What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matthew Lodge

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Cameron George can’t speak on it due to a confidentiality agreement between both parties. There will only be one of those in place if there is shit that they don’t want public knowledge

this reeks of having O’Sullivans dirty paws all over it. A few weeks ago O’Sullivan shared private text messages to Rothfield between he and Pongas dad after the Dolphins missed out on getting him. Now all of a sudden Buzz has some info to share relating to O’Sullivans son in law, obvious to join the dots there. Never been a more apt set of initials than POS

I wouldn’t be surprised if something dodgy was done to get him across the middle of last year, I know that technically when they signed AFB that it wasn’t all above board and following protocols

Leber

Bench
Is this actually true though? It's rumoured, but is it confirmed we have paid him?

Apart from being insanely dodgy, if he isn't technically contracted next year then I can't see it will be legal.

The club has to come out and address this. If they don't, they are hiding something.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee

We have old white men, you have a cool women, such a kiwi girl....

I look forward to her being UN secretary general.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Just do not let Matthew Lodge go to New York, that will not end well. Add NZ.

Last edited:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Half thier team are kiwis, as if Victorians would play a mans game.....

Old mate the thug, you know who I mean, will probably go there.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Is this actually true though? It's rumoured, but is it confirmed we have paid him?

Apart from being insanely dodgy, if he isn't technically contracted next year then I can't see it will be legal.

The club has to come out and address this. If they don't, they are hiding something.
George was contacted and said he couldn’t speak about it so I’d say it’s true

Benek

Juniors
This is so absurd I can hardly believe it. How inept is our management to let something like this happen?

Sign a player to a NZ team. Next year he decides he doesn't want to move to NZ (despite that not even happening for 6 months) so he quits mid season. Allow him to leave with no replacement. Them pay him out the next 1.5 years of his contract!

What power does Lodge hold over the club? I can't think of a single explanation for how this could be allowed to happen except some kind of blackmail.

If we don't get a detailed official response soon this could mark the beginning of the end of the club.

Imagine how the other players think! They just saw a guy walk out the door with more than a year's worth of free salary for quitting, and it's likely more money than most of them will make for staying and playing.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
This is so absurd I can hardly believe it. How inept is our management to let something like this happen?

Sign a player to a NZ team. Next year he decides he doesn't want to move to NZ (despite that not even happening for 6 months) so he quits mid season. Allow him to leave with no replacement. Them pay him out the next 1.5 years of his contract!

What power does Lodge hold over the club? I can't think of a single explanation for how this could be allowed to happen except some kind of blackmail.

If we don't get a detailed official response soon this could mark the beginning of the end of the club.

Imagine how the other players think! They just saw a guy walk out the door with more than a year's worth of free salary for quitting, and it's likely more money than most of them will make for staying and playing.
Great post, I truly wonder to much, what if, what if..

Better have not been Stacey......

Scott

Bench
If Cameron George can't explain due to confidential clauses etc, then he needs to be fired immediately by Mark Robinson. MR was very honest with his thoughts around POS, now it's time for the same regarding CG.

This whole situation has got me very very down about the state of the whole club. I felt during the height of the pandemic that the club might not survive. This feels like another nail in the coffin. I have no idea where we go from here.

JJ

Immortal
If Cameron George can't explain due to confidential clauses etc, then he needs to be fired immediately by Mark Robinson. MR was very honest with his thoughts around POS, now it's time for the same regarding CG.

This whole situation has got me very very down about the state of the whole club. I felt during the height of the pandemic that the club might not survive. This feels like another nail in the coffin. I have no idea where we go from here.
Yep this is bullshit, if they expect fans to support them with shit like this they’re delusional, hiding behind confidentiality isn’t enough here, this damages the club now in terms of playing strength, and in the future (both losing Lodge and the salary cap) and reputationally they are a complete joke…

Last edited:

Matua

Bench
The Warriors got played by O'Sullivan big time and George is clearly out of his depth. What's worse is that this has me agreeing with Kent (about sending it to the integrity unit to investigate) and now I feel dirty.

Seriously, burn this club to the ground and start again. It's just too rotten to continue in it's current form.

Latest posts