What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Morris retires

BLM01

First Grade
For me along with Beau Scott are my 2 favourite Dragon players this century Ive enjoyed being at our club. Flo, Thommo and Ben Hornby closely behind.
Unfortunately Josh was not with us long enough at 1st grade to rate up there

SaintPauli

Juniors
Yes, as I have said, we are a distant memory to him now. The Roosters will remain as the best club the Morris boys and dad will have played for. Funny that! Craig Fitzgibbon and Jason Ryles in my opinion have also "forgotten" the Dragons.
When you produce so many good juniors, which the roosters do far less off! These situations will always occur.

Old Timer

Coach
B Moz up there with the greatest wingers ever to pull on the Big Red V.

I was lucky enough to see some real greats in King & Lumsden and then Blacklock & B Moz and of course Nightingale as well.

Curiously they all had their own special attributes that made them standouts in the era's they played which thankfully makes it impossible to actually rate them against one another.

The really great thing about them all was that if a try was in the making or there was a chance for that individual moment to make something out of nothing then 99 times out of a hundred they would get the job done.

denis preston

First Grade
B Moz up there with the greatest wingers ever to pull on the Big Red V.

I was lucky enough to see some real greats in King & Lumsden and then Blacklock & B Moz and of course Nightingale as well.

Curiously they all had their own special attributes that made them standouts in the era's they played which thankfully makes it impossible to actually rate them against one another.

The really great thing about them all was that if a try was in the making or there was a chance for that individual moment to make something out of nothing then 99 times out of a hundred they would get the job done.
OT, I've seen King & Lumsden ( at the end of his career ) and the reason that Brett is the greatest is he had Lighting speed like Blacklock, great positional play like King and a big body like Lumsden . He was our greatest winger and we let him go with clearly 3 to 4 years left in the tank. I'm so angry towards the fools of 2013-2020 who ran our club ( nearly into the ground ) .

Old Timer

Coach
OT, I've seen King & Lumsden ( at the end of his career ) and the reason that Brett is the greatest is he had Lighting speed like Blacklock, great positional play like King and a big body like Lumsden . He was our greatest winger and we let him go with clearly 3 to 4 years left in the tank. I'm so angry towards the fools of 2013-2020 who ran our club ( nearly into the ground ) .
I agree to let him go was a tragedy of the 1st order.

All the wingers I have named would waltz into any of the greatest of sides and would do more than an admirable job.

Not so sure that King could be outdone for his cover defence, not so sure Lummy could be outdone for physicality, not so sure Blacklock could be outdone for his opportunism and vision, not so sure Nighty could be outdone for his doggedness, not so sure BMoz could be outdone for his speed and anticipation but I am sure no other club could ever boast such depth in one position

Dragon David

First Grade
I agree to let him go was a tragedy of the 1st order.

All the wingers I have named would waltz into any of the greatest of sides and would do more than an admirable job.

Not so sure that King could be outdone for his cover defence, not so sure Lummy could be outdone for physicality, not so sure Blacklock could be outdone for his opportunism and vision, not so sure Nighty could be outdone for his doggedness, not so sure BMoz could be outdone for his speed and anticipation but I am sure no other club could ever boast such depth in one position
Rightly put Old Timer. Those wingers certainly are RedV standouts. Knowing that they were playing you had a feeling that tries would be scored by them in most games and they were magical tries at that. Blacklock was fantastic and we poached him from the Roosters.

The loss of Brett Morris was devastating to say the least. I think at the end, Morris could not bear playing under Mary and the decision to leave and play at the Bulldogs was a big thing to be with Josh and under Des Hasler. I know that he would still be cherishing his days at the Dragons seeing that he won his first premiership ring there but he has now been out of the Dragons system for several years now and his mind will be more focused on the Roosters.