What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

ReddFelon

Juniors
It's obvious you've got a chip on your shoulder because the NRL is the larger, richer more prestigious competition.

Whether it be attendances, TV ratings or broadcast deals, the NRL comes out on top as the world's premier club "rugby" competition. You're entitled to love onionball and prefer it over RL. Just don't come on here and tell us that a few small, obscure onionball competitions that receive less money from broadcast rights, draw fewer people through the gates and only rate half as well on TV as the NRL does are some how bigger and more prestigious.

You can ridicule the NRL for not being the largest sporting competition in Australia, but that just shows you're a bitter wanker and need to look at your own game. The RFU Premiership isn't popular at all in England and trails the English Super League in TV ratings, EPL and probably a few other competitions. Super Rugby NZ is a small shit competition that has to pair itself with the almost broke Super Rugby Australia to field a competition that is still smaller and worth less than the NRL. The French competition ain't worth shit and no one outside of the south of France could give a stuff about it.

Don't delude yourself into thinking onionball is a global sport. It ain't. Its popularity is confined to New Zealand, Wales, 4 million whites in South Africa, a few pockets in Argentina, small South Pacific nations, Sri Lanka, Madagascar, Geogia, the south of France and snobs from the south of England. Throughout the rest of the world it is a minority sport. There's a funny scene in the Iron First where one of the rich kids said he was forced to play "rugby" at college, even though no one cares about the game. Sums up onionball well.

I was right about you being an onionball troll.

The NRL website lists the broadcast options for our game around the world. It's available around much of the world on Pay TV and FTA in the South Pacific. Sky Sports UK, ESPN, BeIN Sports and Fox Sports are the main carriers in most markets. It's not hidden away on an obscure streaming service like STAN Sport.

Lel, "chip on my shoulder" precedes to write the most long winded cope rant ever. Also never addressed the Heineken Cup because that was my original point.

Also damn Paris, that stupid small pocket of the "South" of France...

272076703_1260116244482974_4318505594126211510_n.jpg

T-Boon

Coach
No. It's more a reflection that the new stadium is due to open, at the earliest, in the last round of the NRL regular season, whereas Sydney FC will be playing their next full season there.

Secondly the Roosters website has had a load of stuff on the new stadium.

Thanks for playing.
Putting stuff on your website is hardly promotion. That is doing the bare minimum which I concede the NRL clubs do.

Lel, "chip on my shoulder" precedes to write the most long winded cope rant ever. Also never addressed the Heineken Cup because that was my original point.

What's the salary cap for the Heineken Cup?

What is its broadcast deal with?

What are its TV ratings like?

How many people attend its games?

You've been proven wrong about everything else, and emphatically so too.

What's the salary cap for the Heineken Cup?

What is its broadcast deal with?

What's its TV ratings like?

How many people attend its games?

You've been proven wrong about everything else, and emphatically so too

EDIT

The 2018 deal for the Heineken Cup, shared between Sky Sport and BT Sport was worth a lousy £23.4 million a year. That's about $47m Australian. To put things into perspective, the A-League and Socceroos matches are worth $40m Australian per year. The current NRL deal is worth more than $400m Australian per year. The dickhead I'm arguing with wants us to believe this shit onionball competition is more prestigious than the NRL.

It begs the question: If Heineken Cup is more prestigious, why is it worth ten times less than the NRL?

Last edited:
Putting stuff on your website is hardly promotion. That is doing the bare minimum which I concede the NRL clubs do.

Oh yes, because its the job of an NRL club to promote a stadium 🙄 Give yourself a a medal for dumb ass thinking.

p.s. Sydney FC put up one article on its website about a new, Government owned stadium, and it is out promoting the stadium more than anyone else? 🤣

Valheru

Coach
WTF do you think the club should be doing at the moment? They are hopeful the stadium will open in time for our last regular season game against souths but it is not guaranteed. If/when that is confirmed you will see a tonne of promotion.

In the meantime the club has other priorities.

T-Boon

Coach
WTF do you think the club should be doing at the moment?

At a minimum they should be doing the things that FC are doing.
Additionally they should be doing everything rather than nothing.
I'd be getting the Roosters brand and players at every photo shoot.
They should have a week were they pretend they are the Swans. Call it "what would the Swans do week" or "How would the Swans market themselves in this situation week".
Orchestrate a fight in the media about what the names of the stadiums should be. Like insist one of the stands be called the Brad Fittler stand and then have some other mob saying no Brad Fittler was from the Western Suburbs and then have them argue like Fenech and Mundine did for 3 years before the Danny Green fight.
Get creative.

T-Boon

Coach

Yeah short term things. The clubs cant see beyond the next pay cheque.
Nothing to do with actual growth. Same as every NRL club. This is why I say the NRL should be in total control of things like membership.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Oh yes, because its the job of an NRL club to promote a stadium 🙄 Give yourself a a medal for dumb ass thinking.

p.s. Sydney FC put up one article on its website about a new, Government owned stadium, and it is out promoting the stadium more than anyone else? 🤣
It’s not one article, it’s the full website!

Perth Red

Post Whore
WTF do you think the club should be doing at the moment? They are hopeful the stadium will open in time for our last regular season game against souths but it is not guaranteed. If/when that is confirmed you will see a tonne of promotion.

What they should be doing using the excitement and hype of a new stadium to drive memberships like fc are doing. Even if they only play one game this season they should still be using this once in a generation opportunity. Get creative about how they can drive memberships this year by using the stadium in 23. Ie get a full adult 22 membership and you will get a free kids membership for 23 when we move into the stadium, or buy a 22 membership and have first pick of seats for 23, or buy a 22 membership and get a free mates pass for our last game of the season at the new stadium or any one of a hundred different marketing opportunities!
Most Nrl clubs are either clueless or lazy, it’s hard to know which.

At a minimum they should be doing the things that FC are doing.
Additionally they should be doing everything rather than nothing.
I'd be getting the Roosters brand and players at every photo shoot.
They should have a week were they pretend they are the Swans. Call it "what would the Swans do week" or "How would the Swans market themselves in this situation week".
Orchestrate a fight in the media about what the names of the stadiums should be. Like insist one of the stands be called the Brad Fittler stand and then have some other mob saying no Brad Fittler was from the Western Suburbs and then have them argue like Fenech and Mundine did for 3 years before the Danny Green fight.
Get creative.

Sorry but this is not "boxing" and there is no need for the Roosters to generate any hype for a stadium they may get to use once in 2022. To borroiw a line "with no bucks, there is no buck rogers" and when you consider the financial problems all NRL clubs have had due to COVID, hyping a stadium that they may not get to exploit in 2022 for any great period would be completely stupid. NRL clubs don't have hundreds of employees to start with, so they have to put its resources where it is financially wise.

Only people/entities struggling for relevancy (e.g. GWS Giants) do the sort of crap you are suggesting. Also Mundine is about as relevant to this conversation as Joe Biden is - not at all.

When is the terrace on the eastern side of Brooky getting a grandstand?

Manly's home games will be so much better to watch when it looks like they're playing at a stadium and not a refuse site.

Wollongong also needs to put a grandstand on its eastern terrace. It's not 1959. We need these park football clubs to pull their weight and stop devaluing the game's reputation.

T-Boon

Coach
Sorry but this is not "boxing" and there is no need for the Roosters to generate any hype for a stadium they may get to use once in 2022. To borroiw a line "with no bucks, there is no buck rogers" and when you consider the financial problems all NRL clubs have had due to COVID, hyping a stadium that they may not get to exploit in 2022 for any great period would be completely stupid. NRL clubs don't have hundreds of employees to start with, so they have to put its resources where it is financially wise.

Only people/entities struggling for relevancy (e.g. GWS Giants) do the sort of crap you are suggesting. Also Mundine is about as relevant to this conversation as Joe Biden is - not at all.
It is fair to say you and I are in complete disagreement on this and your philosophy is the one the NRL clubs go with.

Latest posts