What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

Ikonic

Juniors
That’s a standard price for a first grade centre. Someone solid, no absolute X factor elite talent - we have enough of that in our squad anyway.
Someone who can defend would be nice. Who was that bloke that shut down GI a couple of years back when we versed the dragons.. he was touted as origin potential once. Anyways see what happens

That’s a standard price for a first grade centre. Someone solid, no absolute X factor elite talent - we have enough of that in our squad anyway.
Someone who can defend would be nice. Who was that bloke that shut down GI a couple of years back when we versed the dragons.. he was touted as origin potential once. Anyways see what happens
Aitkin ?

Robbie 12

Juniors
Gags was on $650k-$750k depending on who you are talking to.
Wow so I think that they at least freed up 1.5m of salary cap …gags gone, burns gone, Moga gone, Marsters gone, need at least two centres , a lot of depth gone ..I guess we won’t hear anything until after November 1st

southsport

First Grade
Wow so I think that they at least freed up 1.5m of salary cap …gags gone, burns gone, Moga gone, Marsters gone, need at least two centres , a lot of depth gone ..I guess we won’t hear anything until after November 1st
Yeah, maybe around $1m available after upgrades, that's if there are any upgrades apart from Cody?

southsport

First Grade
I think we are looking for one good forward and centre to finalise our list lets be patient and see what happens remember Liam knight has the potential to be a regular first grader
You've summed it up very well, it's a waiting game.

handyman2190

Bench
The story goes that we had around 2m to resign 10 to 12 players which was not enough so we sacrificed AR gags and sua, cleared alot of dead wood and could only afford bargain 2nd tier players, we offered gags 450x1year but he left because he got 400x3years sua because of his inconsistent form was not deemed a big loss, and AR well excuses were made but at the end of the day the truth was weve got hawkins,taafe and illias,who raw and underdeveloped have great potential and at 22 if we dont give them a go we lose them, so the powers decided to let AR go. Now this 1 year BS, is just that, bull shit which is used as an excuse, they gave 30 year old goat 2 years, and will probably give cody 2 or 3 so its horses for courses,me i would never have let gags go for the sake of 1 more year, and if they continue down this path i dont see good coming of it, now no matter what juniors are coming up we need at least 2 first graders a centre and a forward, I can see the logic of moving the so called depth players as our nsw team played garbage and was running last so we needed to refresh there.
There are a couple of younger players i think would benefit,zac saddler a prop manly and they have a prop who is 19 played u18s etc not signed, i also like either or both jack williams and hunt from cronulla but we need to move, cheekam and havili would be on min wage id say we have gags 450 and maybe 300 for a forward,give or take.

Last edited:

southsport

First Grade
if I’m wrong why let go Su’a, Gagai and Reynolds? Because we didn’t have the room in the cap, why haven’t we signed a major signing?
We weren't prepared to give what they were asking and they got better offers elsewhere, it's not hard to understand.

Rsag85

Bench
We weren't prepared to give what they were asking and they got better offers elsewhere, it's not hard to understand.

you do know we are still paying for Sam Burgess and Greg Inglis who retired early with years left on there deals

we don’t have the salary cap space, if we did then you would see a major signing

it’s wishful thinking to say we are going to get this guy or that. Don’t expect anyone big, just depth that’s it

not hard to understand that

250excf

Juniors
Every off season is the same
Fantasy land bulkshit
We should sign this player blah blah
Ffsake admit it nobody knows jackshit regarding the cap

southsport

First Grade
you do know we are still paying for Sam Burgess and Greg Inglis who retired early with years left on there deals

we don’t have the salary cap space, if we did then you would see a major signing

it’s wishful thinking to say we are going to get this guy or that. Don’t expect anyone big, just depth that’s it

not hard to understand that
Rsag, you can believe whatever you want and I'll believe the info from the other guy........OK?

Latest posts