What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Alice the Mascot lives a double life.

By day, she attends pet shows and competes for Lithgow Rodent of the year.

Pretty Ribbons in her hair. Claws done with pink nail Polish.

She is pretty good at the mouse wheel event, clocking up good times for the rpm female open.

Alice excels in the political questions. I heard her once submit that blowing up the world would secure a long and lasting peace. I agree.

But at night, the Lithgow folk, they take their giant rodents hunting for cats. It’s a serious business.

A typical tactic is that Alice will hide behind a corner. A cat will sniff her out and place a paw around the corner expecting to pounce on her.
Alice backs up carefully.

Pussy creeps forward expecting an easy kill turns around but is surprised when she comes face to face with Alice.

Many cats have died of fright at the unexpected size of animals they usually consider are prey.

It’s a bit of a shock to the system, understandably so.

Many environmentalists agree with it because it doesn’t involve explosives or Agent Orange people from Lithgow usually use to kill animals with, but I still think it’s cruel.

Last edited:
@Aliceinwonderland, the clown is calling you?

I don’t know who you are talking about.

@soc123_au and I, we had shares once in a giant rodenty thing for an event at the paceway. Wickeys Wonder he was called.

I sent Socky down to the stables with instructions to “juice him up” and when he came back Socky winked at me, gave me the thumbs up and whispered that he’d given young Wickey “450ml of Orchy”

When I asked him about the vial, he said he’d given it to stewards for safekeeping. But after the race, they gave it back to him.

Last edited:
Silver, do you ever have a nice thing to say about anything?

Yep, I’m a big fan of the Aussie battler and charity workers etc. Anyone who can’t eat properly etc, the forgotten folk. They are my heroes.

I might add that I think Susie Moroney is the greatest Australian Sportsperson of all time.

I work with a friend of her dads, so I’m going to try to meet her this year with my kids. Get a signed photo and hang it up in the kitchen.

It would be a great honour.

I want the Panthers to succeed in accordance with their natural values and pristine old school tradition. The current era lacks the threads of integrity and respect once afforded to you. It doesn’t feel right. For example, 2003 was triumph of good over evil coached by real gentleman. I still rate it as one of the most courageous gfs of all time. It was hell out there. Each tackle was a tsunami. Respect.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
It has been difficult over this off season to maintain any meaningful dialogue or conversations. It has probably been a little disappointing for us in terms of our retention, we were resigned to losing Burton and others but Api and Kiks leaving as well, next season probably caught some of us by surprise.

The junior reps start next week so something to look forward too and nor long thereafter our two trials.

I think we are in for a rather challenging season, perhaps one of transition, not saying we can’t do well, make the top four but it going to have it challenges as we move on from players who have been instrumental to our success in recent seasons.

Kilkenny

Coach
Yep, I’m a big fan of the Aussie battler and charity workers etc. Anyone who can’t eat properly etc, the forgotten folk. They are my heroes.

I might add that I think Susie Moroney is the greatest Australian Sportsperson of all time.

I work with a friend of her dads, so I’m going to try to meet her this year with my kids. Get a signed photo and hang it up in the kitchen.

It would be a great honour.

I want the Panthers to succeed in accordance with their natural values and pristine old school tradition. The current era lacks the threads of integrity and respect once afforded to you. It doesn’t feel right. For example, 2003 was triumph of good over evil coached by real gentleman. I still rate it as one of the most courageous gfs of all time. It was hell out there. Each tackle was a tsunami. Respect.
I think our club has been great for game this past two seasons, even longer.

You and others can use the Tyrone May saga against us, and that is fine, but the other rubbish around our so called arrogance was just media driven by the usual suspects. As I’ve said before there is a fine line between youthful exuberance and arrogance. I don’t think we did anything wrong to deserve the hate from the cancel culture mob and I think to win the GF against all the odds was an amazing achievement.

You and others can use the Tyrone May saga against us, and that is fine, but the other rubbish around our so called arrogance was just media driven by the usual suspects. As I’ve said before there is a fine line between youthful exuberance and arrogance. I don’t think we did anything wrong to deserve the hate from the cancel culture mob and I think to win the GF against all the odds was an amazing achievement.

Fair enough Killer, apart from May and related, I didn’t loose too much sleep over the balance of the delinquency.

Although their is a general feeling that Nate is a protected species and Ivan is not impartial.

In fact Ivans role in all things May appeared compromised and I think he lacked the leadership, certainly the influence to bring closure to matters much earlier.

Nathan thought that a public statement by him about May would assist things. But people thought very poorly of him for making it. He sounded like a knuckle dragging brain dead gronk on his way to visit a Jarryd Hayne type in gaol.

Twas an example of the out of control arrogance and why the regular fan is backing clubs that play against you.

A lot of goodwill has been destroyed unnecessarily.

All you kids at home, look at 2003 Grand Final v last year. Make your own mind up about which team you would rather see win the prize.

I’m sure you agree Killer.

Kilkenny

Coach
Fair enough Killer, apart from May and related, I didn’t loose too much sleep over the balance of the delinquency.

Although their is a general feeling that Nate is a protected species and Ivan is not impartial.

In fact Ivans role in all things May appeared compromised and I think he lacked the leadership, certainly the influence to bring closure to matters much earlier.

Nathan thought that a public statement by him about May would assist things. But people thought very poorly of him for making it. He sounded like a knuckle dragging brain dead gronk on his way to visit a Jarryd Hayne type in gaol.

Twas an example of the out of control arrogance and why the regular fan is backing clubs that play against you.

All you kids at home, look at 2003 Grand Final v last year. Make your own mind up about which team you would rather see win the prize.

Most of the current generation of fans weren’t around in 2003.

Entirely different generation.

For the older fans myself included, all three wins were special in different ways.

murraymob

First Grade

In fact Ivans role in all things May appeared compromised and I think he lacked the leadership, certainly the influence to bringclosure to matters much earlier.

Arrogance surly is bagging a penrith player supporting a friend while staying silent when a tigers player crashes a car flees the scene and only hands himself in the next day when others are questioned by police

Arrogance surly is bagging a penrith player supporting a friend while staying silent when a tigers player crashes a car flees the scene and only hands himself in the next day when others are questioned by police

I launched my Tuki awareness campaign today:

9AB8FEA8-621A-4249-ABD9-8DA1C036ABB4.png

And

A9D8D14D-33FC-4D7D-8D68-079EC13CBC24.png

Nates public support for his rodent mate was a mistake.

He could have supported the rodent privately.

Instead, he brought more shame upon the club.

Tuki had an accident and panicked. A big difference. Unlike the perverted loser, he turned himself in.

And Tukis best mate isn’t out there supporting his driving habits.

That is my honest opinion.

I’m a voice in the wilderness Mob, but mark my words, judgment day is coming for the filth that have captured your hearts and minds.

The Panthers will get off their knees one day and be the club they once were.

The club of Priddis, Lewis, Wesser, the Camel, Pritchard, the President et al. The club of Trindall and Franze. Waugh. MG and my heroes Wickey and Roycey.

A club the league expected to pay its dues to, not to laugh at or condemn as a circus like freak show of demented delinquents. The sleeping giant, a dynasty expected to last as long as rugby league is played.

Get the Panther back on her paws, cleanse the club of these no hopers.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade

Getting enough people off the glass barby to attend games and cheer on a horrible group of blokes each week was the greatest achievement.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Well said Kilkenny. My thoughts exactly.

murraymob

First Grade
I launched my Tuki awareness campaign today:

View attachment 57683

And

View attachment 57682

Nates public support for his rodent mate was a mistake.

He could have supported the rodent privately.

Instead, he brought more shame upon the club.

Tuki had an accident and panicked. A big difference. Unlike the perverted loser, he turned himself in.

And Tukis best mate isn’t out there supporting his driving habits.

That is my honest opinion.

I’m a voice in the wilderness Mob, but mark my words, judgment day is coming for the filth that have captured your hearts and minds.

The Panthers will get off their knees one day and be the club they once were.

The club of Priddis, Lewis, Wesser, the Camel, Pritchard, the President et al. The club of Trindall and Franze. Waugh. MG and my heroes Wickey and Roycey.

A club the league expected to pay its dues to, not to laugh at or condemn as a circus like freak show of demented delinquents. The sleeping giant, a dynasty expected to last as long as rugby league is played.

Get the Panther back on her paws, cleanse the club of these no hopers.
A accident would be waiting there not running off. Supporting his mate he smashed his mates car then took off
The tigers have lost the inner greatness and been replaced by inner greens .once a working mans club .Balmain now has tree hugging latte sipping vegans
Sad part is Balmain has no trees left all you see is the supporters dry humping telegrapth poles and mail boxes.I say untill road runs are done through Claymore you will struggle and continue to cry about the mighty panthers
Our only struggle last year was not having super glue as a sponsor we can fix that a bit of duct tape .Dont worry boys when Ivan becomes a immortal I will get you all the t shirts
Panthers to go back to back winners.tigers to bend touch there toes and cop it for another decade

DinkyDi

Juniors
I agree. Also they had Russell Packer in their side. Hypocritical, for me.