What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R8 Sat - Parramatta 4-35 North Qld @ TIO (Darwin)

Round 8: Parramatta v North Qld

• Parramatta Eels

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • North Queensland Cowboys

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Homo man69

Juniors
And who plays centre?

It's mind blowing how many Eels fans still fail to understand that we have THREE FIT OUTSIDE BACKS

You can take JA off but then Cartwright plays centre. We need to score points AND not concede any more as well. At some point you have to concede we lack some troops.
We need to put any NSW cup centre in and leave Brown at 5/8. Anything to get rid of this piece of turd called Jake Arthur. He wouldn't make any other side in the NRL. He wouldn't even make a side in the English Super League. Even when his dad coached him at Rouse Hill Rhinos he should of been in the 2's. I watched a lot of there games and he was this scrawny half that never ran or kicked the ball

simmo05

Bench
They're fill ins who've been boiled alive mate.

I will never understand taking Cowboys games to Darwin. They live in f**ken Townsville.

Surely the fact that the only two games we've lost there have been against them won't be lost on the front office...
Why wouldn't they take to storm there?

chrisD

Coach
You know Payten is good because despite the pressure to play Val at fullback because of his price tag he said nope, and called it completely right.

That said I still believe his nonsense with Lolo was completely unnecessary and not a positive contribution to his cause.

Vic Mackey

Referee
You know Payten is good because despite the pressure to play Val at fullback because of his price tag he said nope, and called it completely right.

That said I still believe his nonsense with Lolo was completely unnecessary and not a positive contribution to his cause.

TBF he openly admitted he handled LoLo poorly last year and it was a big learning curve for him

Unlike what I predict from most of the Eels "faithful" (read, death riders who actually hate the merkins) I don't blame the team too much for that.

Lane dropping the try was huge and we could have played better, sure. But we just took a game against a team from Townsville away from Bankwest and to DARWIN.

The Cows aren't a shit footy side this year. They rocked up, said "hey it's real nice here let's roast these pricks" and played high intensity all night. And roasted those pricks.

Next year I bet we take NZ up there

Don’t worry, if it were us, we’d be arranging to play the Storm in Antartica.

Bazal

Post Whore
We need to put any NSW cup centre in and leave Brown at 5/8. Anything to get rid of this piece of turd called Jake Arthur. He wouldn't make any other side in the NRL. He wouldn't even make a side in the English Super League. Even when his dad coached him at Rouse Hill Rhinos he should of been in the 2's. I watched a lot of there games and he was this scrawny half that never ran or kicked the ball

Are you dumb?

ANY player OUTSIDE THE TOP 30 needs NRL clearance to play. Same for development players.

They normally don't give you clearance if you have other options.

We have THREE fit backs in the top 30 right now, but we have a fit half (Arthur). So either Arthur plays halves and we find a centre, or Brown plays halves and we find a centre. But Brown is the best defender of the options we have.

I don't like it either but I understand it. It's not as simple as "DrOp JaKe HeS sHiT"

Oppa and Russell are due back next week I think.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I don't even think we've been poor. We haven't bene great either, mind you. But I'd say the scoreline isn't reflective of the game, three tries in the last five mins for a team from heat and humidity against a gassed defensive line.

Cows intensity has been great, no mistake they deserve the win. But I think we'd have scraped home against a lot of less acclimatised teams tonight.
The heat and humidity lol. It's your 1 and 7 mate

Bazal

Post Whore
Cleary’s kicking and Edwards cover defence wouldn't allow that to happen
images

Bazal

Post Whore
Anyone who wants some late night Satruday entertainment, plz check out the match thread in the Eels forum.

Some of the saddest humans you're ever likely to encounter.