on the back for celebrating - 100% legally, might I add - something they'd worked hard for.

Ha, what an overblown joke. Where's the issue here? A group of young men posted a few tame as f**k social media videos, had a few drinks and generally celebrated a massive achievement, and apparently old Helen Lovejoy is about to start screeching 'won't someone think of the children'.

OK, breaking the trophy isn't ideal. And letting Tyrone May be a thing isn't great either. But f**k me. Let's hasten time travel and fly back to a time where footy players were patted on the back for celebrating - 100% legally, might I add - something they'd worked hard for.
Watch out Penrose; you’ll get banned for having some perspective….

The_Frog

First Grade

Member the time this legend of a player but spanner of a coach broke the trophy.

Let young men be young men and have fun.

f**k the trophy.

Anyone who actually cares about this shit is a gay lord.
If its so frickin precious don't let the players who play for it touch it.

Deliver it to the winning club by armoured truck the day after the GF so it can be kept in a glass case at all times.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

My goodness what a brilliant coment from someone other than a Panther supporter.

Thanks.

GongPanther

Referee

I think I'll work on a pythonesque script about the holy grail of Australian Rugby League.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
If its so frickin precious don't let the players who play for it touch it.

Deliver it to the winning club by armoured truck the day after the GF so it can be kept in a glass case at all times.

A fascinating read. How come Penrith are considered 'criminals for damaging the trophy. Yet Canberra Raiders are celebrated for the same thing:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

A fascinating read. How come Penrith are considered 'criminals for damaging the trophy. Yet Canberra Raiders are celebrated for the same thing:
Nice article. Why not let the team have the trophy at the ground, then it stays there to be transported to HQ the next day? Actually don't do that, because then it signals that the do-gooders have won the day. We read an article where Laurie Daley says Canberra didn't really care about it at the time because they (presumably) were so pissed, the club's history book is going to have Mal nursing it broken on its cover, and Arthur Summons doesn't give a shit.

And on your last point, because social media. Social media is the worst thing to happen to the world. Ever. Honestly, I mean that.