What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most hyped youngster that went nowhere?

T-Boon

Coach
French is sh!t never rated him too small only looked good in the 9’s

i remember Penrith fans saying Waqa Blake should be picked for origin in his rookie season
French was/is fast and skillful and evasive and entertaining as hell but he doesn't have the physicality you need to play NRL these days as there are no positions for average sized humans. That is a massive weakness for the code requiring rule changes.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
i remember the fight to get jackson nicolau off the storms books as he was getting groomed to replace scott hill down there and the massive buzz about this wonder kid coming to NQ. 2 games and was rubbish

Bazal

Post Whore
Why is this thread still going two people have already answered the question.

Karl Filiga. No contest

Wizardman

First Grade
According to Knights management, Greg Smith...lol. I don't know the full story about that saga but the Knights clearly didn't do their homework on him. For him to get a first grade appearance based on the words of a total stranger baffles my mind. I hope someone tries to find him for an interview at some point...lol.

looseforward

Juniors
Ask any roosters fan old enough to be around when Ryan Matterson was in the SG Ball side. Every fan that saw him play thought he was going to be an absolute superstar. Bloke never even cut it in U20s.

a couple of kind of controversial ones as they had good careers, but they were genuine “next immortal” players in flegg and reserve grade - Sam Perrett and Jamie Soward.

Perrett looked like Billy Slater in flegg. Kid was untouchable at fullback. Never able to step up in that role in firsts but transitioned to a safe as houses if not flashy winger.

Soward basically just scored at will in Flegg, and even in Reggie’s it looked almost unfair to have him in the side as he just f**king carved up teams. Mind you if he didn’t have racist old Stuart stifling the first 4 years of his career he may have found his straps earlier. Thankfully he got a reprieve moving to an actual good coach in the Bennett who got full use out of him (who IMO was in his coaching prime at the dragons)
I take it you mean Ryan Williamson not Ryan Matterson given Matterson didn’t get to the chooks until first grade. The hype on Williamson was insane across all the forums back in the day.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Jermaine Ale. Heavily touted by Raiders fans and played a total of 4 games which showed how shit he truly was.

i remember when Canberra had that shit hot reserve grade side about 15 years ago where apparently every player was going to be a gun and no one did anything.

Vic Mackey

Referee
i remember Penrith fans saying Waqa Blake should be picked for origin in his rookie season
The Panthers were going to have a dynasty with Blake, Moylan, DWZ, Cartwright, RCG, CHN, Egan, etc, who was that other shit prop they ended up shipping to the GC?

Latest posts