What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 - Rabbitohs vs Broncos: Thursday 5th May 7:50pm @Accor Stadium

Wizardman

First Grade
Keep on relying on your trademark sweep to the winger from the scrum plays. That is all you have this year. Rabbits to miss the 8 :)

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Our “Front Office” has a lot to answer for as this pain has pretty much been self inflicted with poor recruiting and retention decisions !!

To me, even more alarming than the poor form all year except for one or two games is the lack of spirit and morale - some of the senior players are out of form and their body language suggests they are not happy….
Yeah because they probably feel they gonna get shafted too.
Reynolds, Gagai shafted.
Johnston was gonna be shafted but the members rebelled.
Tom about to be shafted.
Cody will be next.
How can the senior players be happy???

Steenson123

Juniors
Our “Front Office” has a lot to answer for as this pain has pretty much been self inflicted with poor recruiting and retention decisions !!

To me, even more alarming than the poor form all year except for one or two games is the lack of spirit and morale - some of the senior players are out of form and their body language suggests they are not happy….
Whether we blame this guy or that we have to acknowledge that Walker is one of the NRL elite players has been for some time yet his form has been weak. No leadership at all.
OK we understand that Tass/Milne et al are not regular starters. BUT does that explain Walker's fumbled gift against Maguire weeks ago with an open field ahead of him? It would have changed the outcome almost certainly! Does it also explain a similar fumble tonight when he had room to pass or run and it would have created big problems for Brisbane? Or how about his weak grubber kicks, semi-high punts and poor handling when in the red zone? Outside players there to blame too?
To me Walker wanted to be C. He was not given that and its entirely on Demetriou. Demetriou has read it wrong and now the squad is likely doomed. Murray would have not sulked had Walker been chosen but not the other way around. Walker is simply NOT focused and he is playing sans his usual intensity.

Steenson123

Juniors
The squad had best acquire amnesia over this debacle and move on as quickly as possible. I would also note that in almost every game this season - save for Easts and St George I believe - the team has been BEHIND in every start. Falling behind every game almost. That is a poor indicator for both coaching and preparation.

callmack1

Staff member
I don't have many thoughts on the game tonight, my mind is all over the place. To say I'm angry and disappointed would be an absolute understatement. I am fuming, boiling! Genuinely want to punch a hole in the wall!

What the hell happened tonight? I waited all week in anticipation of a good performance and we dish up that shit??!! It's disgraceful. Absolutely f**king disgraceful. I don't usually bag our team or the club but those pricks deserve it tonight. What a bunch of f**king idiots. Every player out there, idiots tonight!! Incompetent bufoons. There's so much more I could say. We gifted that win to the Broncos, simple as that.

I am disgusted, absolutely appalled. Every player out there in a red and Green jersey should hang their heads in shame and have a good, hard look at themselves.

I am shaking with anger right now and the depression will hit me tomorrow.

Hate to say it but I have lost all my faith with this team.

Hang your heads in shame..

Runrabbit14

Juniors
Whether we blame this guy or that we have to acknowledge that Walker is one of the NRL elite players has been for some time yet his form has been weak. No leadership at all.
OK we understand that Tass/Milne et al are not regular starters. BUT does that explain Walker's fumbled gift against Maguire weeks ago with an open field ahead of him? It would have changed the outcome almost certainly! Does it also explain a similar fumble tonight when he had room to pass or run and it would have created big problems for Brisbane? Or how about his weak grubber kicks, semi-high punts and poor handling when in the red zone? Outside players there to blame too?
To me Walker wanted to be C. He was not given that and its entirely on Demetriou. Demetriou has read it wrong and now the squad is likely doomed. Murray would have not sulked had Walker been chosen but not the other way around. Walker is simply NOT focused and he is playing sans his usual intensity.
Agree, something is not right about Walker this year but surely he is not sulking over the captaincy ?

I also cringe every time the Club roll out the line that they are sending Lattrell to the US to have him primed for the back end of the year - at this rate we will miss the finals.

Steenson123

Juniors

And it likely means the squad is split into two camps. One group support Walker as C whilst the other group are for Murray. This happens through-out world football codes.
Further, the identity of some key positions has not really been established e.g, is Ilias there to run or kick? What exactly is his role because at times he punts then Walker assumes the kicking with left footed non-pressure soft kicks. I'm confused watching the squad it is too erratic and not organised enough. It makes it that much harder on Ilias to establish his OWN IDENTITY.

Last edited:

Steenson123

Juniors
Agree, something is not right about Walker this year but surely he is not sulking over the captaincy ?

I also cringe every time the Club roll out the line that they are sending Lattrell to the US to have him primed for the back end of the year - at this rate we will miss the finals.
Well think about it. Demetriou stated last December/January that it was between several, including Walker. Wallker is a veteran and our best, THE star player for the past few seasons, he desperately wanted that recognition, not to have to plead for it believeing he had earned it. But Murray got the C despite his relatively much longer career to come. Surely Walker has been upset by this and if the poor form continues rumours about this will eventually emerge..

Rabbits20

Immortal
The Lissing’s are life members and former directors of the club and they both say Ilias is not the answer at halfback trust them. I sat with them tonight they said to me Chris trust us Ilias is not out long term halfback so I’m trusting them. They said he doesn’t have the game smarts. And Cody is getting no time or space created for him.

We met Adam Reynolds parents after the game about 30mins after it finished just outside the stadium had a long conversation with them I got some home truths about it let’s just say that spoke for 10mins I won’t divulge it all. They can’t stand Solly though said he had no respect for Adam and all he wanted 2 years and was willing to take half the salary for the second year and that how badly Adam wanted to stay but management wouldn’t waiver.

I got a photo with Adam too after the game and some words I said mate I don't begrudge you well done for doing well by your family mate I would have done the same and he said thanks it means a lot.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I don’t wanna sound like a complete moron so I apologise if I do I’m really gutted right now but don’t say I didn’t tell you all is what I’m gonna say.

We have no game manager and whoever thought Cody or Cook could become game managers mustn’t have watched them play before.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
you-made-a-big-mistake-big.gif

Steenson123

Juniors
The Lissing’s are life members and former directors of the club and they both say Ilias is not the answer at halfback trust them. I sat with them tonight they said to me Chris trust us Ilias is not out long term halfback so I’m trusting them. They said he doesn’t have the game smarts. And Cody is getting no time or space created for him.

We met Adam Reynolds parents after the game about 30mins after it finished just outside the stadium had a long conversation with them I got some home truths about it let’s just say that spoke for 10mins I won’t divulge it all. They can’t stand Solly though said he had no respect for Adam and all he wanted 2 years and was willing to take half the salary for the second year and that how badly Adam wanted to stay but management wouldn’t waiver.

I got a photo with Adam too after the game and some words I said mate I don't begrudge you well done for doing well by your family mate I would have done the same and he said thanks it means a lot.
They may be correct re Ilias. HOWEVER he must be given a proper chance. For that to happen its on Demetriou and the Coaching staff. Make Ilias more comfortable by assigning him a specific simple role. At present its chaotic and panicky players seen unsure about the passing scheme and positional play. Just look at the FG debacle against Balmain that was gifted and they stuffed up. Also Ilias may be harming Walker's perfromance BUT there are many instances where Walker has spilled the rock when the team could have scored or been dangerous or he has turned in poor kicks. That's NOT on Ilais. I would give Ilias more time BUT DEFINE HIS ROLE in simple terms. Its not difficult and he needs to be told to just stick to whatever game plan he has been assigned.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Another game that is proof that Taafe is not a fullback.
TBH, I'm not even sure he is a 1st grader
And we had people wanting him to be permanent FB even when Trell is back. I do not know why some of our supporters thought this would be possible.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Also it shows how much we missed Tom Burgess tonight. The club were considering shopping him off early now it looks like that won’t happen but if they did that to Tom I’d fume as much as I have re Reyno. We can’t let Tom go he’s got good size and gives us very good go forward, geez we could’ve done with him tonight. He’s still got good quality in him too.

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs fall to Broncos in night to forget: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/05/05/rabbitohs-fall-to-broncos-in-night-to-forget/

Press Conference - Round 9: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...nference-rabbitohs-v-broncos---round-9--2022/

'He was allowed to' - Demetriou fumes at Souths for letting Reynolds dominate: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/1b671e9b385ec2c5717a4e680ad2b279

Reynolds masterclass exposes Souths' huge mistake as Origin bolters emerge - 3 Big Hits: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/2baf23e7c674b2343c74024d76ffe004

handyman2190

Bench

Morale!! How would you feel if you knew at 30 u had to find a new club and take less money, and the team loses experience and leadership,ive said it many times and been critisized as being negative and wrong. Players wont come and those we have will look to leave before 30 so they can get paid ,hence thomas, hence gagai.
You need juniors, but u need recruitment and u need senior players,those that think it can all be done from within are delusional. Take moale,the kids not ready, came on played 20min made no impact and that was the last of him.
Peoples has been in reserves for quite a few years, he killed it, thank god, he put in, and thats what these kids need,development in nsw cup

Last edited:

Travitoh

First Grade
Well think about it. Demetriou stated last December/January that it was between several, including Walker. Wallker is a veteran and our best, THE star player for the past few seasons, he desperately wanted that recognition, not to have to plead for it believeing he had earned it. But Murray got the C despite his relatively much longer career to come. Surely Walker has been upset by this and if the poor form continues rumours about this will eventually emerge..
And this is why the club were correct not to give Cody the C. Great player but when things go bad he isn't a leader, he's a liability. Knowing that we were entering this transition period, Cody is the one we should've let go instead of Reynolds. Leadership is much, much more important when rebuilding than individual talent.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Also it shows how much we missed Tom Burgess tonight. The club were considering shopping him off early now it looks like that won’t happen but if they did that to Tom I’d fume as much as I have re Reyno. We can’t let Tom go he’s got good size and gives us very good go forward, geez we could’ve done with him tonight. He’s still got good quality in him too.
This is not over yet.
The club also said they wanted to keep Adam Reynolds.
How did that turn out?