What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

DinkyDi

Juniors
Hopefully TMM makes it back to the NRL.

I don't know if he ever lived up to the wraps he had coming through. Seems like Luai became the player people were expecting TMM to become.
TMM is extremely fortunate that, 1. he is still alive, and 2. that he suffered no permanent damage.

Hopefully TMM makes it back to the NRL.

I don't know if he ever lived up to the wraps he had coming through. Seems like Luai became the player people were expecting TMM to become.
I was thinking the same thing.

Back in 2016 when TMM made his debut, many, including me, were hoping that he and Moylan would be our halves pairing to deliver a premiership.

Obviously, things turned out differently in the end. I could be wrong but wasn’t it around the time that TMM was injured that Nathan made his debut not long after?

TMM did show potential during his time with us. Hopefully, he’ll get a gig in the NRL.

DinkyDi

Juniors
This pains me

roofromoz

First Grade
Very different circumstances. Laurie got carried away with the moment. Lewis came across as more of a "f**k you" to the club. I think there was a lot behind the scenes with Lewis that we didn't hear about that likely affected his judgement. I was pissed off at the time, but it didn't last long.

I have read his book, he wanted to one club player and felt like he was being pushed out, which led up to that moment when he signed with Cronulla. My anger didn't last long either. Very happy to see him win another GF at the Sharks. Listening to him this year on the ABC, he still loves Penrith.

roofromoz

First Grade
Lewis wasted his peak playing for Matt f**king Elliott. Remember he played most of a year in the 7?
Dark times

2008. That was the 'last stand' for many of the remaining 2003 GF players, with Lewis being the only remaining player going into 2009.

Sure, we blooded a few kids that year like Wade Graham and Lachlan Coote, but how Matty Elliott did not get the sack after that season remains a great mystery. Really fell into a hole at the end of the season starting with that big loss in Canberra (the thrashing of the Dogs the next week meant nothing really as they finished with the spoon). Must have had some incriminating evidence on either Glenn Matthews or Mike Leary, because I can't think of any other reason.

Fangs

Coach
2008. That was the 'last stand' for many of the remaining 2003 GF players, with Lewis being the only remaining player going into 2009.

Sure, we blooded a few kids that year like Wade Graham and Lachlan Coote, but how Matty Elliott did not get the sack after that season remains a great mystery. Really fell into a hole at the end of the season starting with that big loss in Canberra (the thrashing of the Dogs the next week meant nothing really as they finished with the spoon). Must have had some incriminating evidence on either Glenn Matthews or Mike Leary, because I can't think of any other reason.

My guess would be money, didn't want to pay him out.

Whino

Bench
I have read his book, he wanted to one club player and felt like he was being pushed out, which led up to that moment when he signed with Cronulla. My anger didn't last long either. Very happy to see him win another GF at the Sharks. Listening to him this year on the ABC, he still loves Penrith.

I was the same when he left. He had the shits. Still don't know the full story. Anyway, I moved on, and like you listening to him on ABC made it easier. No bitterness at all when he speaks about us.

Will Smith useful pick up for the Titans, at a modest deal no doubt.
Definitely a modest deal. However, in the grand scheme of things, he’s done ok for himself young William. Not the flashiest player but seems to land on his feet more often than others.

I think he’s one of the very few players from our 2014 side that’s still playing NRL first grade.

Good on him.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Definitely a modest deal. However, in the grand scheme of things, he’s done ok for himself young William. Not the flashiest player but seems to land on his feet more often than others.

I think he’s one of the very few players from our 2014 side that’s still playing NRL first grade.

Good on him.
Bryce Cartwright, Yeo, Moylan, and DWZ, are the others.

Last edited: