What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
When there is a player in demand and one of the clubs interested is called the Roosters, you might as well say "I give up". They were able to get Suaalii at a tender age and he will definitely be on one wing next year.

If there was a draft system, the Dolphins most probably would have got their man in Smith.

The Roosters spine will be Tedesco, Keary, Walker and Smith. They will have a good back up hooker Sam Verrills. Makes you wonder if following league is a good thing when the top 4 will always be the same.

TruSaint

Referee
The Morris brothers have the same opinion of the Chooks as an organisation saying it's the best.

Smith WILL end up at the Roosters 100% and they will maintain being a force for umpteen years. They always get their man.

Yes mate.

He's definitely a Chook.

I sure you get what I mean by me being pissed off.

We can moan and laugh about the cap etc, but they are now a Club with a real identity.

Players want to go there.
That's a fact.

be55

Juniors
I’m glad Smith went to Chooks, he seems like a real grub, I hope he drags their club through the mud…
I'll admit the kid can play but my view of him as a person will be forever tainted after he tried to break Blake Lawrie's leg in the final round of 2020 at Kogarah.

No one can tell me he didn't try to bend Blake over when his leg was trapped under other defenders.

It was completely intentional.

He saw his leg caught and tried to bend him over. Blake was lucky to walk away with just a limp. He could have snapped his leg in half.

The two of them had had a couple of altercations during the game but to do that to someone you're a piece of trash.

I'll admit the kid can play but my view of him as a person will be forever tainted after he tried to break Blake Lawrie's leg in the final round of 2020 at Kogarah.

No one can tell me he didn't try to bend Blake over when his leg was trapped under other defenders.

He saw his leg caught and tried to bend him over. Blake was lucky to walk away with just a limp. He could have snapped his leg in half.

The two of them had had a couple of altercations during the game but to do that to someone you're a piece of trash.
Cannot wait to see George Burgess/Sua/JDB/Molo & Co barrel him in 2022.

Our forward pack looks decidedly different next season.

TruSaint

Referee

I cant recall that bro. Dog act if so.

By the way, I only posted this not in admiration of Smith, but rather the reality of where we stand in relation to a Club we used to laugh at. One that couldn't get people through the gate.

TruSaint

Referee
I’m pretty sure that was Max King

he got suspended for that

You have a fine memory my friend.

In round 20 of the 2020 NRL season, King played his 50th NRL match, during the match King was placed on report for a hip drop tackle on St. George Illawarra forward Blake Lawrie. Due to the intent shown from King the tackle was referred straight to judiciary. King was later suspended for three matches by the judiciary costing himself a chance of playing in the 2020 NRL Grand Final. The tackle was described as being ugly and premeditated.[11]

be55

Juniors
I cant recall that bro. Dog act if so.

By the way, I only posted this not in admiration of Smith, but rather the reality of where we stand in relation to a Club we used to laugh at. One that couldn't get people through the gate.
I agree with you mate...

be55

Juniors

You have a fine memory my friend.

In round 20 of the 2020 NRL season, King played his 50th NRL match, during the match King was placed on report for a hip drop tackle on St. George Illawarra forward Blake Lawrie. Due to the intent shown from King the tackle was referred straight to judiciary. King was later suspended for three matches by the judiciary costing himself a chance of playing in the 2020 NRL Grand Final. The tackle was described as being ugly and premeditated.[11]

I think you'll find that Smith was involved in the tackle as well but maybe I'm wrong and I've despised him for 12 months for nothing 🤪

Crush

Coach

I saw him interviewed when he was in hotel quarantine. He was a pig. Talked about how his Mrs was a pest, interrupting him while he was having a punt on the horses. Classic footy head alpha male wanker. Good footballer though.

Como Connection

First Grade
I saw him interviewed when he was in hotel quarantine. He was a pig. Talked about how his Mrs was a pest, interrupting him while he was having a punt on the horses. Classic footy head alpha male wanker. Good footballer though.
He is from Logan isn't he.
Explains it all.
CC

Drakon

Juniors
I sure do remember Bazza, and the Cork Box, where is he now? Not sure about Mick.
They used to call me Dim Sim as I was always getting two next store to eat in the pub.
Meet my wife at St.George LC in 78 and she lived just around the corner in Edgebaston Road.
CC
Met my wife at Saints Leagues as well. It was 1980 and she too was a Beverly Hills girl. Lived in Mayfair Crescent (off Broadarrow Rd)

Como Connection

First Grade
Met my wife at Saints Leagues as well. It was 1980 and she too was a Beverly Hills girl. Lived in Mayfair Crescent (off Broadarrow Rd)
We used to play knock backs at Saints, if you got one after asking for a dance the boys would buy you a drink, no knock back, you did your best!
CC

be55

Juniors

You are 100% correct mate it was Max King with a classic hip drop and he was charged, but Smith was the tackler above and added extra force to fold Blake over. He obviously can't be charged for that. What i remember of the game and watching the replay of the early stages was that Lawrie and Smith had had a couple of altercations during the game and even when Blake tried to get up after the tackle, Smith shoves him...

I think Smith knew what he was "trying" to do to Lawrie's leg...

remote.jpg

6138c444ecd9c1b69c361f6126764007b7f80b70.jpg

While I'm throwing in pictures I thought I'd end on a positive note...

Sullivan2 (2).jpg

Junior1.jpg

Last edited:

BIG RIG

Juniors
You are 100% correct mate it was Max King with a classic hip drop and he was charged, but Smith was the tackler above and added extra force to fold Blake over. He obviously can't be charged for that. What i remember of the game and watching the replay of the early stages was that Lawrie and Smith had had a couple of altercations during the game and even when Blake tried to get up after the tackle, Smith shoves him...

I think Smith knew what he was "trying" to do to Lawrie's leg...

View attachment 56270

View attachment 56272

While I'm throwing in pictures I thought I'd end on a positive note...

View attachment 56273

View attachment 56274
I was there live for that game - I honestly thought Lawrie broke his leg - cheers for the pics 👌👌