What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Smug Panther

First Grade
The dolphins have missed most targets so far .not so sure they will target api unless he has his shots.the storm could well be hit harder than most they just lost a forward and muster will be high on the big list
They are struggling hard to sign anyone.i might even get a run for the right price you bet
They'll get Ponga imo. Knights are going nowhere

GongPanther

Referee
You think they have offloaded ~$5m worth of talent?

Because the media figures reported have 8 of these guys combined for around half the salary cap. I know they got some bargains off the scrap heap like Vaughan and Dufty. But the figures don't add up and the Bulldogs will certainly need to have a fire sale to fit all these guys in for 2023.

I think Mahoney and Burton are actually decently priced and incredibly smart signings for Bulldogs. But the likes of JAC, TPJ, Kikau, Cotric etc. are way overpriced.
Did they have any cap room on top of before they got rid of those players? Anyway, if there is any wrong doing in regards to screwing with the cap, they will get done for, and I can't see the Dogs in putting themselves in such a precarious position.

GongPanther

Referee
Still not completely convinced about the dogs in 2023. No doubt they will have a good starting side but how can they afford to have good depth? They will be struggling to keep any decent young players that come through. They must be planning to not sign and offload some more guys as they have with cotric who I assume they are chipping in for the raiders. They are going all out on buying a contending roster and pinning their hopes on an unproven coach. Good teams play a lot of footy together and have good depth. They are throwing a bunch of guys together on long pricey deals. If they don’t click straight away it will be interesting.
Remember the Knights from around 3 or 4 years ago when most ppl had them certainties for a premiership push because of their squad? But like most put together football teams, it does take time for players to jell, and the Dogs are no exception. For me, I hope they do well and the ex-Panthers continue to shine.

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
Its hard to know.

Rheed was imo top 3 hooker in game this season. But the years prior he was just solid , no frills.
Kikau is a weapon but only on a good side. In a weak team he won't be.
JAC spent his career at the best side in comp.

Did Cotric,DWZ and Allen turn into bums overnight? All looks very good and talented players so what happened?

I think you need to be very carefull when buy players from top clubs. Average guys can look much better then they are.

Burton is a different story based on the fact he is physically sensational. He is fast, big,strong and can step. If he isn't able to make it in the halves he will be a top shelf centre.

Problem for them is he has a player option for 2024. He will get offers of over 1million imo. 1.1-1.2
He might blow their cap right up.
I think the Dogs want him as a half, but I think that position will reel him in. Leave him in centre where he has scored 15 tries this season. But no matter where the Dogs play him, bloody hell he is going to be a polished player.

Whino

Bench
Be interesting to see how the Api saga unfolds .parra will now be in the market.i have a feeling most offers will be not that much difference but the amount of years may be..can see a club offering 4 years for us that’s to long.that then gives us a year to develop a new hooker as there is not much quality out there to buy

Api is the get unvaxxed atm. That should make a few bidders reluctant.
Then again we are in the world of the needy, greedy, and the desperate. Anything could happen.

MugaB

Coach
Its hard to know.

Rheed was imo top 3 hooker in game this season. But the years prior he was just solid , no frills.
Top3 hooker hey?.. behind B.Smith, Api, Cook and H.Grant... pawwa couldn't stay top4 by seasons end, top 3 hooker.. please.

I'd even put ben hunt above him and he's only a part timer

Your pawwa bias is showing again

MugaB

Coach
junior club Beerwah Bulldogs on Sunshine Coast
Correct, then played SGball for Bulldogs, but as far as context goes he was a bulldog first before he played for Pawwadice, which why we are talking about Rheeds history... was mentioned that eels should get some compensation, but the dogs were the ones that scouted him, before he joined the eels later on...
But yeah a Qlder

hindy111

Post Whore
Top3 hooker hey?.. behind B.Smith, Api, Cook and H.Grant... pawwa couldn't stay top4 by seasons end, top 3 hooker.. please.

I'd even put ben hunt above him and he's only a part timer

Your pawwa bias is showing again

On this years form he was good. But then our best performances of the year had him injured and not part of the side.

Fangs

Coach
Give me a reason that is 98% factual as to why that picture would be taken? So they can release it in 23 months time when he's officially a Dog?

It was definately to be released, that is a fact. Not necessarily 23 months from now. I'd say about a month or two from now leading into the season. Its their biggest signing yet and Gould's first big fish. I'm happy with tears and debate over that.

I don't agree that this release was planned (It clearly wasn't). There are far better ways to screw Penrith if that is their intention.

Their handling of the Burton signing is far worse in my eyes.

Iamback

Coach
Yes. He was let go as told wouldn't make it and to small.

I hope you guys have a crack at a few of their talented juniors.

The flow on from all the money going in these positions is they will lose guys.

We have the key spots covered. So can make average players look great which will annoy the fat Grub Gus

hindy111

Post Whore
The flow on from all the money going in these positions is they will lose guys.

We have the key spots covered. So can make average players look great which will annoy the fat Grub Gus

They have gun centre coming thru. Target him. Critchton I can see as your fullback down the track.