What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyrell Sloan

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
His weight in Wikipedia is 84kg and now he is 88kg and he wants to put on a further 2kg to get to 90kg. Unless this is pure muscle, he might slow down a bit. Jayden Campbell of the Titans is only 80kg and he gets around quite good in both attack and defence. The Warriors' Reece Walsh is 88kg and gets around really well.

I'm thinking that at 90kg, Tyrell will feel much better in himself to withstand the rigours of being a full-time fullback. I read that Hook wants him doing much more in defence so that weight gain will help him.
I definitely think our new coaching staff know what they're doing, the last thing they'd want to do is get rid of Sloan's beautiful running style. Hook blooded these juniors because he saw potential or special talent, which I doubt he'd want to get rid of. Mary wanted everyone to be built like foot soldiers due to his 'power play' which stunted after like 6 games every season. Sloan's weight gain is very good, especially with his height he didn't get ragdolled too much last season. Him, Campbell and Walsh are going to be some of the best fullbacks no doubt

hewi

Bench
I definitely think our new coaching staff know what they're doing, the last thing they'd want to do is get rid of Sloan's beautiful running style. Hook blooded these juniors because he saw potential or special talent, which I doubt he'd want to get rid of. Mary wanted everyone to be built like foot soldiers due to his 'power play' which stunted after like 6 games every season. Sloan's weight gain is very good, especially with his height he didn't get ragdolled too much last season. Him, Campbell and Walsh are going to be some of the best fullbacks no doubt

And better than Dufty

possm

Coach
I'd like to see our back 5 take on the opposition and at least make room for their teammates when it is clear they need to off-load. No more running diagonally towards the sideline leaving no room at all for their support players.

I suppose it all starts with the forwards creating a platform and the halves running direct.

denis preston

First Grade
Sloan will become a more complete fullback - similar to the mould I say of Graeme Langlands but not a goal kicker. He has indeed have a smooth running style and can be quite evasive when given the chance. I loved Dufty in attack but so disappointed with him in defence.
iMO more like David Peachy the way he glides and doesn’t look as fast as he really is

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
iMO more like David Peachy the way he glides and doesn’t look as fast as he really is
Agree about Sloan being like Peachey- my old brain may be getting a little foggy but my recollection of Langlands and Gasnier when they were playing together in the early to mid 60s was that Gasnier relied on acceleration but had had more of the Peachey glide and swerve- Frank Hyde described Gasnier's running style as like watching a bird in flight. Chang's side step was extraordinary and left players grasping at air but his running style was jerky- not smooth. Both extraordinary players but very different to watch.

jak

Bench
Agree about Sloan being like Peachey- my old brain may be getting a little foggy but my recollection of Langlands and Gasnier when they were playing together in the early to mid 60s was that Gasnier relied on acceleration but had had more of the Peachey glide and swerve- Frank Hyde described Gasnier's running style as like watching a bird in flight. Chang's side step was extraordinary and left players grasping at air but his running style was jerky- not smooth. Both extraordinary players but very different to watch.
teddy goodwin was the smooth mover.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Sloan has the game at his feet.

A serious talent, high work ethics and a great attitude.

I would be very surprised Sloan vs Dufty was not the right call.

Dufty may start well in 2022 and looking at the digs halves he may need to be the play maker from FB.

Sloan by game 8 onwards could be equal in impact ......

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Before he got fat and when he wanted to. Great bloke but used to go "missing "in games. Very enigmatic type of player.
Teddy had talent to burn - maybe too much talent as he didn't appear to have to work very hard to do amazing things on the field. Since it all seemed very easy for him might explain why he did tend to drift in and out of games. Still, I loved watching him play.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Teddy had talent to burn - maybe too much talent as he didn't appear to have to work very hard to do amazing things on the field. Since it all seemed very easy for him might explain why he did tend to drift in and out of games. Still, I loved watching him play.
Yeh, me too; one of the best solo try I’ve seen was Teddy’s in the Major Preliminary Semi Final against Manly in 1975 ; imo slightly more spectacular than his wonderful’77 GF try. When he was on…..great entertainment!

Latest posts