What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 v Souths

Harry Bath

Juniors
St George Illawarra coach Anthony Griffin has named his mandatory 24-man squad ahead of the Dragons' Round 5 clash against the South Sydney Rabbitohs at Accor Stadium on Saturday, April 9 (5:30pm).
Jaydn Su'A (suspension) returns in the back row to face his former team, replacing Jack Gosiewski. Aaron Woods and Blake Lawrie swap between the bench and the front row in the only other change.

NRL squad for Round 5 v South Sydney Rabbitohs –​

1. Moses Mbye – proudly sponsored by EFEX
2. Mat Feagai – proudly sponsored by Aspec Masonry
3. Moses Suli – proudly sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
4. Zac Lomax – proudly sponsored by Floormania
5. Mikaele Ravalawa – proudly sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
6. Jack Bird – proudly sponsored by Carinya Village – Jindabyne
7. Ben Hunt (c) – proudly sponsored by Belle Property
8. Francis Molo – proudly sponsored by Deicorp
9. Andrew McCullough – proudly sponsored by St George Food Distributors
10. Aaron Woods – proudly sponsored by TLE Alexandria
11. Tariq Sims – proudly sponsored by Modus Projects
12. Jaydn Su'A – proudly sponsored by Shire Steel and Fabrication
13. Jack de Belin – proudly sponsored by TripADeal
Interchange:
14. Talatau Amone – proudly sponsored by DEMOCO
15. Josh Kerr – proudly sponsored by Jamesons Strata Management
16. Blake Lawrie – proudly sponsored by Professionals Padstow
17. Jackson Ford – proudly sponsored by Gym Solutions
18. Tautau Moga
19. George Burgess
20. Jack Gosiewski
21. Tyrell Sloan
22. Daniel Alvaro
23. Poasa Faamausili
24. Jaiyden Hunt

Unavailable for selection –​

Jayden Sullivan (hamstring) – Round 6
Tyrell Fuimaono (suspended) – Round 6
Josh McGuire (suspended) – Round 6
Max Feagai (ankle/leg) – indefinite
Cody Ramsey (hamstring) – indefinite
And Sullivan pushed back another week, that's now due back round 2, no wait round 3, err I meant round 4, no 5 this time for sure round 6.
I seriously doubt we will see him any where near first grade this year.
Loose this week and then the next 2 and season over by round 8

Dragon David

First Grade
lol so many people jumping there gun.... whoever said Latrell vs Mbye... can you imagine Latrell vs sloan? sloan would get pushed off like a fly. just get behind the team and stop whinging
Either way, it doesn't matter. Mbye or Sloan, we just don't have the effective cattle to be really competitive. Latrell didn't play against us in the Charity Shield and if he did, who knows what the result would have been. I suppose we can whinge and complain until the cows come home, but at the end of the day, it is only a game and we don't have any say with selections etc.

Just roll with the dice that has been cast. That's what we have been dealt with so have to live with it.

randomdragon

Juniors
Mate they did get beat by a point against the Storm in Melbourne in round 2, and they blew the Roosters of the park in round 3...

Sure the Panthers beat them at Penrith last week but i think it's pretty safe to say they are travelling a bit better than us at the moment...

Don't you think ?
yes agree they are better but they are not on the up. We can beat them. contain latrell cook and walker and we will bully them

Pablooo

Juniors
lol so many people jumping there gun.... whoever said Latrell vs Mbye... can you imagine Latrell vs sloan? sloan would get pushed off like a fly. just get behind the team and stop whinging
Why compare the two fullbacks , they very rarely meet on the field.
Souths are a different team to the CS. In the CS, Ilias was debuting but has improved considerably since, and Latrell, Murray, Knight and Campbell didn’t play. On form, Souths have played three of the top four teams favored to win the competition and competed for a near win in all three. They are desperate and will be on big time for this game.

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
One thing that I have really missed under this administration is the lack of transparency when it comes to injuries.
Every week, Nathan Pickworth would put a video out detailing injuries and rehab times.

I feel really disconnected from the club at the moment and it is really dissapointing.

Dragon David

First Grade
One thing that I have really missed under this administration is the lack of transparency when it comes to injuries.
Every week, Nathan Pickworth would put a video out detailing injuries and rehab times.

I feel really disconnected from the club at the moment and it is really dissapointing.
You are so right BlackDuckSaint - the lack of updates and letting us fans know what is going on with interviews etc with our conditioner - especially with Bud Sullivan - and with our players talking in general about anything - we used to have a guy (forgotten his name as it's been so long ago) roam around the paddock on training days or in the shed to give us an insight on the fellas. The only interviews we get now are the ones with Hook before and after the games - which are not worth a grain of salt anymore.

What has happened to our club? Who runs the promotional matters at the club? Where is anybody....anybody there??????? Wake up boofheads.

Gareth67

First Grade
I really cannot find too much hope for a Dragon victory this weekend , not after Sunday’s display . Unless Griffin has solved the problems that have plagued the team in their last 2 matches , then I can only see disappointment once again .

That’s hard for me to say after following the Dragons for so long however until we can find ourselves some commitment in defence and a true leader on the field I fear that this will be yet another winter of “ if only “ .

Latest posts