What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Das Hassler

Bench
I mean, has Brooks ever played behind a good pack? Lol

You have to laugh ...the last 16 years your consistently world beating packs have earned 4 spoons...1 in every 4 on your own! and 2 during the time Brooks lame duck packs have not earned even one. Brooks will go ( very) well with Joey....quit while your ahead with that positive and forget about throwing the jabs...you've had the 8 count a few too many times. ( quote) LOL

Das Hassler

Bench
Always rated Brooks a much better talent than Moses coming through the juniors.
He should’ve left the Tigers a long time ago, his development has suffered as a result.

For various reasons WT have never had a settled spine since Brooks debut . ..i long wished Tigers had hired joey to work with him and really believe that he'd get more out of Brooks than Moses....if he comes over i'll be wishing him well..hope he kills it and i think that under Joey he could very well hurdle the rest to be No 2 behind Cleary. ...if he does it wont be due to a change of clubs as much as having Johns with him fulltime. Added bonus....he's a total maintenance free cleanskin.

Old dog

Juniors
Think getting Brooks is a very good move and he will fit in well, means less changes such as Clifford remaking at 5/8. Sure could see Ponga in that position but at this time we don’t have a suitable replacement f/b and will give time for Hodgson to develop assuming reserve grade happens for whole season

Yosh

Coach
Brooks coming will mean Mann get's even less game time. Great news. Brooks is still young enough to develop further. Good also. HOWEVER, how much will we be paying for him? If we pay more than 500k a season, surely we are getting the wrong end of the stick in that deal.

General Knight

Juniors
In addition to what everyone else has said I think the other good thing about Brooks is that hes rarely injured so hopefully that should bring some stability to our spine.

Hopefully this post doesnt come back to bite me BIHK style.

Jono078

Referee
In addition to what everyone else has said I think the other good thing about Brooks is that hes rarely injured so hopefully that should bring some stability to our spine.

I was going to mention that but I didn't want to be the one to put the mock on him.

Congratulations - you have that title :p

mozza91

Coach

I’m now predicting a career ending injury during preseason. Rory Kostjaysn style.

You have to laugh ...the last 16 years your consistently world beating packs have earned 4 spoons...1 in every 4 on your own! and 2 during the time Brooks lame duck packs have not earned even one. Brooks will go ( very) well with Joey....quit while your ahead with that positive and forget about throwing the jabs...you've had the 8 count a few too many times. ( quote) LOL
Lol and yet we've still made more finals series in that time 😂

Das Hassler

Bench
the other good thing about Brooks is that hes rarely injured

I can only ever remember him being out once for two or three weeks and that was a few years ago. Keep in mind also. ...when it's said that the Knights have identified the halfback they want to replace Pierce, it probably moreso means Joey has!

aqua_duck

Coach
We will definitely miss the leadership and intangibles of Pearce but IMO having halves that can move and take on the line is vital in this version of rugby league and Pearce was absolutely cooked in terms of mobility.
I think it's obvious Brooks isn't a dominant primary playmaker but I think can compliment Clifford

Knight Tales

Juniors
We will definitely miss the leadership and intangibles of Pearce but IMO having halves that can move and take on the line is vital in this version of rugby league and Pearce was absolutely cooked in terms of mobility.
I think it's obvious Brooks isn't a dominant primary playmaker but I think can compliment Clifford
Not sure what game it was last season, but he made a line break with no fullback in front of him and was easily run down. At his peak he would have gone all the way.

aqua_duck

Coach
Not sure what game it was last season, but he made a line break with no fullback in front of him and was easily run down. At his peak he would have gone all the way.
If I'm re m embering correctly he picked up a loose ball on his own 30 with no one in front of him, ran about 15 metres and kind of slowed down to look for support. At his peak I remember Pearce chasing down GI, these days he'd struggle to chase down the trainer to get a sip of water

Jono078

Referee
If I'm re m embering correctly he picked up a loose ball on his own 30 with no one in front of him, ran about 15 metres and kind of slowed down to look for support. At his peak I remember Pearce chasing down GI, these days he'd struggle to chase down the trainer to get a sip of water
Not sure if that's the one Knights Tales is talking about.. I remember late in the year him running for the line with plenty of space and just being chased down with ease.

aqua_duck

Coach
Not sure if that's the one Knights Tales is talking about.. I remember late in the year him running for the line with plenty of space and just being chased down with ease.
To be fair his lack of pace has been shown up on quite a few occasions now, who could forget the Broncos game when Farnworth put in a kick and about 4 Broncos players jogged past Pearce in the chase for the ball

Knight Tales

Juniors
That was the one. That was the definitive moment right there. That boy had plenty of toe once upon a time.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I could be wrong but wasn’t Pearce’s first NRL try a long range intercept against us? I seem to remember it being at Gosford too. Someone feel free to look that up I could be way off the mark.

Latest posts