What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R7 Mon - St Geo Illa 14-12 Sydney @ SCG

Round 7: St Geo Illa v Sydney

• St George Illawarra Dragons

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lockyno1

Post Whore
Roosters are rubbish

Dead set their whole attack is pass it to Manu and hope he does something, not as if that 12 year old lookalike Walker is going to do much. Keary is so slow nowadays.

Valheru

Coach
Roosters do need to look at how they approach this fixture. I don't think amyine would disagree that dragons played with determination and resolve they have maybe only shown on one other occassion this year. They seem to be able to do that more often than not. I can't ever remember the roosters doing the same, they either play to form or below it.

Roosters have won maybe one ANZAC game as underdogs, 2007 at a stretch. Dragons have won 03, 12, 15, 18 and now 22 as underdogs whilst playing above themselves in losses in 19 and 17.

Valheru

Coach
Roosters are rubbish

Dead set their whole attack is pass it to Manu and hope he does something, not as if that 12 year old lookalike Walker is going to do much. Keary is so slow nowadays.

Lol walker was fine today and has been good all year.

It's good to be written off though in round 7, it's a standard feature of the roosters finishing top 4.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Lol walker was fine today and has been good all year.

It's good to be written off though in round 7, it's a standard feature of the roosters finishing top 4.
I picked you to make the GF in the preseaon, I legit think you're f**ked now.

Valheru

Coach
I picked you to make the GF in the preseaon, I legit think you're f**ked now.

Exact same as 2018... after this same fixture we were no chance, the fullback was overrated, the half back sucked, the pack was shit and the coach had no idea. By end of season the roosters were over the cap again and it just wasn't fair.

Now I'm not saying we will win the comp from here but there will be drastic improvement in this team the next 4 months.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Exact same as 2018... after this same fixture we were no chance, the fullback was overrated, the half back sucked, the pack was shit and the coach had no idea. By end of season the roosters were over the cap again and it just wasn't fair.

Now I'm not saying we will win the comp from here but there will be drastic improvement in this team the next 4 months.
I think Teddy is cooked. Manu will be your 1 in 2023

10$ Ferret

Staff member
The Roosters got all the calls, what absolute crap.
But besides that the better team won.
The Roosters are a leaderless rabble and the structure (if any) that they play with is nothing short of terrible.
IT took them over 60min to decide to take the Dragons on in the middle and when they did they look 100x better.
They will continue to be terrible if they continue to think the best option is running sideways

10$ Ferret

Staff member
The first halves are a mystery at the moment. If we played the while game like the 2nd half we win.

Keary is still returning from a serious injury and that takes time.

Toops didn't have a great day today but has been one of our best all year.

Walker has been very good.

The defence had been fine for the most part, attack is the issue. Not much needs to change but momo probably needs to go for keighran.

I thought young sualli was very good today as well.
I agree with some of your points except alot of the 2nd half was still terrible and the Roosters defence has not been close to what is expected from a Roosters team in the last 10 years. Too many holes. I think our dummy half is a huge issue, Verrils had some good runs but his service was so slow at times

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade
The Roosters got all the calls, what absolute crap.
But besides that the better team won.
The Roosters are a leaderless rabble and the structure (if any) that they play with is nothing short of terrible.
IT took them over 60min to decide to take the Dragons on in the middle and when they did they look 100x better.
They will continue to be terrible if they continue to think the best option is running sideways

Teddy did well considering. I think you guys need stronger leadership and direction from your 6,7 and 9

Valheru

Coach
I agree with some of your points except alot of the 2nd half was still terrible and the Roosters defence has not been close to what is expected from a Roosters team in the last 10 years. Too many holes. I think our dummy half is a huge issue, Verrils had some good runs but his service was so slow at times

I can't say the 2nd half was terrible, it was way better than the first. Still made a few errors but we were chasing the game.

We very nearly snatched it at the death but I reckon that would ultimately have been to our detriment. We weren't the better team over the 80 minutes and you need these losses for things to improve.

I don't think we have any choice but to stick with verrils for the year. He is just returning from injury and we need to work out where, if at all he fits next year.