What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyrone May

Panther Mick

Juniors

May hit with show-cause notice as Panthers look to tear up contract​

By Michael Chammas

October 27, 2021 — 2.41pm

Tyrone May has seven days to save his NRL career with Penrith deciding to issue him a show-cause notice after his controversial social media post after this year’s grand final.

The one-year extension he signed for the 2022 season, which was recently registered by the NRL, is now in serious danger of being torn up.
The Herald can reveal the Panthers board gathered on Wednesday morning to discuss May’s future, deciding to give the 25-year-old an opportunity to front the club’s directors next week and convince them why his contract shouldn’t be torn up.
The Herald understands May’s off-field indiscretions during his time at the Panthers, which were brought back into the spotlight following his social media post in the aftermath of Penrith’s premiership victory, have taken their toll on decision-makers at the club.

While he still retains the support of coach Ivan Cleary and superstar halfback Nathan Cleary, the club has been inundated by criticism and concern from sponsors and members since his post.
After a few days, and at the direction of the club, May removed the post but was fined by the NRL and will be required to undergo education before he is allowed to play for Penrith or another team.
“And the dirt that they threw on my name turned to soil and I grew up out it,” May posted referencing Drake’s Fair Trade song.
“Time for y’all to figure out what y’all gon’ do about it. Love my brothers.”
Privately, May has told those close to him that his post was in reference to those who doubted him as a kid and said he wouldn’t amount to anything coming from the western Sydney suburb of Tregear.
However, given the main picture of his post was taken outside the courts during the club’s sex tape saga, there are plenty of people at the Panthers who are sceptical about his declared intentions.

Under the NRL’s no-fault stand down policy, May missed the entire 2019 NRL season while the matter was before the courts.

May last year pleaded guilty to four counts of intentionally recording an intimate image without consent, sentenced to 300 hours community service and placed on a three-year good behaviour bond.

He subsequently returned to the NRL midway through last year, playing in the past two grand finals for Penrith.

May hit with show-cause notice as Panthers look to tear up contract​

By Michael Chammas

October 27, 2021 — 2.41pm

Tyrone May has seven days to save his NRL career with Penrith deciding to issue him a show-cause notice after his controversial social media post after this year’s grand final.

The one-year extension he signed for the 2022 season, which was recently registered by the NRL, is now in serious danger of being torn up.
The Herald can reveal the Panthers board gathered on Wednesday morning to discuss May’s future, deciding to give the 25-year-old an opportunity to front the club’s directors next week and convince them why his contract shouldn’t be torn up.
The Herald understands May’s off-field indiscretions during his time at the Panthers, which were brought back into the spotlight following his social media post in the aftermath of Penrith’s premiership victory, have taken their toll on decision-makers at the club.

While he still retains the support of coach Ivan Cleary and superstar halfback Nathan Cleary, the club has been inundated by criticism and concern from sponsors and members since his post.
After a few days, and at the direction of the club, May removed the post but was fined by the NRL and will be required to undergo education before he is allowed to play for Penrith or another team.
“And the dirt that they threw on my name turned to soil and I grew up out it,” May posted referencing Drake’s Fair Trade song.
“Time for y’all to figure out what y’all gon’ do about it. Love my brothers.”
Privately, May has told those close to him that his post was in reference to those who doubted him as a kid and said he wouldn’t amount to anything coming from the western Sydney suburb of Tregear.
However, given the main picture of his post was taken outside the courts during the club’s sex tape saga, there are plenty of people at the Panthers who are sceptical about his declared intentions.

Under the NRL’s no-fault stand down policy, May missed the entire 2019 NRL season while the matter was before the courts.

May last year pleaded guilty to four counts of intentionally recording an intimate image without consent, sentenced to 300 hours community service and placed on a three-year good behaviour bond.

He subsequently returned to the NRL midway through last year, playing in the past two grand finals for Penrith.

Sounds like he’s gone, they’re just going through the formal processes.

The_Frog

First Grade
Given his proclivity for filmmaking he was probably behind the camera. And as MX posted, it was established he was involved.
You can utterly prevail in this discussion by posting a link to the event with TMay in it. Relying on past incidents will not do.

Until such time as I see such a thing, I remain of the opinion that he received the rough end of the pineapple over the TikTok matter.

Iamback

Coach
That’s what he’s saying, but it’s not believable. And thankfully the club sees it that way, too.

So why the picture of him as a teenager in the footy jersey then?

Either way the club can't fire someone on hearsay. Needs to get his version and cross examine

The_Frog

First Grade
Panthers making him wait another week and then front the board. Why couldn't he front the board today? If they're going to show him the door, do it quick so he can find another gig or even explore his legal options.

You can utterly prevail in this discussion by posting a link to the event with TMay in it. Relying on past incidents will not do.

Until such time as I see such a thing, I remain of the opinion that he received the rough end of the pineapple over the TikTok matter.

I never claimed he was pictured, he wasn’t. But as MX posted it was established he was there.

Panthers making him wait another week and then front the board. Why couldn't he front the board today? If they're going to show him the door, do it quick so he can find another gig or even explore his legal options.

Is Tyrone a relative or something? The lengths you’ve gone to defend this guy is unusual to say the least.

The_Frog

First Grade
Is Tyrone a relative or something? The lengths you’ve gone to defend this guy is unusual to say the least.
Does that mean I'm related to Franklin, Kilkenny BxTom and Alice as well (and quite likely others)? He has a considerable amount of support around here because he's being thrown under the bus as a virtue signal which thinking individuals find distasteful. It will bite this club on the arse, mark my words.

And I guess this must mean you can't find evidence that he was involved in the TikTok matter apart from living in the same house.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Does that mean I'm related to Franklin, Kilkenny BxTom and Alice as well (and quite likely others)? He has a considerable amount of support around here because he's being thrown under the bus as a virtue signal which thinking individuals find distasteful. It will bite this club on the arse, mark my words.

And I guess this must mean you can't find evidence that he was involved in the TikTok matter apart from living in the same house.
So how will his, potential, dismissal bite the club?

Iamback

Coach
it’s unbelievable that he meant no reference to the court case.

The court case is part of the bumps in life

He is from a Houso area
He doesn't talk to his parents
Had a major ACL
Convicted criminal
yet due to the support of the club is a premiership winner.

Was poorly worded granted. Nathan called out the haters in a much better way and maybe May should of waited until he was sober to better word the post.

It is just how many of the board believe that version. I can't see them voting 100% either way

Latest posts