What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 squad

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Fair enough…I think Fitz showed his hand by playing Tricky for the back half of the season and re-signing him for 2 more years. Still a work in progress but I reckon Nicho will be a perfect foil for him and take a stack of pressure off him as well. I’ve been wrong before but I’m as confident that he will succeed as I was when Will was starting out. Either way…. Nice to have a few options.

Special K

Coach
If we signed someone like Trindall( just turned 22, MOTM in Flegg GF win, NSW cup winning 7, QLD rep for 16s, 20s etc) who had only played 24 games here and there because he was stuck behind others we would be pumped. I'm happy to give him a shot. Especially given he has spent years around Brailey and Kennedy.

Hynes and Kennedy together could be lethal. We just need Tricky to develop his kicking game.

Inferno

Coach
I think Tricky already has a decent kicking game to be honest. His bomb and long kicking game are better than Chad's.

Given his age though, there's a high ceiling on his potential you'd think. He will definitely benefit from the extra footy he played off the bench this year.

Weaponhead

Coach
I think Tricky already has a decent kicking game to be honest. His bomb and long kicking game are better than Chad's.

Given his age though, there's a high ceiling on his potential you'd think. He will definitely benefit from the extra footy he played off the bench this year.
Agree. Trindall has the raw ingredients. He is a robust nugget who likes to take on the line. Strong boot which needs to be more consistent to create pressure. Can tackle but will become better communicator with experience.

I would love to see a bit more zip off the mark

Eion

First Grade

There are 2-toed sloths that put up better bombs than Chad.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
R

Reminds ma a bit of Adam Reynolds… same sort of nuggety build. Reckon there will be plenty of people singing his praises by this time next year.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Anyone watch Union, we are talking to some guy Miller outside back....

Well reports suggest

Frenzy.

Immortal

Agree. He has a long kick on him, knows when to use it and has a decent rudimentary short kicking game.

He just needs a lot of time on the field in the NRL to refine is kicking game. The main thing he lacks is finesse

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Agree. He has a long kick on him, knows when to use it and has a decent rudimentary short kicking game.

He just needs a lot of time on the field in the NRL to refine is kicking game. The main thing he lacks is finesse
Yep…has all the skills in spades just needs to learn when to take which option. Can see him coming along really quickly once he’s teamed up with Nicho and the emphasis is taken off him needing to be the creator.

Inferno

Coach
Supposedly Chicko is training with us at the moment.

I had heard he was on a trial and train with the dogs.

crazy pineapple

Juniors
im cool with this. there's a long way in between brailey and the next #9

suprised he got thru fitzy doors but maybe chickos not as much of a dick no more?

Chimp

Bench
Yep…has all the skills in spades just needs to learn when to take which option. Can see him coming along really quickly once he’s teamed up with Nicho and the emphasis is taken off him needing to be the creator.
He needs a really good mentor - I mentioned on another thread a while ago, Fitzy should get in Cronks ear, offer him a motza to come and mentor our halves - let Cronk own the game strategy. Imagine Hynes and Tricky with Cronks brains in the background.

Chimp

Bench
im cool with this. there's a long way in between brailey and the next #9

suprised he got thru fitzy doors but maybe chickos not as much of a dick no more?
Chicko is one of those rare players who isn’t liked even by his own team mates - there’s a general acceptance that he’s just an all round cock. Says it all that Corey Norman is his besty….