What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Gronk

Staff member
Oh i forgot our structures are fine silly me.
Sarcasm. Just own it. That's what you do.

Like irony, sarcasm conveys the opposite of what is said. The difference between irony and sarcasm, Merrill Perlman writes in the Columbia Journalism Review, is intent: sarcasm is meant to wound, while irony – generally used in reference to situations rather than people – merely points out an absurdity or contradiction.

In Greek, sarkazein meant "to tear flesh; to wound."

Gazzamatta

Coach
I think he was told he wasn't being renewed, and was offered this chance and took it. If he wasn't good enough for next season why was he good enough this season?? I mean defence coach is a pretty important position is it not???

*Stability

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Sarcasm. Just own it. That's what you do.

Like irony, sarcasm conveys the opposite of what is said. The difference between irony and sarcasm, Merrill Perlman writes in the Columbia Journalism Review, is intent: sarcasm is meant to wound, while irony – generally used in reference to situations rather than people – merely points out an absurdity or contradiction.

In Greek, sarkazein meant "to tear flesh; to wound."
Billy Crystal Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think he was told he wasn't being renewed, and was offered this chance and took it. If he wasn't good enough for next season why was he good enough this season?? I mean defence coach is a pretty important position is it not???

Must be plenty of good assistant coaches out there ffs. I wonder if Ciraldo is available.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

you've made an assumption, then you have questioned your assumption

fact check, please

strider

Post Whore

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I still can't see how that is kosher ..... I will ask my boss
No need for that. Media organisations love when people share the full text of their articles. They consider it free advertising. People read it and say "Gee this rugby league article was measured and factual. I'm going to become a subscriber."

King-Gutho94

Coach

Interesting stats and analysis on how Parramatta fare during a game depending on the score at the 20 min mark.

It doesn't surprise me as you can generally tell after 5 mins what Parramatta's mindset, mentality and attitude is.

Latest posts