What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the comp, Redcliffe.

Geez! No they’ve taken his recent comments about investment in participation and pathways and spun it to sound like he’s backing in nz2. He literally didn’t say anything about nz2 in that interview lol. He said they are open to new markets. I’ve shown you what he actually said and it wasnt anything like arlc favour nz2!

like I said it will be whoever fox want.
Your last sentence sums it up. The problem is Foxtel probably don't want any of the bids that are on offer.

They won't want Brisbane 3 due to News Ltd's ownership of the Broncos and their fear of losing market share, but if The Dolphins draw better ratings for Foxtel and drive up subscriptions then they might change their mind. Perth could blow everyone out of the water if all of their bids come together as one and the ARLC show some backbone. News Ltd aren't really interested, but that could change if they lose AwFuL.

NZ2 could appeal to News Ltd as they own Sky NZ and it would potentially open up more 6pm Friday matches to be based in NZ.

MugaB

Coach
If the NRL wants to truly expand and command the money it needs to dominate AwFuL then it will need to look at the SE Asian market within the next 30 years. There's only so much money in Australia and New Zealand and more than half of the world's population lives within the Valeriepieris circle, which has a 4000km radius and includes SE Asia. We're living in the Asian Century and if we do not want to become a feeder competition to the growing World Rugby then we need more money from more markets to counter onionball's growth in Asia and Europe.

The NFL have plans on adding a team in London, despite gridiron being a minority sport in England. Money talks.

I haven't spoken about Singapore in months. You and @Wb1234 talk about it more than I ever did.

Most of your posts are filled with insults and promote absurd fantasies like bringing back the Bears, relocating Roosters to Adelaide because you hate them and basing the PNG Pride in Cairns. I do not insult you because I accept that you're entitled to opinions - - even though I disagree with you most of the time and think you rarely say anything pertinent - - but I have zero respect for you because you're a "do as I say, not as I do" type of person.
So in other words "SE Asia" aka singapore!
And i don't insult you, i just don't respect you.. which is an insult really... being passive aggressive isn't being smart..
So in summation you're just repeating the same 6 points i mentioned earlier, just doing it with other words

Wb1234

Referee
If the NRL wants to truly expand and command the money it needs to dominate AwFuL then it will need to look at the SE Asian market within the next 30 years. There's only so much money in Australia and New Zealand and more than half of the world's population lives within the Valeriepieris circle, which has a 4000km radius and includes SE Asia. We're living in the Asian Century and if we do not want to become a feeder competition to the growing World Rugby then we need more money from more markets to counter onionball's growth in Asia and Europe.

The NFL have plans on adding a team in London, despite gridiron being a minority sport in England. Money talks.

I haven't spoken about Singapore in months. You and @Wb1234 talk about it more than I ever did.

Most of your posts are filled with insults and promote absurd fantasies like bringing back the Bears, relocating Roosters to Adelaide because you hate them and basing the PNG Pride in Cairns. I do not insult you because I accept that you're entitled to opinions - - even though I disagree with you most of the time and think you rarely say anything pertinent - - but I have zero respect for you because you're a "do as I say, not as I do" type of person.
Png nrl will be massive for the game

sure it’s not likely now but down the track why not?

just from a player pathway point of view let alone because they could build an 80k stadium and it will be full every week

a png nrl team makes way more sense than afl wanting a team for greater western Sydney then putting them in at homebush. This is a team that the afl puts in between ten to fifteen million extra per year to keep them alive

Png nrl will be massive for the game

sure it’s not likely now but down the track why not?

just from a player pathway point of view let alone because they could build an 80k stadium and it will be full every week

a png nrl team makes way more sense than afl wanting a team for greater western Sydney then putting them in at homebush. This is a team that the afl puts in between ten to fifteen million extra per year to keep them alive
I cannot see PNG having a team until it has the money to support one. I'd be surprised if it becomes prosperous enough to prop up a team before 2050. The population of Port Moresby was 364k in 2011. Most of the people live below the poverty line. It'll be decades before there's enough middle class families with enough disposable income to support an NRL team.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Exactly. I would say that GC, Adelaide and even Perth (they were broke although no fault of their own) were better off or had more potential than most of the sides that were kept in.

NZ 2, Perth and Adelaide would be perfect as the next 3 sides
Vlandys is a puppet not a stupid puppet doesnt want to shut WA out from govt funding for origin and magic rounds.
It will be NZ2 as the NRL want constent football in their major markets for TV ie. Brisbane and NZ. Just as the same reasoning the AFL introduced second teams in Qld and Sydney.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
I cannot see PNG having a team until it has the money to support one. I'd be surprised if it becomes prosperous enough to prop up a team before 2050. The population of Port Moresby was 364k in 2011. Most of the people live below the poverty line. It'll be decades before there's enough middle class families with enough disposable income to support an NRL team.
Dont worry they have the money, plenty of big companies up there who would get on board eg Digicel for one

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Your last sentence sums it up. The problem is Foxtel probably don't want any of the bids that are on offer.

They won't want Brisbane 3 due to News Ltd's ownership of the Broncos and their fear of losing market share, but if The Dolphins draw better ratings for Foxtel and drive up subscriptions then they might change their mind. Perth could blow everyone out of the water if all of their bids come together as one and the ARLC show some backbone. News Ltd aren't really interested, but that could change if they lose AwFuL.

NZ2 could appeal to News Ltd as they own Sky NZ and it would potentially open up more 6pm Friday matches to be based in NZ.
The other thing the NRL talk about is pathways and NZ kills it here, they tick all the boxes.

Perth Red

Post Whore
How much money do they pay per annum for sponsorship rights of the national league?
They’ve just signed a sponsorship the mens and womens national teams for $400k a year for three years. I’m sure they could come on board as the main $1mill a year sponsor. It’s making up the $5mill plus that then becomes the challenge. finding the $250k-600k sponsors.

They’ve just signed a sponsorship the mens and womens national teams for $400k a year for three years. I’m sure they could come on board as the main $1mill a year sponsor. It’s making up the $5mill plus that then becomes the challenge. finding the $250k-600k sponsors.
Coca Cola would probably jump on board. They advertise their product heavily up there and in other third world countries.

Any alcohol companies up there willing to get on board?

Coca Cola do very little sports sponsorship, especially of individual clubs.
They had their advertisements placed all over the South Pacific Nations Cup I watched online a few years ago when it was held in PNG. If they don't do it then Pepsi might see an opening and sponsor them. Pepsi did sponsor Redcliffe in the 90s and is regularly involved in South Asian cricket.