What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 - Rabbitohs vs Sea Eagles: Friday 29th April 7:55pm @Central Coast Stadium

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
A few people need to be dropped.
How many more games is Mansewer gonna get before the coach gets rid of him?
I said it last year, this year, and this game is proof - Taafe is NOT a solution at fullback. He's been smashed and driven backwards on every kick return, and he is too small to defend the line as the last man. The last Manly try was pathetic defense by him and Mansewer

CAFPOW

Juniors
I can see JD happy with tonight's game. He will talk up the game as if he is heading to the NRL Grand Final.

handyman2190

Bench
A few people need to be dropped.
How many more games is Mansewer gonna get before the coach gets rid of him?
I said it last year, this year, and this game is proof - Taafe is NOT a solution at fullback. He's been smashed and driven backwards on every kick return, and he is too small to defend the line as the last man. The last Manly try was pathetic defense by him and Mansewer
I agree but! I dont think we have enough players of quality to replace the sewer,taafe is heart but he is playing out of position and whats the alternative ? AJ isnt much better at FB and you weaken the wing, our youngsters i dont think are ready,but id give gagai a go

callmack1

Staff member
Yoohooo!! Great to get the result, great to get the win!! That was such an important game that we really needed to win and we did that so I'm happy!!

Not entirely happy with the performance obviously, should have done a lot better and really put them away with 12 men but we failed to do so. I think if Manly had 13 on the field we could have been in trouble. Still gave them far too many leg ups and our defence for the most part was very poor, diabolical at stages in fact. That kept them in the game.

We kept them in the game for a lot of it and that's what has annoyed me the most. Yes, Manly were brave, tough, gritty, whatever you want to call it but we gave them constant leg ups through errors, poor discipline and some truly average defence. How were we short down that right side so often?? Manly are a great side but conceding that many points against 12 doesn't make for great reading, we really should have done better.

Attack was a mixed bag. We made meters easily, our forwards were fantastic! However, we still failed to execute a lot of the time and the timing just looked off sometimes. The reason I say it was a mixed bag was because we obviously did score some really nice tries, still scored 40 and looked great when we got it right.

The big positive out of tonight was the 80% completions. Still room for improvement but better.

The main thing is that we got the win. That's the most important thing! But still waiting for this team to fully click.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Just got home from Gosford I’m pumped what an atmosphere and a very vocal crowd tonight close to a sell out and we got that South Sydney chant going so much! I had a great time with mates and had the last laugh they wanted Manly to win. Voice is on empty but was well worth it I had a blast!

Yes we have lots of areas to improve but we should be happy we had 8 of our top 30 out tonight as well. We always knew this wouldn’t be an easy game.

GLORY GLORY BABY SOUTH SYDNEY MARCHES ON!!!! 4 and 4 was a pass mark for me before the season and we have achieved it. Still a work in progress.

My fav moment was probs the Tom try down the end I was sitting I went leaping in the air jumping up and down in pure joy!

callmack1

Staff member
I’d thought that with the send off, you would have used the sides a lot more, but then Burgess breaks right through.

Down to 12 men, they still put in a fierce effort and scrambled well until the fatigue set in.

I am still intrigued as to how Murray somehow landed and positioned safely. There’s a certain element of being out of control in that kind of tackle. The drive looked bad, although I didn’t see too much malice in it.

That Mansour neck swing was panic footy but I wonder why Des didn’t try to test him out more often.

That soft try under the posts was just brain snap stuff. They are a very good side, they were willing so you should be comfy with the score.

truthslayer

Juniors
Here are some thoughts on the game. Anyone thinking that was a great performance is out of their mind. The forwards did ok, but some drop ball and penalties again put us under pressure.

Mansour- How long are we going to entertain this option, now we have Paulo Knockers but he is faster than Josh , he also did well in the finals last year , he is taller and his form in reserve grade has been good.Not a center but is much better option than stuck in the mud , out of position Mansour.

Tass- First game, dropped a bit of ball, worth another go.

Murray and Graham- what superstars we have here both turn up every week and put in! Dont have enough superlatives for these two Along with Koolamatangi they are our future.

Tass- Another poor game , I want him to succeed but not damaging enough and an awful defensive lap on cherry evans Kick. Getting smashed to much on his carry’s.

Illias- Good and bad but still learning , I really like when he takes on the line.

Arrow - Good AS was cook and Tav.

Mitchell- well it seemed like he was on and off in a blink of an eye.

Tom- Outstanding and easily the best bigman and Savili did great.

Davy Moale- lacklustre the first stint, but did run harder his next. Gave up a stupid penalty late in tackle count.

Cook - good again

Cody- He is still not clicking with the new players was better .

I see Karapani is playing reserves today . Is gagai form ok at fullback lately?
Just my thoughts and we need to beat the Broncos next week and really lift!