What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Avenger

Immortal
Rein is training the house down as is Hands. Rein in particular is showing what a 200 plus game NRL veteran can still do at dummy half. His speed off the mark is still better than all our hookers and is softening the blow of our departing hooker. Hope the turncoat leaves sooner rather than later.

gaffer

Juniors
we really haven't had someone to really hate on since jamie the turncoat and to make it so much worse it's the scumdogs

eels_fan

First Grade
Kieran Foran is probably the more recent one for my point of view gee he took the club for a ride.
i dont hate on Foran. He had some pretty heavy shit going on off the field, of his own cause of course, but i dont think he intended to sabotage his stay with us.

If we had got a 100% primed and functional Foran all these years i reckon we'd have won a comp. He'll always be the biggest "what if" for mine.

King-Gutho94

Coach
i dont hate on Foran. He had some pretty heavy shit going on off the field, of his own cause of course, but i dont think he intended to sabotage his stay with us.

If we had got a 100% primed and functional Foran all these years i reckon we'd have won a comp. He'll always be the biggest "what if" for mine.
Possibly but foran's stints at warriors and dogs make me feel he was a decent player in a strong system at manly even with injuries. But not good enough to lead a team on his own.

And i still cant fathom that we would have won a comp with corey norman at 6.

That manly squad between 2007-2014 is very under rated i feel it doesn't get talked about often about teams in the last 20 years. The stewart brothers especially were better players then what they were given credit for i reckon. I feel looking back Foran wasnt carried but more complimented that team with the players that were around him.

BA has proven he will stick up for his players and he did originally with Foran but it obivously became too hard very quickly probably down to forans lack of respect for the position he was in as captain and marquee signing even with all the dramas he had going on.

Basil Brush

Juniors

I don't post much on here, but I personally know why he signed for us, and it wasn't that he wanted to play for us.

As a hint, it equates to what his biggest off field issues were at the time.

I think most people know what I am talking about, and I don't want this forum to suffer from ligitation issues, so I prob can't go further.

If mods don't mind me divulging, I will.

hindy111

Post Whore
Possibly but foran's stints at warriors and dogs make me feel he was a decent player in a strong system at manly even with injuries. But not good enough to lead a team on his own.

And i still cant fathom that we would have won a comp with corey norman at 6.

That manly squad between 2007-2014 is very under rated i feel it doesn't get talked about often about teams in the last 20 years. The stewart brothers especially were better players then what they were given credit for i reckon. I feel looking back Foran wasnt carried but more complimented that team with the players that were around him.

BA has proven he will stick up for his players and he did originally with Foran but it obivously became too hard very quickly probably down to forans lack of respect for the position he was in as captain and marquee signing even with all the dramas he had going on.

100% We all gloated you guys are stuck with DCE and we got the better half. False. DCE is amd was far superior. Forans stats for TAs and LBAs where never great. He played with some stars including Lyon who was almost a 5/8.
Foran was a solid half in a great system. This is what I am trying to explain to people on here in regards to players we've lost or the Storm.
It isn't rocket science. Average players looks far better in a good side.

TheRam

Coach
Rein is training the house down as is Hands. Rein in particular is showing what a 200 plus game NRL veteran can still do at dummy half. His speed off the mark is still better than all our hookers and is softening the blow of our departing hooker. Hope the turncoat leaves sooner rather than later.

If people remember back when Rein first debuted at the Dragons he was something special in attack and creativity and even spoken about being a representative player of the future. Then after a couple of seasons of grind and injuries he lost his mojo for a while and was up and down for a large chunk of his career. Now though he has found some consistent form and is a decent dummy half without setting the world on fire. But with our consistently powerful go forward pack I think he will shine even more so when he gets his chance. Lets hope we have a decent run with injuries though.