What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Sorry mate IMO he hasn't got a "blinder "left in him. Perhaps one or two games to get back into SOO but his body cannot sustain it for a full season. Glad to be shown wrong.
Agree; he played pretty well in 2020 imo. I don’t think it’s anything to do with motivation, as I think he has a dig most weeks. Body dictates that effectiveness over 26 rounds. Put structure and class around him he’ll be effective; killed it in Origin. Just think we should think more on how to maximise that effectiveness over 26 rounds. He’d be on my bench after round 13 and believe he’d still have a great impact.

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Agree; he played pretty well in 2020 imo. I don’t think anything to do with motivation as I think he has a dig most weeks. Body dictates that effectiveness over 26 rounds. Put structure and class around him he’ll be effective; killed it in Origin. Just think we should think more on how to maximise that effectiveness over 26 rounds. He’d be on my bench after round 13 and believe he’d still have a great impact.
I actually would start Sims from the bench. If Bird is moving to lock and JDB now part of the prop rotation, i'd actually start BB at left edge. More upside imo.
Tariq has become a toiler and for bursts of 20 mins or so would prove more effective amd impactful from the bench.

With some creativity in the halves we need agile edges to compliment them. Sua, Lomax, Rava on the right and Ramsey, Suli, Burns on the left gives us that.

Trifili13

Juniors
This signing of players for 2 seasons in advance is dangerous in terms of the player losing form or injury, having to get rid of players under contract as you have exceeded your salary cap (I suspect is what is happening at the Dogs) or the new clubs agitating the player to seek an early release. The NRL has to stamp it out quick as becoming a joke.

blacksafake

First Grade
I actually would start Sims from the bench. If Bird is moving to lock and JDB now part of the prop rotation, i'd actually start BB at left edge. More upside imo.
Tariq has become a toiler and for bursts of 20 mins or so would prove more effective amd impactful from the bench.

With some creativity in the halves we need agile edges to compliment them. Sua, Lomax, Rava on the right and Ramsey, Suli, Burns on the left gives us that.
Totally agree

possm

Coach
Sorry mate IMO he hasn't got a "blinder "left in him. Perhaps one or two games to get back into SOO but his body cannot sustain it for a full season. Glad to be shown wrong.
We have good depth in the back row so, if he needs a rest there are plenty in line to take his place. It is just that I would rather have him for season 2022 than not. There are no more good back-row forwards on the market right now.

possm

Coach
If after a few rounds Sims is injured, out of form, or just tired then there are plenty of options:
11. De Belin or Burns, or Mcquire
12. Su'A
13. Bird or Fui

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
I still think we will see Sims leave part way thru the season
free up $300k plus
JDB for me is our lock to start a game in defence and maybe Birdy gets a bit more in the middle in attack

we have so much depth in the backrow and front row

Lindsay Moss

Juniors
We have good depth in the back row so, if he needs a rest there are plenty in line to take his place. It is just that I would rather have him for season 2022 than not. There are no more good back-row forwards on the market right now.
Also he performed well in state of origin in a good team he will have a much better team around him next year i think he will do alright.

Gareth67

First Grade
Notice that the sad sob stories ( courtesy of FoxSport and the Sunday Tele. ) are beginning for the Storm’s Cameron Munster .

The poor sod has had an extremely tough time throughout his playing career with his alcohol abuse and large wagers on the horses .

My heart goes out to him , it’s apparent that the man has had a hard life . 😢

Last edited:

jak

Bench
Notice that the sad sob stories ( courtesy of FoxSport and the Sunday Tele. ) are beginning for the Storm’s Cameron Munster .

The poor sod has had an extremely tough time throughout his playing career with his alcohol abuse and large wagers on the horses .

you old softie you

OneEyedDragon

Juniors

Yeah, right. Munster is an arrogant grub of the highest order, but can play a bit. Typical Storm player. I'm not a fan.

Gareth67

First Grade
you old softie you

Yeh I suppose I am jak . It’s just that it reminds me of the days of when a man worked hard and may have had a spare couple of bob to splash out on a bet on the horses .

Of course the TABS were not around in those years so a chap would see the bookie in the local pub - I went to a very honest chap by the name of Horace Fairbet who would always give good odds .

Trouble was I seem to back all the nags constantly - damn shame that our local had no door on the loo otherwise I could had taken out my frustration on the bluudy thing the same as our friend in Melbourne did . 😳

Last edited:

jak

Bench
Yeh I suppose I am jak . It’s just that it reminds me of the days of when a man worked hard and may have had a spare couple of bob to splash out on a bet on the horses .

Of course the TABS were not around in those years so a chap would see the bookie in the local pub - a very honest chap by the name of Horace Fairbet who would always give good odds .

Trouble was I seem to back all the nags constantly - damn shame that our local had no door on the loo otherwise I could had taken out my frustration on the bluudy thing the same as our friend in Melbourne did . 😳
Horace Fairbet,i used to bet with him,in fact i paid for his house

Gareth67

First Grade
Jack Goziewski seems to be the forgotten man in all the backrow discussions. The guy just needs some time on the field...can play.
Must confess that I had forgotten about the man , supposedly has good defensive skills so he will become an asset at some stage of the season .

Perhaps Griffin is taking a leaf out of Wayne Bennett’s book by having players that will do the job that is required of them . Players that can also play in a number of positions , they don’t need to be stars , only committed to the task that they have been given .

Bennett done just that at the Dragons , the big names of the competition didn’t want to know him , so he signed players that he knew would get the job done - no frills and by so doing he created a team that had tremendous defensive capabilities and a even stronger bond with one another .

This is Griffin’s opportunity to show his true worth with his team of misfits and outcasts , should he be able to get them to play for one another , then the Dragons will surprise many a critic in season 2022 .

Last edited:

Latest posts