What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Suitman

Post Whore
Anyway, I visited the Entertainment Quarter today at Moore Park, and did a quick walk up to the new SFS and took a few photos.
I'll post some pics later, but only if the ridiculously low file sizes on this website allow me to.

The sand does not stop at the back of the beach.
3, 4 even 5 blocks back from the beach is sand.
Those buildings aren't actually built on this sand but on bored piers or mechanically driven piles that reach down to a more solid substrate like rock.

The tallest building in the world - Burj Khalifa - in Dubai, is built on sand and guess what? That sand was imported from..........Australia.

Everton FC are leaving Goodison Park and building a new stadium on what was, just 6 months ago, the water filled Bramley-Moore Dock just like the one on the right in the pic below - right beside the River Mersey. They pumped the dock dry and filled it with guess what? Oh, that's right - sand. They will pile down to a solid substrate for the 53000 seat stadium to sit on - the same size stadium as Suncorp.

View attachment 57503

Watch the 1st 2 minutes of this video and look at the shite that was on the bottom of the pumped out dock - BEFORE it was filled with sand. Actually, watch it all. You might learn something.

Fulham have just built a new stand over a part of the River Thames. They bought 9 metres of the River for the expansion.

View attachment 57504

Watch this video for progress. It's a few months old but I chose this video as the best indication of what can be done on a difficult water-filled construction site.

Also, you do realise that the northern stand at WIN Stadium already extends around to the eastern side, and is 2 tiered?

View attachment 57507

A new Eastern stand would NOT be built on the beach, like you suggest.
It would/COULD be built on solid ground, despite the fact beneath this hill and beyond, there would probably be some sand.

I've been really patient with you and your constant denials that a stand couldn't be built on the eastern side of WIN Stadium.
Until you come up with some irrefutable proof that it can't, I'll stand by my evidence that it can.
nice pics
they mean nothing , its not the sand either , do you understand beach tides & tidal surges
obviously not.

theres a reason why theres been no stand built on that eastern side in 40 years but stands have been built everywhere else at that venue , guess why that is
anyway ,
when we're both ready to breath our last ( later rather then sooner lol ) & theres still no eastern grandstand at WIN, I guess you'll work it out then.

Suitman

Post Whore
nice pics
they mean nothing , its not the sand either , do you understand beach tides & tidal surges
obviously not.

theres a reason why theres been no stand built on that eastern side in 40 years but stands have been built everywhere else at that venue , guess why that is
anyway ,
when we're both ready to breath our last ( later rather then sooner lol ) & theres still no eastern grandstand at WIN, I guess you'll work it out then.

So, still no proof why one can't be built.. Just hot air.
Please provide info about these tidal surges please?
Any links?
And yes, there is a reason why no stand has been built on that side.
$$$

Last edited:

ash the bash

Juniors
I'm guessing that ESFC are releasing season tickets in stages due to demand.
One must remember that the bottom tier of the new stadium is much smaller/shorter than the old Allianz.
I'm sure as demand increases, if it does (!), that more categories would be released in upper tiers.
I can't believe they have put family sections behind the southern end goals. That's just dumb, because that is normally where away fan tickets are sold. Previously, they have always allocated family sections to the corners somewhere.
Im pretty sure the middle tier on the western grandstand will be for the trust members. Middle tier on eastern grandstand is mostly corporate except for the sides and ends. So general public would be all of the bottom tier, ends and corners of middle tier and if demand determines it the top 2 tiers on eastern and western grandstands.

ash the bash

Juniors
Be interesting to see the capacity of each tier at the new SFS. I think the top tier capacity is 14,000, 7,000 each on the western and eastern grandstand.

Suitman

Post Whore
Be interesting to see the capacity of each tier at the new SFS. I think the top tier capacity is 14,000, 7,000 each on the western and eastern grandstand.

Yes, and these tiers will be publicly available. There's too many seats up there for them not to be.....except for Roosters games.
Just joking!

Suitman

Post Whore
Wonder where SCG Members are allocated?

Top deck as today

Or middle deck

I have no idea but I'd assume top deck again western side as per previous stadium layout.
The members wouldn't want to be sat anywhere else.

Perth Red

Post Whore
nice pics
obviously not.

anyway ,
theres already part of a stand built there idiot, there’s buildings closer to the beach than that a bit further up. You’re talking rubbish.

theres already part of a stand built there idiot, there’s buildings closer to the beach than that a bit further up. You’re talking rubbish.
I was wondering about that part of the northern stand that extends around to the eastern terrace. There must be plans to complete it at some stage as there's no point building it otherwise.

I found 10 stadia built on the waterfront.

Quidgybo

Bench
I was wondering about that part of the northern stand that extends around to the eastern terrace. There must be plans to complete it at some stage as there's no point building it otherwise.

That’s part of the legacy seating from the Olympic swimming venue. It ends where it does not because it’s following a master plan but because that’s all the usable sections they got handed down and it ran to slighting more than just the northern stand. A proper eastern stand would almost certainly see it go.

siv

First Grade

I found 10 stadia built on the waterfront.

Gosford wins hands down

Anchor in the marina and walk 100m to the match

I have heard its the best match day experiance ever

Latest posts