What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

epDragon62

First Grade
G67, I thought you were a 67 baby and was about to call you a spring chicken...

Keep that exercise up and do the smart thing regarding vaccination; hopefully, we won't have to wait too long for another premiership and you'll be cheering your lungs out (figuratively, of course)...

ALSGI

Bench
Very glad to hear that both you and your wife are overcoming the virus ALSGI and that the vaccinations and booster shots are doing their job . My age would be just about on par with your own as I was 67 back in 2016 when I first joined the forum.
Hey Gareth, I also thought you were a 67born mate, which is why I thought I was a few years older.

Gareth67

First Grade
G67, I thought you were a 67 baby and was about to call you a spring chicken...

Keep that exercise up and do the smart thing regarding vaccination; hopefully, we won't have to wait too long for another premiership and you'll be cheering your lungs out (figuratively, of course)...

No quite a few years before then , in fact many . As far as exercising is concerned I always have work to do on the property - including keeping the snakes away from the house .

We had one of the little blighters sitting on the track of the wire screen door the other night - and that was upstairs.

But back to the vaccinations I fear that we shall be having them for quite some time to come .

Dragon David

First Grade
No quite a few years before then , in fact many . As far as exercising is concerned I always have work to do on the property - including keeping the snakes away from the house .

We had one of the little blighters sitting on the track of the wire screen door the other night - and that was upstairs.

But back to the vaccinations I fear that we shall be having them for quite some time to come .
You should put up a few ladders around your house Gareth so that you can play snakes and ladders. Bluudy hell, the blighters upstairs scaring the wits of the family, hissing away at you.

Covid vaccinations will be like having the flu vaccinations every year. The cost of all this is costing the world trillions and the Pharmaceutical companies and labs are "killing" it so to speak in terms of their bank balances.

Looking at all of the people in the suburbs, regions, etc. Weird to see most are wearing masks as if they are on a Contagion movie set.

Hopefully soon this rumour thread will come to life with NRL stuff. The cricket will be over soon and we will just have a few weeks to go for some meaty nospam09.

slippery5

Juniors
Unless the world’s scientists find a vaccine that - totally - destroys the virus , then I fear that every country will eventually have its own strain of Covid . From there each state and possibly even region .

Of course that is merely my view , but it seems to me that we are constantly emptying the boat of water instead of repairing the leak . Only the co-operation of all world health bodies , will a solution be found .
The world didn't have any scientist who found a Vaccine for the Spanish Flu in 1920 that killed estimated at least "50 Million" people world wide, it just fizzled out with less a variants, not unlike we are getting now with Omicron.

Gareth67

First Grade
A new strain has now been found on the island of Crete .

It is composed of both the Delta strain and the Omicron variant . The two combined have the potential to cause absolute havoc on the world’s population .

Gareth67

First Grade
You should put up a few ladders around your house Gareth so that you can play snakes and ladders. Bluudy hell, the blighters upstairs scaring the wits of the family, hissing away at you.

Covid vaccinations will be like having the flu vaccinations every year. The cost of all this is costing the world trillions and the Pharmaceutical companies and labs are "killing" it so to speak in terms of their bank balances.

Looking at all of the people in the suburbs, regions, etc. Weird to see most are wearing masks as if they are on a Contagion movie set.

Hopefully soon this rumour thread will come to life with NRL stuff. The cricket will be over soon and we will just have a few weeks to go for some meaty nospam09.
☺️ Yes Snakes and Ladders , do you recall Ludo or perhaps the old Macano sets , they would occupy our minds for hours back in the 50’s .

Dragon David

First Grade
☺️ Yes Snakes and Ladders , do you recall Ludo or perhaps the old Macano sets , they would occupy our minds for hours back in the 50’s .
Great game was Ludo as well as snakes and ladders. Wished that mum and dad got us kids a meccano set to build things - too expensive at the time when we were kids. The good old stories on the radio when there was no TV and of course the comic books that were read in the loo mostly. Listening to the league on the radio was great especially from '56 - '66 and going to the games as a kid. No dramas with Covid then.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
A new strain has now been found on the island of Crete .

It is composed of both the Delta strain and the Omicron variant . The two combined have the potential to cause absolute havoc on the world’s population .
You mean Cyprus

jak

Bench

love your work dave, but with gareth the ladders would only confuse the ol fela

The Delatacron seems to be a lab accident where the 2 variants were accidentally mixed together whilst being studied. I believe this doesn't actually exist to be spreading amongst the population, it is just a mix up in a Petrie dish. I hope I am right.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Unless the world’s scientists find a vaccine that - totally - destroys the virus , then I fear that every country will eventually have its own strain of Covid . From there each state and possibly even region .

Of course that is merely my view , but it seems to me that we are constantly emptying the boat of water instead of repairing the leak . Only the co-operation of all world health bodies , will a solution be found .
I don't think there's a vaccine in existence that totally destroys a virus. The efficacy rates for the covid vaccines is around 90% which is very high. The flu shot (for example) is around 58%.

Latest posts