What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 8 vs St Geo Illa @ WIN Stadium, Wollongong

Who will win? Round 8: St Geo Illa v Wests Tigers

• St George Illawarra Dragons 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • St George Illawarra Dragons 1-12

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pezz70

Juniors
Tigers dominated every aspect of that game, slipped back into old habits when attacking in the oppositions half, not enough bodies in motion, we need a good fullback and a couple of centres. Toa did a good job as a fill in fullback but he adds nothing in attack. Thee was quite a few really good breaks made by our forwards with no one trailing

Tigers1986

Juniors
Typical Tigers game when we're expected to win. We dropped so much ball, had nothing in attack, and those defensive reads were abysmal. Gildart needs to go.

Pivotal points:
1. Tamou doesn't see/hear Liddle running up the inside. It goes 6-0 to start and we might get in a rhythm.
2. The non-penalty try to Tuilangi. He's over the line, he's putting the ball down, argument made that the tackle from Lomax dislodges it (I've seen worse awarded for grounding as well fwiw)
3. Gildart doesn't jump out like he does which then Sloane scores. Awful in defence.
4. Noffa or Gildart take either of their intercept chances.

2 weeks of bliss and we're snapped back to the mediocre reality. Manly at Brookie next week with Turbo returning. Nice.

simmo05

Bench
Typical Tigers game when we're expected to win. We dropped so much ball, had nothing in attack, and those defensive reads were abysmal. Gildart needs to go.

Pivotal points:
1. Tamou doesn't see/hear Liddle running up the inside. It goes 6-0 to start and we might get in a rhythm.
2. The non-penalty try to Tuilangi. He's over the line, he's putting the ball down, argument made that the tackle from Lomax dislodges it (I've seen worse awarded for grounding as well fwiw)
3. Gildart doesn't jump out like he does which then Sloane scores. Awful in defence.
4. Noffa or Gildart take either of their intercept chances.

2 weeks of bliss and we're snapped back to the mediocre reality. Manly at Brookie next week with Turbo returning. Nice.
We knew it was going to happen though? Shouldn't have been too much of a suprise

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Our backs are very ordinary but we don't give them nearly enough good ball in the opposition 20. Twal, Ofa and Tamou all played well but they take far too many hitups in attacking zone.
I think Laurie is key and we missed him big time today.

T'oa did a solid job but he just can't play the link man as well as Daine

Pezz70

Juniors
Did not deserve to win at all.

Nofoaluma back to his best, he is as dumb as. Other winger was excellent considering it was his 1st game for a long time.

The team lost plenty when Joe Ofahengaue was off the field.
All Of our starting forwards have been great the last couple of weeks, Tamou has been really putting in and he looks good. The only I don’t really rate is Tuilagi, yeah he looks dangerous when he has the ball but he just doesn’t do enough in my opinion, he did spend a bit of time off the park today though so I’ll cut him a break off that. Twal was awesome, Mikaele is looking big, he has really beefed up and was pretty good when he came on. I don’t think we can keep running Madden off the bench. Anybody no how far away Talau is. Talau and Douehi will add a bit to our squad

macnaz

Staff member
All Of our starting forwards have been great the last couple of weeks, Tamou has been really putting in and he looks good. The only I don’t really rate is Tuilagi, yeah he looks dangerous when he has the ball but he just doesn’t do enough in my opinion, he did spend a bit of time off the park today though so I’ll cut him a break off that. Twal was awesome, Mikaele is looking big, he has really beefed up and was pretty good when he came on. I don’t think we can keep running Madden off the bench. Anybody no how far away Talau is. Talau and Douehi will add a bit to our squad
It will be back to normal now... players wont bust their arse for losers to often ..forwards have done their bit now so the whole side will be shot across the board next week..

macnaz

Staff member
Can anyone explain or know why Hastings twice signaled to take the 2 and it was declined ?
I know it may not have affected the result but in my opinion the side being 6 up would have felt far less pressure ... and secondly and more importantly THE CAPTAIN called it... who the f**k over ruled him ? All this shit about having a player to make the calls is all worthless if he is being over ruled ...( by above ?)

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Can anyone explain or know why Hastings twice signaled to take the 2 and it was declined ?
I know it may not have affected the result but in my opinion the side being 6 up would have felt far less pressure ... and secondly and more importantly THE CAPTAIN called it... who the f**k over ruled him ? All this shit about having a player to make the calls is all worthless if he is being over ruled ...( by above ?)
Madge came out and actually owned it saying he over ruled Hastings .. admitted it was the wrong call

macnaz

Staff member
Madge came out and actually owned it saying he over ruled Hastings .. admitted it was the wrong call
Also as a player and captain on the field feeling and reading the game id be absolutely embarrassed an filthy to be overruled from above .. particularly with the club wanking on about leadership and owning the team .. this imo could be a bit of a relationship buster.. Im sure Hastings has heard the stories.. now he gets to live it..

Latest posts