What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gazzamatta

Coach
Tyrone May has been punted (or nearly punted) because he posted a insensitive comment in Instagram. They could of swept it under the carpet Munster style, but they decided to clear some cap instead.

I guess it comes down to whether a certain players sister has split with or still hot to trot with Mr May as to what The Boards final decision will be. We will find out soon enough.

eels_fan

First Grade
Ayoub has begun his media driven contract negotiations for Paulo..

“I’ve certainly fielded a fair bit of genuinely good interest,” Ayoub said. “We are not in any hurry but obviously Junior’s prospects just keep growing.”

Asked directly if the 27-year-old was interested in a move to Queensland to link with Bennett, Ayoub said: “He is open to going anywhere. Junior is open-minded.”

Ayoub did not dispute Paulo got a “good deal” when he signed to return to Parramatta from Canberra. But there is also no disputing Paulo has lived up to his side of the bargain, and Ayoub is determined to get him what he is worth.

“Every player is entitled to chase what they are worth when they have given service,” Ayoub said. “He came back to Parramatta on a four-year deal. It was a good deal but it wasn’t overs by any stretch of the imagination. So he is entitled to be seeking what he is worth right now.”

Apparently he is only the 22nd highest paid forward in the game, and should easily be in the top 10 which would require a $800-$900k salary

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Tyrone May has been punted (or nearly punted) because he posted a insensitive comment in Instagram. They could of swept it under the carpet Munster style, but they decided to clear some cap instead.

So he may be sacked for a naughty tweet but not for what landed him in court the first place. Lol welcome to 2021.

T-Boon

Coach
I would give Paulo and Reed pay rises and it would come from Gutherson's slice of the pie.
You look at Parra over the last 20 years, we have struggled to find or make good dummy halves and impactful props but we always seem to manufacture good fullback play. Hodgeson, McKinnon, Gutherson, Gordon, Hayne. I think we can get someone on the way up for $400k or under.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's a good thing that I can tell then. You merkins are damn lucky to have me around.
I certainly can't tell. I could confidently put Gutherson in the $600k-$800k range, but that's a f**ken big range. If I'm a club administrator and I offered $600k and he left for more elsewhere is it my fault because I lowballed him? If I offered $800k and he's not worth that much then I've hurt the club's salary cap by paying overs.

Ayoub might know exactly what Gutherson is worth but he will be trying to get more than that. He doesn't care if Parra (or any other club) pays overs, and neither does the player I reckon. He'll be thinking he can take up the slack from talent forced out of the team by his new big contract, or that the club should be able to find a couple more value buys on unders.

This is why I always back the club over the players. Because they are mostly a bunch of self absorbed merkins who always put themselves ahead of the club. Understandable, but I'm a Parra fan, not a Gutho fan. f**k that merkin.

So he may be sacked for a naughty tweet but not for what landed him in court the first place. Lol welcome to 2021.

Well, it's for a naughty tweet directly related to the issue that got him in trouble in the first place. And one that suggests that his apparanent contrition (which may have saved him from the axe at the time of the original incident) may not have been super genuine.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well, it's for a naughty tweet directly related to the issue that got him in trouble in the first place. And one that suggests that his apparanent contrition (which may have saved him from the axe at the time of the original incident) may not have been super genuine.
True, but he should of been sacked in the first place IMO. He gets sacked now because of cap restraints and let’s face it his form was less than stellar and he’s easily replaceable. I suppose most clubs would do the same.

Avenger

Immortal
I certainly can't tell. I could confidently put Gutherson in the $600k-$800k range, but that's a f**ken big range. If I'm a club administrator and I offered $600k and he left for more elsewhere is it my fault because I lowballed him? If I offered $800k and he's not worth that much then I've hurt the club's salary cap by paying overs.

Ayoub might know exactly what Gutherson is worth but he will be trying to get more than that. He doesn't care if Parra (or any other club) pays overs, and neither does the player I reckon. He'll be thinking he can take up the slack from talent forced out of the team by his new big contract, or that the club should be able to find a couple more value buys on unders.

This is why I always back the club over the players. Because they are mostly a bunch of self absorbed merkins who always put themselves ahead of the club. Understandable, but I'm a Parra fan, not a Gutho fan. f**k that merkin.
Great post Pou. I’ve had enough of how he plays out his contract negotiations publicly everytime this situation comes around. I like the way Moses did it earlier this year. He stated very early in the piece that he wanted to stay and accordingly the club and fans were very comfortable with the situation and it didn’t drag until the brink of 1 November like Gutherson does every f**king time.

I’d actually put a deadline on him and take the captaincy off him in 2022 for again being a slime about it.

True, but he should of been sacked in the first place IMO. He gets sacked now because of cap restraints and let’s face it his form was less than stellar and he’s easily replaceable. I suppose most clubs would do the same.

Oh sure, I have no strong feeling either way on this. But it's not that he has been sacked for a random tweet.

hindy111

Post Whore
Would people prefer we had a team full of players nobody wants? Of course we have guys other clubs will chase.

The only downside is clubs like Rooster have this stuff wrapped up. We did with Moses and N.Brown. I reckon we will have who we want stay and if not confident BA will bring in the right guys.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Ayoub will play us for the highest possible contract offer for each of his players - that's his job, and what the players pay him for. If we try to sign the three one at a time, then that just plays into his hands and we'll struggle.

Hopefully the club tables (affordable but reasonable) offers for Gutherson, Mahoney and Paulo at the same time before 1 November, and puts the pressure back on Ayoub to actually find better. We could say if they sign for the reasonable amounts offered we're a chance of keeping the gang together for a premiership run 2022-2023... but if one of their mates wants more/refuses, we can hint that we'll use that money to top the remaining players up a bit (if they sign agreement to the first offer in principle).

If Ayoub does find better for one or more of them and lets us know for final offer, club can make a judgement call on whether going above to seal a deal is good value or not. So we'll either lose one if Ayoub gets lucky with supply and demand, or none if we play it right (instead of letting him talk it up through the media one player at a time while everyone waits).

the phantom menace

First Grade
I don't reckon they'll seriously punt May until/unless he has arranged a one-year deal elsewhere. This putting him on notice thing is just to make sure he does that over summer, so everyone involved in the situation can appear to come out with a "win".

Gronk

Staff member
Great post Pou. I’ve had enough of how he plays out his contract negotiations publicly everytime this situation comes around. I like the way Moses did it earlier this year. He stated very early in the piece that he wanted to stay and accordingly the club and fans were very comfortable with the situation and it didn’t drag until the brink of 1 November like Gutherson does every f**king time.

I’d actually put a deadline on him and take the captaincy off him in 2022 for again being a slime about it.
Yep, I don’t get the vibe that xxxxx player is entitled to an upgrade. Sure there are some in the squad like Papa and Reed, but the club is trying to operate under the same cap, so if they all demand upgrades that only means that you end up with a top heavy squad.

Gronk

Staff member
Ayoub will play us for the highest possible contract offer for each of his players - that's his job, and what the players pay him for. If we try to sign the three one at a time, then that just plays into his hands and we'll struggle.

Hopefully the club tables (affordable but reasonable) offers for Gutherson, Mahoney and Paulo at the same time before 1 November, and puts the pressure back on Ayoub to actually find better. We could say if they sign for the reasonable amounts offered we're a chance of keeping the gang together for a premiership run 2022-2023... but if one of their mates wants more/refuses, we can hint that we'll use that money to top the remaining players up a bit (if they sign agreement to the first offer in principle).

If Ayoub does find better for one or more of them and lets us know for final offer, club can make a judgement call on whether going above to seal a deal is good value or not. So we'll either lose one if Ayoub gets lucky with supply and demand, or none if we play it right (instead of letting him talk it up through the media one player at a time while everyone waits).
Ayoub is a merkin.

And I only typed 4 letters.