What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

aqua_duck

Coach
I really don't like Elliott but I guess he is on par or a slight upgrade on the likes of Fitzgibbon.

Him replacing Barnett is giving me flashbacks of when we got Reynoldson to replace Ben Kennedy. Dramatic but I hope point is taken anyway.
Elliot is average but he does offer a point of difference from someone like Fitzy. Fitzy has very limited footy smarts, only runs one line, zero ball playing ability and operates exclusively down a 5m corridor, I often wonder if our inability to get Best any sort of decent ball is a direct result of Fitzy's inability to run a good inside decoy line, thats how limited i think he is. Elliott I think has abit of footy in him at least and can play a few different positions

aqua_duck

Coach
Anyone see the Sharks game last week? Have a look at this ball that Ramien got which he then went on to set up a try for the Sharks

View attachment 61507

This is the kind of ball Best should get. This is the true meaning of "early ball" It's not just a matter of shoving the pass out to him as quick as you can, it's about having some depth and structure to your attack. Get the ball early plus with enough room to work some magic.

I watched this try and thought this is what Best should be getting each week.
difference is the edge runs a good inside line that then gives Ramien room, if it were us Fitzy would be operating within that 5-10 corridor betweem the tram lines running an outside crash line and Best or whoever the centre is would have to contend with the sideline but most likely would not even receive the ball because we typically hit Fitzy with the short ball 95% of the time

Knight Tales

Juniors
Riccio reporting that Matt Burton likely to ask for a release from Bulldogs after Barrett sacking. I’d be offering Best as a direct swap. Burton is a killer left centre.

Sir Galahad

Juniors
Burton is going to be a great half too. Just needs someone competent beside him at this stage of his career.
Failing getting the Munster, I'd be having a sniff at Burton for sure. Who to partner him ? I'd be looking at Milf, or another an experienced half ( not much around ) to mentor and guide him.

With Cliff, unfortunately we might just be seeing what the Cowboys already knew- not up to the task.

aqua_duck

Coach
Failing getting the Munster, I'd be having a sniff at Burton for sure. Who to partner him ? I'd be looking at Milf, or another an experienced half ( not much around ) to mentor and guide him.

With Cliff, unfortunately we might just be seeing what the Cowboys already knew- not up to the task.
Cliff is a downhill skiier abit like Milford, looks great when things around him are good, if you're asking him to be 'the man' you'll be severely disappointed.

aqua_duck

Coach
100% on both.
Thats not to say a combination of the 2 can't work, Clifford played his best football at rhw cowboys paired with Scott Drinkwater in the halves who's a player with a similar skillset to Milford in many ways, what we do need though is a game plan that consists of more than just one out running and crash balls to Fitzy.

PhilGould

Bench

Unsurprising. Shame about all the injuries because he was consistently good for us when actually on the field. Looks like he's lost a lot of pace in his return so far.

SamSepi0l

Juniors
Thats not to say a combination of the 2 can't work, Clifford played his best football at rhw cowboys paired with Scott Drinkwater in the halves who's a player with a similar skillset to Milford in many ways, what we do need though is a game plan that consists of more than just one out running and crash balls to Fitzy.
It was some of his best for sure but still chaotic and inconsistent. If we're going to see the best of Cliff here, I think it comes when Brailey is playing 90% of games and with a better halves partner than Clune.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Good luck to Edrick. He always puts in a huge effort but, as per usual with us, injuries stopped us from getting the most out of him.

Sir Galahad

Juniors
now let's get a winger that can bend the line out of our own end and get those sets off to a good start.

Young is coming along nicely.

Old dog

Juniors
Lee going is not to bad, he is good not as good as was but hopefully he gets a very good contract for a couple of seasons.

Old dog

Juniors
Burton possibly a free agent, I would chase his signature but he will likely look for a strong club for less than a weak club for more but we should try

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Am I the only one who thinks Burton is an average half? He's got a huge boot on him, but other than that a lot of his ball-playing seems very premeditated and nothing seems instinctive. Good ball-runner though but even that seemed more effective in the centres.

Latest posts