What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the comp, Redcliffe.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
How much money do they pay per annum for sponsorship rights of the national league?

Here are a list of PNG RFL sponsors, who you would assume would be happy to chip in a few kina also the government would be willing to assist.

Digicel have sponsored the National League for 13 years, taking up an option that covers 2021 and 2022.
They had spent 20 million Kina over 11 years previous to taking up the option. Which works out to an average of $750k per year.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Here are a list of PNG RFL sponsors, who you would assume would be happy to chip in a few kina also the government would be willing to assist.

Digicel have sponsored the National League for 13 years, taking up an option that covers 2021 and 2022.
They had spent 20 million Kina over 11 years previous to taking up the option. Which works out to an average of $750k per year.
Seems a lot, but PNG Hunters would have gone bust if Australian Govt hadnt stepped in.

I see Coca Cola is on the list!

Do they have Macca's up there?

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Seems a lot, but PNG Hunters would have gone bust if Australian Govt hadnt stepped in.

I'd be confident if PNG was put into the NRL (and that won't happen anytime soon) the whole country would be swept up into getting on board. Just as it has been the case for other areas who have joined the NRL.

Money wouldn't be an issue. If it was they wouldn't bother applying.

Pippen94

First Grade
I cannot see PNG having a team until it has the money to support one. I'd be surprised if it becomes prosperous enough to prop up a team before 2050. The population of Port Moresby was 364k in 2011. Most of the people live below the poverty line. It'll be decades before there's enough middle class families with enough disposable income to support an NRL team.

Would have entire country & associated industries

Pippen94

First Grade
Tv ratings last night; Brisbane audience bigger than Sydney for qld teams. Shows value of local teams for both... & ppl want less Sydney teams & against brisbane3

Tv ratings last night; Brisbane audience bigger than Sydney for qld teams. Shows value of local teams for both... & ppl want less Sydney teams & against brisbane3
I just had a look at the ratings.

Broncos vs Titans was watched by 9k more people than Panthers vs Cowboys on Fox League. Interesting considering Broncos vs Titans was also on Ch9. I suppose less people are at home to tune in to the 6pm Fri game, making a mockery of its existence. This was the biggest 6pm Fri I can remember with it being the match of the round. If it cannot draw better than that then the timeslot needs to be canned.

Colk

First Grade

See I worry about your ability to analyse data. The audience outside of Qld including the Sydney figures were really ordinary. This would go against the idea of two teams from the same market playing each other.

The five metro market audience was nearly 200k less than the AFL and people on here seem to think putting more teams in the same market makes sense.

Wb1234

Referee
I just had a look at the ratings.

Broncos vs Titans was watched by 9k more people than Panthers vs Cowboys on Fox League. Interesting considering Broncos vs Titans was also on Ch9. I suppose less people are at home to tune in to the 6pm Fri game, making a mockery of its existence. This was the biggest 6pm Fri I can remember with it being the match of the round. If it cannot draw better than that then the timeslot needs to be canned.
Foztel will never allow it

having the early game means they keep all those viewers for the 730

it’s why the ratings on fta are so bad everyone has been switching to kayo

Colk

First Grade
Foztel will never allow it

having the early game means they keep all those viewers for the 730

it’s why the ratings on fta are so bad everyone has been switching to kayo

Well hopefully the Warriors are positioned for a few of those games next year. Also whenever they put in a second New Zealand side, that would also be a good time slot

Wb1234

Referee
Well hopefully the Warriors are positioned for a few of those games next year. Also whenever they put in a second New Zealand side, that would also be a good time slot
Warriors need some stability

their new owner sounds like a major dope I’m a bit worried about them

Perth Red

Post Whore
Those are shocking metro fta ratings. No wonder nine refused to pay anymore money for the next 5 years!

Latest posts