What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

eels_fan

First Grade
Ain’t that a stat….

Rugby league’s favourite cliche may insist on an 80-minute game, but in recent years a Parramatta win or loss can be all but taken to the bank at the 20-minute mark.

Ahead of Friday’s grudge match against old foes Manly, Champion Data figures reveal the Eels have lost just two of 25 games they have led after the opening quarter in the past three seasons.

That 92 per cent win rate is offset by their success rate if Parramatta find themselves behind after 20 minutes; only four of their 37 wins since 2020 have been pulled out of the early fire.

We only win 10% of games where we are not winning after 20mins.

maybe BA’s constant talk about starts and front loading isn’t soo crazy

Eelementary

Post Whore
Ain’t that a stat….

Rugby league’s favourite cliche may insist on an 80-minute game, but in recent years a Parramatta win or loss can be all but taken to the bank at the 20-minute mark.

Ahead of Friday’s grudge match against old foes Manly, Champion Data figures reveal the Eels have lost just two of 25 games they have led after the opening quarter in the past three seasons.

That 92 per cent win rate is offset by their success rate if Parramatta find themselves behind after 20 minutes; only four of their 37 wins since 2020 have been pulled out of the early fire.

We only win 10% of games where we are not winning after 20mins.

maybe BA’s constant talk about starts and front loading isn’t soo crazy

Interesting.

But the question should be asked - why is that?

Do we lack professionalism? Composure? Leadership?

I'd wager that we have a relatively inexperienced leadership group, and it shows - which is why Josh Hodgson's signing may be quite a master-stroke.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Interesting.

I'd wager that we have a relatively inexperienced leadership group, and it shows - which is why Josh Hodgson's signing may be quite a master-stroke.
All of the above.

Games this year we won against storm and penrith BA has said post match we need to improve the professionalism as both games should have been closed out before needing a heart stopping finish.

Composure when we are behind is poor in games. Gutho especially tries to do too much and makes stupid mistakes.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Yeah. His short kick out of dummy half where he rolled the Pennys center into the in goal was applaud by all. Great result but bone headed play. Probably a selfish play as well.
At least that kick was kicked back into the middle of the field where it was possible for a repeat set. It when he kicks it into a corner for a hail mary and goes dead on the 3rd or 4th is frustrating.

84 Baby

Referee
Interesting.

No the real questions to ask are:
What if scores are level?
What are other teams percentages like?

yy_cheng

Coach
2gb had caylo on. He really rated Brian Smith and da.

He said in 2009 hindy played the whole final series with a fractured shoulder with lots needles

He said da had a different game plan each week for each team.

In the last normal round game against Dragons, the team asked what's the game plan. Da said do whatever you want

We lost, after the game they asked da why didn't u give us a game plan and da replied he was saving it for the following week and didn't want to give the drags a heads up

Gazzamatta

Coach

He said in 2009 hindy played the whole final series with a fractured shoulder with lots needles

In the last normal round game against Dragons, the team asked what's the game plan. Da said do whatever you want

We lost, after the game they asked da why didn't u give us a game plan and da replied he was saving it for the following week and didn't want to give the drags a heads up
Thats gash!
Pick a game plan and stick to it I say.

Angry_eel

First Grade

That almost makes me very emotional. I remember booking the tickets for the finals with some people on this forum and then we lost that game. I remember thinking "Gosh, it's going to be a long trip back from Oki if we lose" but that was an incredible game.

No one remembers DA's game plan but Jarryd's dancing around 7 players and scoring.

Latest posts