What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aaron Woods

stryker

First Grade
Dragons fan here, I can’t believe that so many dragons fans have somehow convinced themselves that Woods is a good pick up.
Please tell me that I am not losing my mind, he’s an absolute plodder right?
Walks into the line, turns into the defence, reverses for a few meters then dies with the ball or offloads to a player standing still.
Great bloke but pleeeeeease!
Don’t forget that he never takes a dirty or tough hit up.

Dragons fan here, I can’t believe that so many dragons fans have somehow convinced themselves that Woods is a good pick up.
Please tell me that I am not losing my mind, he’s an absolute plodder right?
Walks into the line, turns into the defence, reverses for a few meters then dies with the ball or offloads to a player standing still.
Great bloke but pleeeeeease!
Wait till he flops in a tackle, or jogs back into defensive line.
Ben Hunt is going to be doing a lot of first up work in defense

Special K

Coach
Wait until you see that first grasp at thin air, then they’ll realise what has been bought
This is what killed me.

If you go back and look at the tries scored against us an insane majority started with an air grab in the middle. I remember seeing a video in 2019 or 18 I can’t remember but they showed his “efforts” in D and how it directly impacted our finishing position for the season.

Woods is a tremendous fella and can get a quick play the ball here or there but f**k me… f**k ME. I heard Woods offered to stick around with us in the 200k range but was told thanks but no thanks. His dragons deal wouldn’t be huge but I still can’t believe he jagged an NRL gig. f**k ME. f**k ME. All the best though.

The cluelessness of his own rating of performances along with Chad, Dugan and SJ being gone from our top squad can’t be underestimated.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Obviously it's in his interest to have a crack this year with him needing to play a certain number of games to activate a clause for '23. Champion bloke but mediocrity is his speciality. For that reason the goon's may prove to be a good fit.

shadowboxer

First Grade
I'll miss him standing under the goal posts hands on hips, tape half way up his head, looking around wirh a surprised look after another try has been scored against him
😂 I was thinking the same thing - he was invariably the one I looked to when it all fell apart last year. Generally yelling at Kayo on the laptop half cut…good times
The same surprised look will be Dragons fans at his tackling attempts. Then again, he might have had a dead set realisation this is it for him.

Quigs

Immortal
I'll back it in that at least a couple of times this season that us Sharkies will finally and successfully complete the old pass out, quick pass back inside move close to the ruck and I've got a real good idea which side it will be against.

Just a hunch mind you, maybe call it a gut feeling.

Quigs

Immortal
That one was off the base of the scrum an old chestnut of a move. Even fooled the Chadley (wink wink)

I'm talking off the play the ball and tiring lazy forwards standing around.

chewsta

First Grade
The quick hands of Wade-o popping an inside ball for a flying Ben Barba to score untouched was absolutely beautiful to watch.

Quigs

Immortal
How pissed were you Chewie, it was the Mighty Gal who slipped the pass to Benny Boy

chewsta

First Grade
Sorry boys, I was referring to the many times Wade put Barba away throughout the season proper.
It was always beautiful to watch.

Other than the GF try, Gal was never any good at the inside ball way too slow and telegraphed. So many poor bastards were levelled running off Gal's inside passes. I remember Nathan Gardner getting smashed atleast 3 sets of 6 in a row running off him in one game.