What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Original Name

Juniors
Vaughan took a massive cut after getting punted by the dogs as did the bronco half he dropped 500k .but given it’s his last contract I think he will drop a little but not much
We're talking about giving up like 400K at least. I don't see how the NRL can allow it under the way they enforce these rules. Or have realistic expectations anyone would have such a massive amount of money up.

What tanked Vaughan's value in the eyes of clubs is he's f**ked up and got caught off the field multiple times. And he was on plently in the first place. So most clubs aren't willing clubs aren't willing to pay him huge amounts of money because it's a risk.

Tariq's different there's going to be clubs willing to pay close to his current deal. Or close compared to the meager money we can afford on recruits.

Iamback

Coach
The core of the side is locked in. Just need a few fringe guys to come in and hopefully kick on like Capewell and Sorensen did

Peter Lang reporting he expects either Edwards or kikau to sign in the next week maybe even both.thats would be huge news leaving only api to go .thats more than our core group.this will set us up for a few years as a top 4 team.

Interesting.

Report below has suggested that Edwards is on the Dolphins’ radar but is expected to re-sign with us.

Dolphins target Panthers premiership hero

The Panthers have a fight on their hands to keep premiership winning fullback Dylan Edwards from the new expansion franchise the Dolphins.

Brent Read reported on Triple M that the NRL’s newest franchise have their sights set on Edwards who is free to negotiate with rivals on November 1, as he comes off-contract in 2022.

“One of the guys on the Dolphins’ radar is Dylan Edwards,” Read said on Triple M.

“Dylan is one of those November 1 guys and he enters the last year of his deal on November 1.

“Penrith will sit down with him in the next couple of weeks and try and lock up a deal for Edwards.

“My expectation is that he will stay. I can’t see him wanting to go. He is very close to Nathan Cleary.

“He has a good relationship with that club and he has been an outstanding player for them this year.

“So as much as the Dolphins will have interest in Edwards my gut feel is that Penrith will knock a deal over pretty quickly with Edwards and they will look to get it done by November 1.

“I’m expecting Edwards to sign a long-term extension with Penrith reasonably soon.”

The 25-year-old has scored 21 tries in 80 games for the Panthers since his debut in 2016.

Iamback

Coach
Interesting.

Report below has suggested that Edwards is on the Dolphins’ radar but is expected to re-sign with us.

Dolphins target Panthers premiership hero

The Panthers have a fight on their hands to keep premiership winning fullback Dylan Edwards from the new expansion franchise the Dolphins.

Brent Read reported on Triple M that the NRL’s newest franchise have their sights set on Edwards who is free to negotiate with rivals on November 1, as he comes off-contract in 2022.

“One of the guys on the Dolphins’ radar is Dylan Edwards,” Read said on Triple M.

“Dylan is one of those November 1 guys and he enters the last year of his deal on November 1.

“Penrith will sit down with him in the next couple of weeks and try and lock up a deal for Edwards.

“My expectation is that he will stay. I can’t see him wanting to go. He is very close to Nathan Cleary.

“He has a good relationship with that club and he has been an outstanding player for them this year.

“So as much as the Dolphins will have interest in Edwards my gut feel is that Penrith will knock a deal over pretty quickly with Edwards and they will look to get it done by November 1.

“I’m expecting Edwards to sign a long-term extension with Penrith reasonably soon.”

The 25-year-old has scored 21 tries in 80 games for the Panthers since his debut in 2016.

No NSW Born player will go if they have a choice. Border Closures etc has will see it doesn't

Bob

Juniors
Not before training goes back. 1 or 2 players need to be shipped off which changes the squad needs
Which 1 or 2, also do you have any idea who is replacing Knowles, Catterick and Campbell in our Strength and Conditioning department

Iamback

Coach
Which 1 or 2, also do you have any idea who is replacing Knowles, Catterick and Campbell in our Strength and Conditioning department

We don't have many guys on contract past next season so it limits the options. If both re-sign and Api then Staines won't be here.

As for the other question. No actual roles defined but Elford and Lee Hopkins I heard are coming into NRL

murraymob

Coach
Just a twist it appears RCG at parra has told them he will not take up his option for 2023 looks like he after the money at the new club.this will be a problem for a few clubs that could work in our favour as we already have the core of our group signed up

Kilkenny

Coach
Just a twist it appears RCG at parra has told them he will not take up his option for 2023 looks like he after the money at the new club.this will be a problem for a few clubs that could work in our favour as we already have the core of our group signed up
Was it really confirmed how long we were subsidising the RCG contract at the Eels.

A good friend of mine suggests our obligations ended this season just finished while elsewhere it has been suggested we are paying for another season.

murraymob

Coach
Was it really confirmed how long we were subsidising the RCG contract at the Eels.

A good friend of mine suggests our obligations ended this season just finished while elsewhere it has been suggested we are paying for another season.
I heard it next year as well he had a 5 year deal .parra have 13 players coming off contract so it could be interesting how they handle it

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Read that RCG has turned down his player option for the 2023 season. I guess he is hoping for a chance with the Dolphins.
Will Smith has signed with the Titans.

Latest posts