What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Big Bill

Juniors
Riley Smith is small. Has some work to do on his defence.

Nathan Cleary came of the bench as a dummy half when I first watched him in Matt’s so anything is possible. He was scrawny to say the least, the rest is history. I wouldn't have picked it. I didn’t see
Brandy's son plays 9 but very small be interesting how he goes against the big guys.

Sau is training with NSW Cup but will drop back. Lawson is a centre too and looks pretty good
Is Sau the FB who came from Parra last season ? The Purus and Connor Mason could drop back as well.
Ö
Is Sau the FB who came from Parra last season ? The Purus and Connor Mason could drop back as well.

in Nathan in Harold Matt’s but I guess that suggests I know nothing. Talent spotting is obviously not my strongpoint.
I thought the same about Nathan .as well .
He is one I am keenly watching next year.
Very strong, has a bit of skill for a big man. A bit of toe too!
Hi Blade made me sit up and take notice when you talk up a player but if he's any good why have souths and Canberra let him go.

Blade23

Juniors
I thought the same about Nathan .as well .

Hi Blade made me sit up and take notice when you talk up a player but if he's any good why have souths and Canberra let him go.

Most of his last 2 years have been wrecked by injuries and Covid shutdowns. Canberra had a very high opinion of him. My understanding is he wanted to get back to Sydney and he played out the rest of his contract at Souths.
I am very keen to see him in our systems.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Most of his last 2 years have been wrecked by injuries and Covid shutdowns. Canberra had a very high opinion of him. My understanding is he wanted to get back to Sydney and he played out the rest of his contract at Souths.
I am very keen to see him in our systems.
How old, and which position does he play?

Debt Clock

Juniors
The kid I am keen to watch is Delahia Wigmore from Cairns. Another interesting signing is Simon Tito a centre from Manly SG ball team from last year. Simon comes from the Parramatta juniors.

Kilkenny

Coach
i have seen people talk up salmon but haven't had a chance to see him play.
I’ve never talked him up, did watch him in NSW Cup on a handful of occasions this season before Covid ended the season.

He has some decent attributes, i agree he is not overly quick, but is a useful backup, I don’t think we could pick up anyone else, better on the same sort of money.

YoungPanther

Juniors
Riley Smith is small. Has some work to do on his defence.

Nathan Cleary came of the bench as a dummy half when I first watched him in Matt’s so anything is possible. He was scrawny to say the least, the rest is history. I wouldn't have picked it. I didn’t see anything in Nathan in Harold Matt’s but I guess that suggests I know nothing. Talent spotting is obviously not my strongpoint.
I am with you Kilkenny. My last 3 Juniors who I thought would play for Australia (from when they were lads) were Bryce, Rennings and Ollie Clark. Struck out with all 3.

Kilkenny

Coach
I am with you Kilkenny. My last 3 Juniors who I thought would play for Australia (from when they were lads) were Bryce, Rennings and Ollie Clark. Struck out with all 3.
We have some really talented kids in our junior systems by all accounts. The last two interrupted seasons have been difficult, but difficult for all clubs. I think there are many youngsters in our ranks who have the potential to play NRL so lots to look forward too in the next season or two, maybe a changing of the guard.

murraymob

First Grade
Okay next years jerseys revealed.
So what is different to this year
And bluestone has been added to the jersey have we lost anyone from the jersey

Original Name

Juniors
I’ve never talked him up, did watch him in NSW Cup on a handful of occasions this season before Covid ended the season.

He has some decent attributes, i agree he is not overly quick, but is a useful backup, I don’t think we could pick up anyone else, better on the same sort of money.
It's crazy how much people talk about his speed negatively in reference to him in the halves. As if you have to be a speed demon to a do a job at five eight. All you need is the speed to cover in defence and anything else is just a bonus. To an extent it's a bit more fair in reference to him at centre but that wouldn't be his preferred position anyway.

Latest posts