What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday - Rnd 3 vs Storm

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yes ridiculous decision. Negative and then opposition then knew they had them metnsly beaten and holding on for grim death.
Meanwhile nobody wanted to tackle Hynes
But we were wearing them down according to some lol.

And they hung off Hynes all day, it’s like he had spiders on him. Or hair.

Glenneel

Bench
Hands will get his chance which is good.
Interesting game this weekend. We need to be competitive. I think we will fire up and a good chance to win. Cop a flogging and I'd not have much hope for the season tbh.
Parra's form has been disappointing so far. Their attack poor (except for 1st half Tits) but most disappointing has been their defence. Until they get that right we're going nowhere! Look at the Cows v Raiders game. For a team widely picked as wooden spooner the Cows defence was top notch and we should look at their game as a benchmark for us. Same with Knights their defence has been outstanding.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
If we are flogged this weekend which I don't expect. I think we win or lose by less then 4. But if copped a 20+ loss then yes I reckon we have seen enough over 3 games to suggest we have gone backwards.

f**king peanut
No mate. You’re the peanut. What happens in Round 3 is largely irrelevant.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Parra's form has been disappointing so far. Their attack poor (except for 1st half Tits) but most disappointing has been their defence. Until they get that right we're going nowhere! Look at the Cows v Raiders game. For a team widely picked as wooden spooner the Cows defence was top notch and we should look at their game as a benchmark for us. Same with Knights their defence has been outstanding.
9 years of compression. I love it when you see a team mark up man on man. 😁

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
No mate. You’re the peanut. What happens in Round 3 is largely irrelevant.

We don't have a great coach who will adjust our game plan. What we get is what we see, ain't nothing more to it.

We could be witnessing the decline of the squad. And with so many players leaving we need a good start. Plenty otherwise will start to give up and then we will self destruct.

Last week we looked lazy and lacked hunger. It's a worrying sign when you've just had 6mths off playing.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
We don't have a great coach who will adjust our game plan. What we get is what we see, ain't nothing more to it.

We could be witnessing the decline of the squad. And with so many players leaving we need a good start. Plenty otherwise will start to give up and then we will self destruct.

Last week we looked lazy and lacked hunger. It's a worrying sign when you've just had 6mths off playing.
We went through a very poor period and climbed out the other side last year.

The only thing I am certain of at the moment is that we still lack consistency. I don’t think it’s a forgone conclusion that we will continue to play as poorly as we did against the Sharks.

King-Gutho94

Coach

How we aim up this week will basically give us a fair guide on where we are headed this year i feel.

That round 2 win last year against Melbourne in the rain set the standard and tone for the side to have a strong start in the 1st half of last year.

We dont have to win but physically if we take it Melbourne on both sides and i think we will be alright win lose or draw.

If we offer the same passive garbage in defence like the first 2 rounds then alarm bells might start ringing.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Bar the Tigers and Manly along with us I feel all other sides have shown a lot of hunger. Some just aren't good enough to win.
I would describe our performance against the Sharks as ‘cautious’. We looked like we were playing to not lose. I think that’s a different issue to what you are describing.

hindy111

Post Whore
We went through a very poor period and climbed out the other side last year.

The only thing I am certain of at the moment is that we still lack consistency. I don’t think it’s a forgone conclusion that we will continue to play as poorly as we did against the Sharks.

Yes we had a good game against Storm and Penrith. In our other finals match against Knights we where fairly average and only just scraped the win. Knights where getting slaughtered by most sides by the end of the year. It took us 78 mins to put them away and was anyone's games till then.

We lost 5 of our last 7 games. We beat Cowboys in a scrappy affair and a great win against the Storm.

We conceeded 202 points in our last 7 games and scored 92.

hindy111

Post Whore
Storm completed at 69% and we completed at 90%.

Yes it was a great win. But of our last 9 games that and our finals loss to Penrith are the only two good games we played.
Everyone forgot about the other games including the one against the Knights in the finals. 28-20 That took us to the wire.

As fans we cherry picked those 2 good performances and forgot about the garbage we dished out in the other 7 games

hindy111

Post Whore
I would describe our performance against the Sharks as ‘cautious’. We looked like we were playing to not lose. I think that’s a different issue to what you are describing.

I thought we where hopeless. Moylan and Hynes broke 10 tackles between them. They are both two of the weakest guys in the nrl. That means we gave them space.

hindy111

Post Whore
On the Storm if you had to list their best 6 players and our best 6 who would they be?

B.Smith,Grant and Welch are 3 of theirs along with Munster, Papenhauzen and Hughes.

Our best 6 id say are - Gutherson,Moses,D.Brown,Mahoney, Jnr,Rcg.... I'd probably have Papali'i at 7. Matterson/Marata may sneak into 8th or 9th.

We win this weekend. We have to cause if we can't beat them without those guys we are stuffed. I feel we will win tbh. Id be suprised if we are unable too

Latest posts