What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Payne Haas requests immediate release from the Broncos.

nick87

Coach
He wants to win a comp with a Qld based team

That's why he's coming to the cowboys

The Broncos got Corey Jensen and we get Haas as compensation

We even threw in Ben Hampton to sweeten the pot

Watch out Panthers when we unleash Haas tomorrow night

sounds like another battle won in war lost long ago :(

Billythekid

First Grade
Broncos are just outside the top 4 and must surely feel like they have a shot over the next 2-3 years. Surely they would need to be given an incredible offer to even consider this.

Poor fella just got some new manager trying to get some more percentage coin for doing sweet fa. Got ripped by his last one and now believes the new guy is legit in 'fighting for whats rightfully his.' My god there are some gullible chumps running around. Who does he think should take a pay cut to accommodate his demands?

Last edited:

Floodwaters

Juniors
His currently on 750-800k.. WTF

I was thinking he must have been on some rookie deal, his already on big coin.. what a wanker..

blaza88z

Coach
It's SBW v2.0

In my view, any club that pays a prop 1 million a year is setting themselves up for disaster

Floodwaters

Juniors
It's SBW v2.0

In my view, any club that pays a prop 1 million a year is setting themselves up for disaster
100%

AKA Cowboys with Taumalolo, done nothing his whole contract, only just started going well with a couple key recruits, namely Townsend and Deardon.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
the players are the work force
The skilled labour who put their bodies through an immense level of physicality starting mostly from a very young age for what is ultimately a very short career, 10-12 years at the most if you’re one of the very best

Most don’t even get life changing money. They have to earn what money they can whilst they can

You’re right it’s not a like for like and nor should it be. The power should (and has and always has frankly) rested with the players
They know that now and there is no putting that toothpaste back in the tube

Re Haas, I think his contractual demands are crazy for a middle forward, and he’s not consistently dominant enough to sniff justifying that money. But if he gets his money good for him and his family.
As much as you want to say the players hold the power, in reality its about 20 of them that do. The rest have the protection of the union and contract law. Luckily for the rest the clubs don't have a binding union in the same way.

There has to be some sort of protection for clubs(and TBH fans) from greedy agents and the like. Whether its non-competes or something as simple as players being held to the financial terms for the length of their current contract wherever they land.

blaza88z

Coach
I swear the re-signed him on a 5yr/500k deal back in 2019.

We did, we upgraded him along the way based on his output, it's ridiculous what he is asking for right now, he's quickly gone from a fan favourite to looking like a real dickhead

It would be interesting if he did go to the market to see which clubs would come to the party for a million dollar offer, this isn't an impact player, he slogs out 200m a game in the middle and whilst that's great, it's not the stuff that will single handedly win you games of footy

Floodwaters

Juniors
When his contract finishes his only going to be 24, it's actually a shame he can't just knuckle down for 2 more seasons on 800k then see what his management can get him, his career is only just starting.. Broncos are in a good spot if they can keep most these young guys which is made harder by a 22 year old prop wanting 1million+.

Latest posts