What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

dogslife

Coach
Dreaming if you think the dogs aren't putting in at least 150k pa. 500k was a our limit when he left and the cap has lowered since then due to covid. 200k pa is probably closer to the mark.
I reckon that's about right. Sounds silly on paper, but if it means we can land a Reed Mahoney a year early im all for it. Could also be used to front load Kyle Flanagan to have him off the books by seasons end.

I don't understand where all this talk of us being under cap pressure comes from. I don't think we've signed anyone since we offloaded dumb as dogshit Adam Elliott, and although he wouldn't have been on top dollar, John Asiata hasn't been replaced either

Tiger5150

Bench
There is no pay cut in this for Cotric. His 650k deal for the next two years is LOCKED in. You've got rocks in your head if you think he's leaving a cent of that deal on the table.
His 650k is getting paid by someone. He and agent dont care how that's split up between the two clubs. That's cap business, but his 650k is locked in.

Agreed...thats the whole point. Then it gets down to which club is prepared to pay the difference between $650k and whatever Dogs are prepared to pay (or more). Canberra were that club, Tigers were not.
So now it's tigers or the raiders. But even if the Tigers were offering 500k vs 400k (and yes we're just making the figures up here), if Nic Cotric doesnt want to play there, they're out. It's over. The dogs can't do a deal with them. The Tigers could offer 500k, or 600k or even 650k... it doesnt matter. If Cotric doesnt agree to the move, it's can't get done and media reports suggest he made it clear he didn't want to play for the tigers. So if that's correct, the tigers are simply not even a part of the equation anymore. They're a non factor.

Cool story, but Cotric was prepared to go there, in the end it was the $$$

nick87

Coach
Agreed...thats the whole point. Then it gets down to which club is prepared to pay the difference between $650k and whatever Dogs are prepared to pay (or more). Canberra were that club, Tigers were not.

Cool story, but Cotric was prepared to go there, in the end it was the $$$

No, it then gets down to which club Nick Cotric wants play for. If he favoured the Tigers over the Raiders, that's where he'd be. As reported by David Riccio

“There was some interest from the Tigers about Cotric, but he believes heading back to Canberra where he made his debut is where he can play his best football again.”

He's in Canberra because that's where he wanted to go, the tigers were interested and he wasn't. Which isn't surprising, he had great success here and he's a local Canberra kid. Dont think it's much of a slight on the Tigers. Im sure if the Raiders didnt get involved he'd have probably gone there, but his preference was the Raiders, and so here he is. But the money has nothing to do that, Tigers or Raiders, he's getting 650k either way. And he's certainly not going to be making career decisions based on which football team can provide the best deal for the bulldogs to limit freight because, frankly, why would he give a shit about the salary cap situation of the club offloading him?

Last edited:

Panther79

Juniors
No, it then gets down to which club Nick Cotric wants play for. If he favoured the Tigers over the Raiders, that's where he'd be. As reported by David Riccio

“There was some interest from the Tigers about Cotric, but he believes heading back to Canberra where he made his debut is where he can play his best football again.”

He's in Canberra because that's where he wanted to go, the tigers were interested and he wasn't. Which isn't surprising, he had great success here and he's a local Canberra kid. Dont think it's much of a slight on the Tigers. Im sure if the Raiders didnt get involved he'd have probably gone there, but his preference was the Raiders, and so here he is. But the money has nothing to do that, Tigers or Raiders, he's getting 650k either way. And he's certainly not going to be making career decisions based on which football team can provide the best deal for the bulldogs to limit freight because, frankly, why would he give a shit about the salary cap situation of the club offloading him?
either way, massive win for him, gets to go back where he probably wanted to stay all along, and on his bumper dogs salary, well played.

Someone2

Juniors
Great to see some loyalty he has always been my favourite current player I was pissed when he went to the raiders cause I always knew he would become the best prop in the game .

dog fans been blowing their loads over in the kennel for months thinking he was a done deal than he re-signs with us for less cause he wants to win a premiership.

Last edited:

Someone2

Juniors
Shame Reed couldn’t see what Paulo Does.
dogs Might have spent big in the market but they’ll be lucky to make the finals once in the 4yrs he is there especially with a shit coach like Barrett he will be sacked mid 2023 (gets a free pass 2022 because of signings )

Burton will only stick around for 2yrs than either go to dolphins or return to Penrith as a center/lock

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Great to see some loyalty he has always been my favourite current player I was pissed when he went to the raiders cause I always knew he would become the best prop in the game .

dog fans been blowing their loads over in the kennel for months thinking he was a done deal than he re-signs with us for less cause he wants to win a premiership.
Lol…. Better chance of a premiership at the Dogs than the Eels…. But f**k all chance at either tbh

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
dogs Might have spent big in the market but they’ll be lucky to make the finals once in the 4yrs he is there especially with a shit coach like Barrett he will be sacked mid 2023 (gets a free pass 2022 because of signings )

Burton will only stick around for 2yrs than either go to dolphins or return to Penrith as a center/lock
Losing Mahoney was the only way they were able to pay overs for Paulo shit for brains.

simmo05

Bench

Reed could see plenty at parra, hence why he f**ked off. Along will all the other rats fleeing the sinking ship

I Bleed Maroon

Referee

If this is the best the Dolphins can do, signing Isaako and talking him up as a "point scoring machine".....JFC they are in dire need of some Storm/Rorters like tongue on balls from the NRL in order to be successful in the short term. If they were banking on Bennett drawing the big names, they have yet to be satisfied.

The Rosco

Bench

. . . What level of useless, fat, washed up trash would he have been if he signed somewhere else ?
#therhynoprinciple
edit: I just saw your last sentence rhyno. The one about re-signing with Parra so he can win a Premiership.
Mate, it's Christmas. A time of compassion, warmth and empathy. I'll just let that slide through to the keeper.

Last edited:

Colk

First Grade

If this is the best the Dolphins can do, signing Isaako and talking him up as a "point scoring machine".....JFC they are in dire need of some Storm/Rorters like tongue on balls from the NRL in order to be successful in the short term. If they were banking on Bennett drawing the big names, they have yet to be satisfied.

Well they would most prefer a Roosters style satisfaction

blaza88z

Coach
Isaako is one of the blokes at our club where the player manager did an outstanding job and took the club for a ride under the old management.

I reckon he would be a good winger but they paid him something like 500k a season and to try and get value out of him they gave him the fullback jersey however this guy has a tendency to make really bad errors at really bad times. The one in the Dragons game will go down as one of the all time greats. 15 seconds to go, Dragons go for the hail mary kick off the scrum, the only way they score is if the fullback doesn't make a play, guess what the fullback didn't do? Sadly this is just one of many errors in his game, probably the worst though from a game awareness perspective.

Vee

First Grade
Isaac has a highlight reel, his ceiling is higher than most. Sure, he's showed plenty of downtimes as well, some bordering on horrific, but the Fins would have got him for the right price and who here rates themselves a better judge than Bennett?

Like everyone, I'm doubtful but I'm also prepared to wait and see.

Latest posts