What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Soto

Bench
I see Jack Hetherington may be looking to leave the dogs as well.
I'm going to say something controversial...sign him up. He would be great for us. Could play front or backrow. Yes need to reign in his errant tackling but get that right and he could be an excellent pickup. Would have some experienced, seasoned forwards to learn from in our team instead of trying to be the leader. Plus wouldn't cost a bomb either. I'm all in. Get it done.

yy_cheng

Coach
Energy levels of the team should go up when Nrown and Marata go on.
Its almost like one day cricket for us when RCG and Jnr go off we lose intensity just like the one dayer does in those middle overs.
We always have the option of Marata playing back row and Lane or Papalii moving into the front row which probably gives better balance.
Marata back is a big in for us.
I'd suggest Nrown is as much a tactical ploy as it is hey fire up and ur team mates too.
I'd still have Cartwright on the bench instead of Kaufusi or Makatoa until we go full out assault with Greig and Rodwell later in the year.
Bench of Marata, Nrown, Greig and Rodwell would give us the size, power, aggression and good blend of experience and youth to make it a very formidable bench..
I really would drop kaufusi. Greig and rodwell hopefully has the desire to go all out and prove themselves to fight for a place in the 17. K is cruising now

the phantom menace

First Grade
I reckon Greig and Rodwell get their turn to impress from the bench during Origin period, and then could be in the mix for 17th (ahead of Kaufusi) in the second half of the season.

hindy111

Post Whore
My concern with having Matto start in place of Nrown is 2-fold.
We (all of us merkins) have been complaining for ages about the loss of impact when Pawlo and Reg go off and the likes of Kaufusi, Makatoa, Alvaro, Evans, etc. have come on.
For the last few weeks, Matterson has been that impact player and by coming on into the middle, he has given us the impetus to keep some aggression and up-tempo footy going for longer. If you are all adamant that Nrown is just a plodder, then we are going to lost the impact we have been longing for from our bench when Paulo and RCG go off, because Matterson wont be fresh like he is when he replaces Nrown.

I like impact players to just run hard and have energy. Marata and N.Brown are our best energisers. This dropping will fire Brown up as well. He is going to come on and rip in.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I like impact players to just run hard and have energy. Marata and N.Brown are our best energisers. This dropping will fire Brown up as well. He is going to come on and rip in.
And maybe coming off the bench he might be able to make an impact, because he has struggled to make much of an impact all season. Running at some tired defenders might be what he needs.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
I see Jack Hetherington may be looking to leave the dogs as well.
I'm going to say something controversial...sign him up. He would be great for us. Could play front or backrow. Yes need to reign in his errant tackling but get that right and he could be an excellent pickup. Would have some experienced, seasoned forwards to learn from in our team instead of trying to be the leader. Plus wouldn't cost a bomb either. I'm all in. Get it done.
I agree. Brown was a bit of a hot head before learning to play with more controlled aggression. I think he could be the same.

84 Baby

Referee
I reckon Greig and Rodwell get their turn to impress from the bench during Origin period, and then could be in the mix for 17th (ahead of Kaufusi) in the second half of the season.
I’d have agreed with you a month ago but last couple of games (except Smug game) Junior/RCG haven’t really be up to their usual standard.
BA must have been overplaying them eh @Gazzamatta … oh wait they’ve been playing less minutes…

TheRam

Coach
I see Fitzgibbons brave selection to move his gun half to fullback to cover Kennedys absence lasted a total of one week. It definitely weakened his team and he fixed it quick. A debut jersey for his replacement this week apparently.

See rookies make mistakes, but the good ones fix them fast.

Last edited:

TheRam

Coach

I'm a bit concerned that he maybe carrying an injury. Maybe his ankle again, not sure.