What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matthew Lodge

Blair

Coach
At least when we're back in Auckland all this 'I don't want to move to NZ' malarkey will be over before it begins.

Another thing, Brisbane, GC, Sydney, etc, are just dreadful places to live at the moment. All that goddamn water, everywhere, every week. Everyone's feeling down, no end in sight.

I'd leave if I could*, that's after about 25 years, and it's home here, with NZ being something new now.

But these players won't go for a couple of years, when they're in their 20s/early 30s, wrapped up in cotton wool with guaranteed job and house provided, when moving should be so much easier anyway.

*please note I have a slight hangover, which might be affecting my mood!

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

I supported the Panthers as a young fella before 95, and am a massive Ivan Cleary fan...I think it's getting as close as it ever could to thinking I should just buy a chocolate soliders jumper and get on with the rest of my life.

Scott

Bench

I supported the Panthers as a young fella before 95, and am a massive Ivan Cleary fan...I think it's getting as close as it ever could to thinking I should just buy a chocolate soliders jumper and get on with the rest of my life.
Mate, if the WA Bears make it in, i'm back with the Mighty Bears.

JJ

Immortal

So did I, and I think that's where I am at now...

And again, really takes a special effort to make Lodge look like the mature/good guy... Well done Mr Robinson (or well done to Team Lodge) - either way, I am over this shithouse atm

Benek

Juniors
Nothing you can do but LOL at the whole situation. Robinson and George have both somehow come out looking like idiots, while Lodge manages to spin himself into the good guy. Meanwhile, the roster and salary cap keep getting weaker and weaker.

(And it does count towards the cap. George confirmed this directly in the interview!)

Need to hear more from the club's side of the story. If they keep hiding behind confidentiality Lodge gets to control the narrative.

But no matter what the story is, paying out a guy for an extra year of his contract when he's publically stated he didn't want to move to NZ was a dumb move.

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The whole saga just gets weirder. Lodge and Robinson tell contradictory stories and both seem at pains to downplay the alleged incident and not speak badly of each other. Combine with George refusing to say anything I’m even more convinced that nobody is telling the truth.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
So did I, and I think that's where I am at now...

And again, really takes a special effort to make Lodge look like the mature/good guy... Well done Mr Robinson (or well done to Team Lodge) - either way, I am over this shithouse atm
Ha, it's funny (well it's not) but it is true. Lodge is now the guy who looks level-headed and mature. The guy who has now failed to complete four contracts with four different NRL clubs.

These f**kwits George and Robinson are lucky in a way with COVID, we're going to get decent crowds for our games this year and there'll probably be a novelty factor next year, too. But f**k me, this is getting to a point where fans will just give up.

Matua

Bench
Ha, it's funny (well it's not) but it is true. Lodge is now the guy who looks level-headed and mature. The guy who has now failed to complete four contracts with four different NRL clubs.

These f**kwits George and Robinson are lucky in a way with COVID, we're going to get decent crowds for our games this year and there'll probably be a novelty factor next year, too. But f**k me, this is getting to a point where fans will just give up.
Nope, he just looks as bad as the others despite the favourable media he's received in the last 24 hours. Just because the others are twats doesn't make him any less of a twat.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Maybe this guy? You no like your PM, who ftr promotes your country with such pride.

I do love Korg too.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I have man love for Kiwis, Lodge is a thug, one of us.

You correctly sent him back, Jacinta would approve.

Watch it happen.UN secretary general, lodge probably in jail in England.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The more I think about Lodge’s statement the more I think it’s a carefully crafted piece of media bullshit probably written by his management. I’m more inclined to believe Robinson’s version which at least comes off somewhat unfiltered (and still makes them both look like dickheads)

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
The more I think about Lodge’s statement the more I think it’s a carefully crafted piece of media bullshit probably written by his management. I’m more inclined to believe Robinson’s version which at least comes off somewhat unfiltered (and still makes them both look like dickheads)
Bang on, I have absolutely no doubt that Peter O’Sullivan is feeding his mates at Fox like Buzz all this info to suit their narrative.

I haven’t heard a thing mentioned yet where either party would need a confidentiality agreement, and that is where the truth will lie if it ever comes out

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Bang on, I have absolutely no doubt that Peter O’Sullivan is feeding his mates at Fox like Buzz all this info to suit their narrative.

I haven’t heard a thing mentioned yet where either party would need a confidentiality agreement, and that is where the truth will lie if it ever comes out
I’ll bet we hear something from a departed player/coach/staffer at some point. There would be witnesses to whatever went on and they’ll sing like canaries once they’re not worried about the boss punishing them.
My bet is some grubby incident occurred that involves both Robinson and Lodge, and as Robinson owns the joint, it’s Lodge who has been paid to keep quiet and piss off.

Last edited:

Tongue

Juniors
So word is Lodge was over calling game plans and decisions during the games.
Maybe....Maybe? we will see some cohesion today.

Blair

Coach
So word is Lodge was over calling game plans and decisions during the games.
Maybe....Maybe? we will see some cohesion today.
But that doesn't mean the owner gets involved. The coaching staff sorts that out, Dessie at Manly would have Lodgy in the naughty room pretty quick.

Latest posts