What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

Dragon David

First Grade
Sign Rueben up now. He has pace to burn and strong in running. We need a player who can run the length of the field and score tries. Hopefully his development deal changes into a full-time contract later - I think we still have one spot left after Sloan signed up.

SGMax

Juniors
Or Rav4 senior? He's 28

Wow, I thought he was early 20's...mainly due to the term development contract I suppose.
some interesting info here

in particular,
"In 2019, Mr Reuben was named Queensland’s Intrust Super Cup winger of the year, and has been on the fringes of NRL selection since."

Surprised he hasn't featured regularly already.
In the highlights, I am sure I spotted Nicho Hynes passing to him.

Looks a little less of a tank than Ravs but has speed to burn.
Good addition to the squad. Hope he makes it.

Last edited:

Tez

Juniors
Wow, I w thought he was early 20's...mainly due to the term development contract I suppose.

in particular,
"In 2019, Mr Reuben was named Queensland’s Intrust Super Cup winger of the year, and has been on the fringes of NRL selection since."

What we have lacked: speed and power out wide. He looks adept on either wing and is too good to not sign. Age is not on his side, however this means he woudn't keep the young guns out too long.

denis preston

First Grade
Wow, I w thought he was early 20's...mainly due to the term development contract I suppose.

in particular,

Covid has stuffed or put on hold many careers in the second tier comps. About his age , didn't Ferguson make his debut as a winger with Newtown at 27 plus ?

I’ve decided to go on the record and may press the Tigers to sign Hook up ASAP.

Pound for pound, given the lack of cattle and resources, i think he’s one of the best coaches in the NRL at the moment.

He won’t find too many changes dealing with a dumb board and flighty management. He will feel at home.

Last edited:

thebigredv

First Grade
Happy to trade you Hook for Papali...

I like Hook as a person and a footy thinker but he totally floundered last year with selection and motivation. Still deserved a year's grace but let's not sugar coat persisting with Corey Norman type calls.

This year will prove you right or wrong in your assessment of him. Feels a bit like Mary all over to me but I hope that's just my PTSD talking. We do have a more exciting squad this year.

thebigredv

First Grade
I’ve decided to go on the record and may press the Tigers to sign Hook up ASAP.

Pound for pound, given the lack of cattle and resources, i think he’s one of the best coaches in the NRL at the moment.

He won’t find too many changes dealing with a dumb board and flighty management. He will feel at home.

I like Hook as a person and a footy thinker but he totally floundered last year with selection and motivation of players albeit a pretty sour bunch of players. Still deserved a year's grace but let's not sugar coat persisting with Corey Norman type calls.

This year will prove you right or wrong in your assessment of him. Feels a bit like Mary all over to me but I hope that's just my PTSD talking. We do have a more exciting squad this year.

Crush

Coach

I like Hook as a person and a footy thinker but he totally floundered last year with selection and motivation of players albeit a pretty sour bunch of players. Still deserved a year's grace but let's not sugar coat persisting with Corey Norman type calls.

Good post, lets keep it real.
The off season is great for the soul but lets not forget the 10 losses in a row to finish the season, the autoselection of Norman and the players blatantly ignoring Hooks instructions not to have the BBQ.
2022 is a new year and I cannot wait for it but lets not pump up Hooks tyres at this stage, hes acheived nothing other than failure thus far.

denis preston

First Grade
Good post, lets keep it real.
The off season is great for the soul but lets not forget the 10 losses in a row to finish the season, the autoselection of Norman and the players blatantly ignoring Hooks instructions not to have the BBQ.
2022 is a new year and I cannot wait for it but lets not pump up Hooks tyres at this stage, hes acheived nothing other than failure thus far.
Can we at least give him some recruitment achievements?