What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyrone May

In another post. That is the one that was the issue imo

Someone asked on Insta live. 'Where is the sex offender' Kiks was going no one here by that sorry. Then May came on and said. 'My N**ger there' or something like that.

The guy thinks he is a US Rapper or something. I will bold the part that shows NRL heard it too.

Tyrone May

Penrith Panthers Player Tyrone May has been issued with a Breach Notice alleging he acted contrary to the best interests of the game for posting and being part of social media posts which do not align with the values of the game.

The Breach Notice proposes May must complete further education programs as directed by the NRL. May has also been issued with a proposed $7,500 fine.

May has 5 business days to respond to the Breach Notice.

Sounds like he said it was an A, not an ER.

Iamback

Coach
The gentleman thing was just gangsta bullshit. I'm no fan of that culture, but it wasn't meant to be offensive or demeaning.

Agreed. I have no issue with anything done during the celebrations. NRL is all about optics though

The_Frog

First Grade
Huh? May was involved. He also lied to the NRL.
I didn't see any images with him in them. His involvement amounted to living in the same house. He did lie to the NRL to cover for his mate, which some might see as an honourable act, but the NRL bosses are a stone faced lot, who tell the odd porky themselves.

I didn't see any images with him in them. His involvement amounted to living in the same house. He did lie to the NRL to cover for his mate, which some might see as an honourable act, but the NRL bosses are a stone faced lot, who tell the odd porky themselves.

A bunch of girls are over at your house and you don’t come out of your room? I’ve got a bridge to sell you, Frog. Of course he was involved.

mxlegend99

Referee

He was drinking with them. He was smart enough to to be part of the videos but still got caught.

May, who was already banned until round five after pleading guilty to releasing sex tapes without consent at the start of last year, could now be out of action until round seven.

It's understood May was said to have gone to his room to distance himself from the unexpected female guests once they arrived, but the integrity unit later discovered this was not the case.

Penrith officials will meet with the pair on Tuesday morning and discuss whether to accept the breach notices or challenge them.

Fangs

Coach
I don't see much difference at all between the N words. I have heard them both used in a racist and endearing way.

soc123_au

Staff member
I don't see much difference at all between the N words. I have heard them both used in a racist and endearing way.
I think context is the key. Much like Bitch, Queer etc. Unless you are a white straight male, then you cant say any of them. lol

BxTom

Bench
The gentleman thing was just gangsta bullshit. I'm no fan of that culture, but it wasn't meant to be offensive or demeaning.
My great niece (indigenous) calls all her girlfriends gentleman and thay return the favour. All in fun. That's not an issue as both Kiks and Api are the same nationality.

mxlegend99

Referee
He wasn't in any pics that I saw. And he didn't arrange anything.
Well obviously the NRL found evidence he participated in hanging out with the girls.

How do you know who arranged what exactly? My money is on the girls wanting to go hang out at the footy players houses... And the young men not having the self discipline to say no to a bunch of young girls wanting to party with them. But like you I would just be guessing on how they ended up hanging out.

May was probably smart enough to want nothing to do with photo or video considering the suspension he was serving at the time and the players knowing what they were doing was wrong Honestly cant believe Cleary was dumb enough to document himself breaking COVID bubble with video footage.

The breach itself is not a big issue IMO. Young males partying with young females... Its easy to see how and why they would risk it. But lying about it was just stupid and the reason both copped a bigger punishment then other breaches.