What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

BLM01

First Grade
That is so damming. No Dragon could make the top 36 !!! For all the love for Lawrie on here by some this surely is proof of his ineffectiveness. Tries his guts out and runs with passion but as soon as he meets the defense it is as if he is hitting a brick wall. Hook has a challenge here of how to use him or change his game to help the team structure.
No Melbourne player either. What does that mean?

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
means we were stuck in our 20m doing 5m hit ups because the opposition new they could rush up and tight.

means we desperately need to have minimum equal field position in 2022

For me I super conscious of props look remarkably better when they can be doing hitups on their 30m line, 40m line and beyond. Easy metres due to the opposition not able to run up as fast and push us back into our goal line.

I am not that bullish on Lawrie but in a team with much better field position he could be good value off the bench and depth. We need props that are genuinely fighting for a SOO spot or a spot in their country squad.

possm

Coach
means we were stuck in our 20m doing 5m hit ups because the opposition new they could rush up and tight.

means we desperately need to have minimum equal field position in 2022

For me I super conscious of props look remarkably better when they can be doing hitups on their 30m line, 40m line and beyond. Easy metres due to the opposition not able to run up as fast and push us back into our goal line.

I am not that bullish on Lawrie but in a team with much better field position he could be good value off the bench and depth. We need props that are genuinely fighting for a SOO spot or a spot in their country squad.
Yes! Wouldn't be great if we had a team full of players who were all fighting for an SOO spot?

Dragon David

First Grade
We have got quantity in our new signings but need several of the buys to be of quality especially in defence. The Bulldogs also have bought a lot and they will provide a lot in attack. They might have defensive issues.

The Sharks will go ok and the Broncos will improve.

Hopefully we will be better overall than the other three.

getsmarty

Immortal
We have got quantity in our new signings but need several of the buys to be of quality especially in defence. The Bulldogs also have bought a lot and they will provide a lot in attack. They might have defensive issues.

The Sharks will go ok and the Broncos will improve.

Hopefully we will be better overall than the other three.

Wouldn't Sua/Molo/Woods/Suli be considered Quality ? All have plenty of upside....I think we have recruited well....Take into consideration the players we retained...Sullivan/Feagai twins etc...add to this the many other young guys who will also be coming through in a few years time.

Dragon David

First Grade
Wouldn't Sua/Molo/Woods/Suli be considered Quality ? All have plenty of upside....I think we have recruited well....Take into consideration the players we retained...Sullivan/Feagai twins etc...add to this the many other young guys who will also be coming through in a few years time.
Sorry getsmarty, the guys you mentioned are quality no doubt about that, they need to show us that as Dragons players now, they can deliver for us. We have quality in the young guys that is for sure.

Gippsy

Bench
I'm pretty happy with our recruitment. The obvious problem area was forwards which I believe we've fixed. We do need the young guns to step up, which I think they will, and I would like to see a good young hooker somewhere. But overall, much improved and I expect a good showing.

As for the reast of the article, Adam Reynolds won't save the Broncos on his own, and the Dogs still have an ordinary spine. Both of them will struggle again, IMO.

The Word

Juniors
I would say Sua and Molo look real quality and will be a big presence in our forward pack. Suli, I hope Griffin can get him playing consistently with high intensity. Woods, at this point in his career, can definitely give us some minutes, but I expect his job will be as much helping the younger guys as it is giving us real impact. In saying that he is a pro and a workhorse and his post-contact meters were better than anything we had last year.

For me the big upside will be Burgess. Everything I've read suggests his hip issues are well and truly behind him. If that's the case, he could be the difference.

SnowDragon

Juniors
Definitely agree with this analysis. Many are gambles, but seem calculated and inline with a balanced team. Su’a and Molo are the “star” recruitments

possm

Coach
I would say Sua and Molo look real quality and will be a big presence in our forward pack. Suli, I hope Griffin can get him playing consistently with high intensity. Woods, at this point in his career, can definitely give us some minutes, but I expect his job will be as much helping the younger guys as it is giving us real impact. In saying that he is a pro and a workhorse and his post-contact meters were better than anything we had last year.

For me the big upside will be Burgess. Everything I've read suggests his hip issues are well and truly behind him. If that's the case, he could be the difference.
I'd say Molo, Woods, and Burgess will be our top 3 props in 2022.

mickeylane

Bench
I'm pretty happy with our recruitment. The obvious problem area was forwards which I believe we've fixed. We do need the young guns to step up, which I think they will, and I would like to see a good young hooker somewhere. But overall, much improved and I expect a good showing.

As for the reast of the article, Adam Reynolds won't save the Broncos on his own, and the Dogs still have an ordinary spine. Both of them will struggle again, IMO.
the worst spine of the top 8 hopefuls is Newcastle Knights..FMD ...

qld redvee

Juniors
Im just hoping that all our new recruits play to their potential ( or better) Also looking forward to see how Michael ?Mogo goes on the train and trial along with our other hopefuls