What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I'm not a fam of Fox sports writers but I found this piece to be written quite well. It goes a long way to ecplaining why the top 30 concept is reallt just a number. Players can be plucked from just about anywhere after round 10. It uses some good examples also. So, in reality there's the top 30, DS, reserve grade (KOE Cup) JF, T&T, and even down to SGB if they're old enough (18).
Recruiting and signing players is not just about 30 players, it encompasses the whole of a Clubs rosters from juniors to first grade.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Thats how I thought he might play. Ad-libs like chimes in if he sees something then switches off floats around the back not really covering the ball. I loved him but when you think about it probably correct couldn't play a structure has Hook going grey

I'm not a fam of Fox sports writers but I found this piece to be written quite well. It goes a long way to ecplaining why the top 30 concept is reallt just a number. Players can be plucked from just about anywhere after round 10. It uses some good examples also. So, in reality there's the top 30, DS, reserve grade (KOE Cup) JF, T&T, and even down to SGB if they're old enough (18).
Recruiting and signing players is not just about 30 players, it encompasses the whole of a Clubs rosters from juniors to first grade.

I read this yesterday too.
I know it's gone for good, but I still pine for Reserve Grade. If your first grade players were down on form you put them down to Reggies to get their confidence/hunger back. Players coming back from injury could be eased back in via Reserves, instead of thrust straight back into firsts, risking re-injury. Plus it gives everyone an extra game to watch, clubs an extra trophy to win and match fitness for players who would otherwise be sitting on the pine or playing in the useless, dud KOE Cup.
What we have in the NRL is an Elite competition, with no second tier. It's just dumb, imo.

Dragon David

First Grade
I read this yesterday too.
I know it's gone for good, but I still pine for Reserve Grade. If your first grade players were down on form you put them down to Reggies to get their confidence/hunger back. Players coming back from injury could be eased back in via Reserves, instead of thrust straight back into firsts, risking re-injury. Plus it gives everyone an extra game to watch, clubs an extra trophy to win and match fitness for players who would otherwise be sitting on the pine or playing in the useless, dud KOE Cup.
What we have in the NRL is an Elite competition, with no second tier. It's just dumb, imo.
I agree NotB. Is there anything written anywhere to let us know why there isn't a reserve comp anymore?

We have picked up a relation of one of our greats. The grand son of Puff the Magic Dragon. Mark's young cousin as I understand. Is on a trial and train contract. Please explain.

Latest posts