What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

DinkyDi

Juniors
It's Latin Di. You're probably too young to remember when we common folk took part in a "plebiscite" to decide to become a republic (or not).
Yeah I know it has something to do with voting, I thought that, in here, the word was used in a demeaning way, I was trying to find out how, if that makes sense? Thanks.

Kilkenny

Coach
We will never have a draft system in the NRL. It was previously determined by the courts as a restraint of trade so it’s not going to change.

Personally, I think the draft along the lines with how the AFL do it is a great system. It works very well for them, but it is accepted and part of there culture. If it was tested in the Federal court, which it won’t be, it would be ruled unlawful as well. It really does work very well in there system.

We haven’t had a draft in the NRL, but it doesn’t automatically penalise who develop from within, there is much more to it than that. I don’t believe we would automatically reduce our expenditure on junior development just because there was a draft system in place. You can still retain the cream of the crop with a smart roster manager, as occurs in the AFL.

ALX25

Juniors
2022 PANTHERS JERSEY FLEGG SQUAD
Addison Williams, Aston Warwick, Bailey Nouredine, Braith Alexander, Carsil Vaikai, Cody Lawson, Daeon Amituanai, Daniel Sykes, Elone Taufa, Gordon Whippy, Hanna El-Nachar, Ilai Tuia, Isaiah Iongi, Jack Cole, Jack Garrod, James Torrens, John Sagaga, Keagan Russell-Smith, Kristian-Li Mai, Mason Teague, Maxwell Pritchard, Ryley Smith, Simon Tito, Sunita Lotoaniu, Tom Affleck, Tyreece Tonga, Ativalu Lisati, William Fakatoumafi, Zac Lipowicz

Source: https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2021/10/29/2022-jersey-flegg-squad-confirmed/

Fangs

Coach
So who makes the big time on name only?

Gordon Whippy is a shoe in. I'd have a hard time leaving him out of the 17.

Kilkenny

Coach
2022 PANTHERS JERSEY FLEGG SQUAD
Addison Williams, Aston Warwick, Bailey Nouredine, Braith Alexander, Carsil Vaikai, Cody Lawson, Daeon Amituanai, Daniel Sykes, Elone Taufa, Gordon Whippy, Hanna El-Nachar, Ilai Tuia, Isaiah Iongi, Jack Cole, Jack Garrod, James Torrens, John Sagaga, Keagan Russell-Smith, Kristian-Li Mai, Mason Teague, Maxwell Pritchard, Ryley Smith, Simon Tito, Sunita Lotoaniu, Tom Affleck, Tyreece Tonga, Ativalu Lisati, William Fakatoumafi, Zac Lipowicz

Source: https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2021/10/29/2022-jersey-flegg-squad-confirmed/
Most of the players I know nothing about but pleased to see Tyreece Tonga and Ativalu Lisati named above only because I watched them last season before Covid stuffed up the juniors. Both potentially have a future.

Iamback

Coach
Most of the players I know nothing about but pleased to see Tyreece Tonga and Ativalu Lisati named above only because I watched them last season before Covid stuffed up the juniors. Both potentially have a future.

Brandy's son plays 9 but very small be interesting how he goes against the big guys.

Sau is training with NSW Cup but will drop back. Lawson is a centre too and looks pretty good

Kilkenny

Coach
Brandy's son plays 9 but very small be interesting how he goes against the big guys.

Sau is training with NSW Cup but will drop back. Lawson is a centre too and looks pretty good
Riley Smith is small. Has some work to do on his defence.

Nathan Cleary came of the bench as a dummy half when I first watched him in Matt’s so anything is possible. He was scrawny to say the least, the rest is history. I wouldn't have picked it. I didn’t see anything in Nathan in Harold Matt’s but I guess that suggests I know nothing. Talent spotting is obviously not my strongpoint.

Big Bill

Juniors

Is Sau the FB who came from Parra last season ? The Purus and Connor Mason could drop back as well.

Iamback

Coach
Is Sau the FB who came from Parra last season ? The Purus and Connor Mason could drop back as well.

That is the Sau. They can depending on who comes into the squad really. Last year Tago and Turuva were SG Ball age and I expected them to drop and played the whole season up

The_Frog

First Grade
It's Latin Di. You're probably too young to remember when we common folk took part in a "plebiscite" to decide to become a republic (or not).
Actually that was a referendum. The choosing of Advance Australia Fair as the national song was a plebiscite. While the SSM vote was a survey.

Having squandered many hours playing Caesar games, I'm very familiar with the term pleb, from the Roman Empire.

The_Frog

First Grade
Nathan Cleary came of the bench as a dummy half when I first watched him in Matt’s so anything is possible. He was scrawny to say the least, the rest is history. I wouldn't have picked it. I didn’t see anything in Nathan in Harold Matt’s but I guess that suggests I know nothing. Talent spotting is obviously not my strongpoint.
Determination and will to succeed are like contrition. They are something that exists within and not always visible on the outside. Gus Gould has spoken many times on how Nathan would spend long hours alone practicing things, that is where his will to succeed would have been evident.

Latest posts